CANBIF: Spring, 2020!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Electros, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Electros

Electros Poo-Bah (1,664) Feb 20, 2007 Ontario (Canada)
    Society

One more thing everyone; if you know of any CANBIF regulars/past participants out there in your beer circles I have lost some contact emails for a few BAs in the East/Western provinces please pass along a message of the trade. Also all new BA'S welcome just shoot me a PM. CheeRio!

darcyk likes this.
  2. Oleksandr_Bogachov

Oleksandr_Bogachov Initiate (16) Apr 13, 2019 Ontario (Canada)

I am in :slight_smile:

Cheers everyone

remsad and Electros like this.
  3. Vinny27

Vinny27 Initiate (49) Mar 28, 2017 Quebec (Canada)
    Trader

I am in!

Electros likes this.
  4. Electros

Society

We have lost some and gainted some. Here are the updated numbers:

Manitoba - 1
    British Columbia - 3
    Quebec - 4
    Ontario - 7
    Nova Scotia - 2
    New Brunswick - 1
    Alberta - 2

Total - 20

darcyk and remsad like this.
  5. Electros

Society

2 weeks left to sign up...

If you have traditionally partners out of province on BA and or regular Canbif'RS that haven't beeb on the site or all of the above please the good word about the trade along.

Support you local buisnesses, social distance, dust off some beers from the cellar and take care all!

6. Electros

Society

1.5 weeks left to sign up!

7. Electros

Society

There is less then one week left to sign up. Anyone else want to join the fun? Pm me!

remsad likes this.
  8. Electros

Society

5 days left to sign up!

9. wordemupg

wordemupg Poo-Bah (4,204) Feb 11, 2009 Alberta (Canada)
    Society Trader

Count me in boys and girls!!!!

darcyk and Electros like this.
  10. Electros

Society

:hugging::ok_hand:

11. Electros

Society

****** ATTENTION ******

I have been through numerous discussions with participants as well as Phyl21ca and came to a snap decision to close sign up 3 days early.

I was up late last night and have completed pairing and thankfully by the geographical numbers was able to pair everyone. Emails containing target information will bet sent out TODAY.

I will also be sending out a mass email notifying BAs of this post as well as emails so everyone that has signed up is informed.

I urge everyone to post right away starting the hints and hauls portion of CANBIF. Please post you like/dislikes/styles/etc so to give your sender an idea of beer prefereneces. This gives 6 days before the shipping opens. This will be adjusted if need be.

Throughout the trade please maintain good communication with myself. Don't be too surprised getting an email or a text message to your cell phone if I need to get ahold of you in a snap.

I want to thank everyone who has signed up. Normalsie, unity, civility, and humanity throughout will win during these tense times...

Support local, Cheers all!!!

Without further adeu LET'S GET IT ON!!!

****** IF ANYTHING HAPPENS MESSAGE ME POST HASTE ******

12. Electros

Society

13. Electros

Society

Hello hello hello!

I love the big, bold and beautiful. I am a hop-head (love the alpha acids)and any and all styles... stouts, rye, barley. If you like it mostly I will too! The only style I am not big on is sours. Cheers everyone!!! Please post post post! Once you have target information post target hints.

darcyk likes this.
  14. Ferris

Ferris Initiate (77) Apr 23, 2013 British Columbia (Canada)

Apologies to my sender, but I am a rampant ticker. So something new or seasonal is what I really enjoy.

Please use my same username on RB to see what I have had.

I am not too fussy, but dislike Hefeweizen and ESB beers. All else is fair game.

15. mook32911

mook32911 Initiate (48) Oct 23, 2013 Montana

I love good beer. That being said I still have not had a milkshake IPA, slushy like beer, or black IPA that I have actually enjoyed. If you think you know one the will knock my socks off I am game!
    I love hazy IPAs, saisons, hefs, stouts, pilsners, pale ales, sours, etc. etc.
    Stealing a line from Electros, if you like it chances are I will too!

Cheers!

16. Electros

Society

:heavymetal:

17. ABeerHoarder

ABeerHoarder Initiate (51) Oct 18, 2014 Ontario (Canada)

I posted it earlier in the thread, far too early.

LIKES: Coffee in beer! Like everyone else on here, I enjoy old ales, barleywines, and BBA stouts that aren't diabetes sweet. I'd be happy with anything barrel-aged that isn't stomach-dissolvingly acidic or tastes of diacetyl. I like quads/dubels, but find tripels too spiced. Anything dry and clean. Wee Heavies. Gimmie that crazy ABV shit. Well-made or innovative mead (Schramm's, B. Nektar). Or beers that incorporate mead/wine or grapeskins/must.

DISLIKES: Smoked beers. Rum barrel-aged. Lactose in beers other than milk stout. Most spiced or fruited beer. Most recent IPAs - DIPAs are great, but not NE IPAs. I don't tend to like IPAs with a piney profile or hop burn/aggressive hopping either. As a rule, I tend find most lagers skunky.

You can find me on Untappd with the same username, and Electros has a link to my cellar if you need it.

Electros likes this.
  18. Electros

Society

FYI... I am also Electros on Untappd.

Hints about my targets will come later today!

19. darcyk

darcyk Initiate (76) Jul 15, 2014 Ontario (Canada)

I'm "that guy" who's usually last to post on any thread. To my senders: thank you for all the time/effort securing goodies to send.

I'll be brief and not too picky: I drink anything, as long as it's not:
    • (a) hazy; I HATE HAZY BEERS almost as much as Donald Trump
    • (b) has lactose added, or is as sweet as diabetes (e.g. J Wakefield)

Really like: saisons, sours, BA saison/sour/stout/barleywine, any proper British/Scottish ale, clear & bitter IPAs.

Thank you, warm wishes to all, be safe, stay well, and enjoy trading!

#59 darcyk, Apr 3, 2020 at 6:13 PM
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2020 at 6:24 PM
    Electros likes this.
  20. Vinny27

Vinny27 Initiate (49) Mar 28, 2017 Quebec (Canada)
    Trader

Hi!
    I'm super happy To do the Canbif this Year after 2 Year I was forced To skip it.

What I DISLIKE : Quadrupel, hefenweisen, est and red ale.

What I LIKE: Juicy IPA, sour fruited beer, Anything BA, Pilsner, sessions etc.

21. remsad

remsad Aspirant (218) Jan 29, 2018 Quebec (Canada)
    Society Trader

Salut!

As always, I love Barrel Aged bottles. It can be sours, stouts, wild ale ...

But I Really doens't like IPAs, Pilsner. I've tried a couple of times in the past to develop this part but without any success.

I know the times is not good for everyone but I'm pretty sure we will do something a little good for each others.

Cheers!

Electros likes this.
  22. sebado

sebado Initiate (71) Aug 18, 2011 Ontario (Canada)

Bonjour!

I am glad to be joining CANBIF for the second time.

To the person that got me, you will notice that my beer count on Untappd is quite high. As a teacher, I travel a lot for craft beer during my holidays. My Untappd username is Sebado (S├ębastien Bertrand). I enjoy trying new beers...I'm a proud ticker!

LIKES: Stouts, IPAs, Smoked Beers, Barleywines, Dubbels, Tripels, Quads, Barrel-aged beers especially in bourbon! Wild funky beers, lambics, Flanders Reds are good too.

DISLIKES: Sours tend to be painful to drink. I can't do pepper beers (jalapenos, chillies). Saison and Weizen are not my favourites. I still enjoy some of them.

For the person that I'll be sending beers to, I have visited your city a few times since I have family there. Your street names makes it easy to find your way.

Merci!

Electros likes this.
  23. tbadiuk

tbadiuk Aspirant (234) Feb 9, 2009 Manitoba (Canada)
    Trader

Likes: Mostly tasty low < 6% ABV stuff I can have with supper (saisons, IPA's with citra being a fav, witbiers, etc. anything you think tastes good, pretty much). Also, the occasional high ABV BA stout, porter, etc to open on the weekend, or share with friends. Really, the overriding theme is really "does it taste good?" followed by "how often can I open one during the week?" (low ABV helps here).

Dislikes: Not much, milkshake IPA's with zero carb that look like orange juice. Most barleywines don't seem to do it for me, but if you think there is one I'll love, I'm game.

24. wordemupg

wordemupg Poo-Bah (4,204) Feb 11, 2009 Alberta (Canada)
    Society Trader

25. Teethoflions

Teethoflions Initiate (44) Nov 23, 2017 Nova Scotia (Canada)
    Trader

Vague hint: My target is in a province that I've never been to, nor have I tried any beers from (that I can recall). I think I've tried beers from 7 or 8 provinces/territories, and been to only 5 of these.

Electros likes this.
  26. Teethoflions

Trader

As far as my likes/dislikes...

Saison/lager/grisette-- love these styles a lot. Mixed-ferm saisons/grisettes are great. Farmhouse! Noble hops! New-world is ok as well.

Barleywine/imperial stout/etc-- I love big beers, especially when barrel-aged. Totally into pastry/adjunct stouts as well. Coconut, coffee, chocolate, etc? Great! Got an eisbock or something similar? Rad! You get the drift.

Good classic styles done well can be nice, too. No style in particular, but just something done well. Could be an ESB or a Schwarzbier or a Rauchbier, whatever! Btw, yeah, Schwarzbiers rule.

I also like IPAs and pale ales, if they are done well and are very fresh. I do like a bit of (balanced) bitterness tho, please.

As for sour things, I am not huuuuge on "sours" as a whole, but I do like some things that fall into this category, like Lambic and grape beers.

I also like wine, mead and cider, if they are done well.

I like interesting things. Concepts. Weird ingredients. Spicy beers.

I don't care much for acetic acid, so Flemish Reds and Oud Brouns need not apply.

Thanks for your consideration and care in picking!

Electros likes this.
  27. Teethoflions

Trader

28. Phyl21ca

Phyl21ca Poo-Bah (10,225) Jun 26, 2003 Quebec (Canada)
    Society

I'm pretty much open to whatever my sender can access easily. Boutip on Untappd on look at my ratings on BA for I've had/enjoyed in the past.

29. GRM

GRM Initiate (23) May 10, 2008 Quebec (Canada)

Salut,

to my target, I will try very hard to hit your wishes so that you will be an happy customer. A little warning though I was to my go-to beer place this morning and stocks are a bit low, I wonder why... There are indeed novelties and some bigger beers available but not as much as usual. And by the way, I started to shop for you already. I am not giving you hints at this point as the number of participants is a bit low.

To my Santa Claus, I am a big fan of imperial stouts, especially, the barrel-aged ones. I find myself also enjoying more and more imperial porters. I also like IPAs, barley wines, Belgians, mead and cider. I like beers that are flavourful and have character. I am not a big fan of sours, especially those that required to be drunk with a bottle of Pepto Bismo! Ideally, I would like to be receiving beers that I cannot get my hands on in Gatineau/Ottawa.

Have a nice day!

Phyl21ca, darcyk and Electros like this.
  30. Electros

Society

Hints:

(i)a) 2 hrs 33 mins, flight to target 1.

(i)b) 4 hrs 10 mins, flight to target 2.

:grin:

Phyl21ca and darcyk like this.
  31. fiery1

fiery1 Initiate (49) Sep 16, 2015 British Columbia (Canada)

alright... as usual I'm behind on things...
    well to my sender, my interests lay in stouts, sours, and saisons... however I'm primarily interested in brews from new berewies and brews I have not yet have before.
    I like to tick beers =)
    You can find my profiles as fiery1 on Untappd & ratebeer

to my target... you've layed out your interests... I'll try to abide by your likes/dislikes... could be interesting with present times to source everything.

Vinny27, Electros and Phyl21ca like this.
  32. Electros

Society

Hints (ii):

2 (a): Great Britain, England, Buffalo.

2 (b): Blue sky, England, Mountain meadow, Wheat.

33. MasterSki

MasterSki Poo-Bah (6,741) Dec 25, 2006 Ontario (Canada)
    Moderator Society

I think my target may have shipped already, as I got an ASN from Canada Post, but that's OK because my only request is that beers are NEW (to me) and/or GOOD (if I've had them before). Seeing as I don't trade much anymore, there's a pretty high likelihood that everything will be new anyway.

On the odd chance you haven't shipped already, I do have a soft spot for chile beers and malt liquors.

Gonna look at my target's profile today and try to put the box together, but please post soon so I can see if there is anything local for sale that might tickle your fancy.

Electros likes this.
  34. Oakes

Oakes Initiate (18) Jul 12, 2006 British Columbia (Canada)

For me, my main preference is really for beers that are new to me but style wise more in the bretty mode, or pastry stouts. But I'm not that fussy - good beer is the biggest thing.

For what I've had my list is basically up to date over here.

My target should know that I am no longer in full isolation so will do my best to satisfy your wish list. I think most of us are in the same boat with respect to having a bit of a challenging supply chain but I'll make sure it works out.

35. sebado

sebado Initiate (71) Aug 18, 2011 Ontario (Canada)

I just sent two boxes to my target. I really enjoyed the Chuckwagon in your city!

mook32911 and Electros like this.
  36. mook32911

mook32911 Initiate (48) Oct 23, 2013 Montana

Hinweise Nummer eins;

33 Hours
    87 Last year
    So no Quaker Oats for you!

Electros likes this.
  37. Electros

Society

Hints (iii):

3 (a): Unum Cum Virtute Multorum.

3 (b): Onward.

38. AMad88

AMad88 Initiate (31) Jan 26, 2019 New Brunswick (Canada)
    Trader

I apologize to my sender for being late to the party. I like most beers that are well crafted. My least favourite style is probably the Brut IPA so don't go out of your way to include any of those. Basically just super interested in trying new brews that are not typically accessible.

Amado88 on Untappd

To my target...

You reside to the west of here. You've tried a fair amount of beer and seem to enjoy trying new things. Luckily for me, and due to our proximity you haven't tapped too much into my local market. As a result, I don't anticipate any issues sending you some variety given the current strain on my supply chain.

Cheers!

Electros likes this.
  39. Tmappin

Tmappin Aspirant (262) Sep 25, 2008 Nova Scotia (Canada)
    Trader

Heyo,

Sorry for the late post, I forgot I had this thing to do. Yay things to do.

This is my, ah heck I dunno, 12th Canbif? 14th? Who the hell knows... not my first rodeo.

Anyways to my target:
    1. This box is going west, but not all the way.

2. I have both been to this city (just the airport) and shipped beer to this city.

To my sender:

1. I am not a ticker, but I do enjoy novelty. I will definitely drink and enjoy an old favourite. I am TheBeerHobo on untappd.

2. I love well made beer. I also enjoy a trainwreck for a laugh, just please don't only send me trainwrecks.

3. I enjoy sour beer, but not crazy sour beer. I know Small Pony makes quality beer, but its not for me.

4. I love big ol barrel aged nonsense. Bourbon aged imp stout, sherry barrel aged english barley wine, what ever else. Cool.

5. I love a well made lager. Helles, german pils, doppelbock, bock, marzen, etc. I dig em.

6. I enjoy British styles. Bitter, mild, whatever. Just not Irish red ale. Its a garbage style.

7. I love a well made pale ale. Westcoast, New England, IPA, english (that you like), dang I would even fuck with a milkshake IPA if it is really good.

8. I love saison/farmhouse/grisette, biere de garde, whatever you wanna call it. Wood aged/with bugs/clean. Whatever. Aim for quality and I will dig it.

9. I enjoy Belgian beer. Tripel, dubbel, golden strong, dark strong, pale, wit, if its good I will enjoy it.

10. I like lambic. Of course I do. If you need to get rid of a bottle of Nath or whatever I am your guy.

To sum up all this, I like beer. Good beer. Not too sour. Never Irish red ale. Please.

Thanks.

Electros likes this.