Cantillon-Craft Beer King

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by rwinzing, Oct 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rwinzing

rwinzing Initiate (0) Jun 8, 2010 New Jersey

Just got an email from them they just got Grand Cru and 100% Lambic in stock. There is a one bottle of each limit. Ordered mine! Love they deliver to NJ.

2. thebigredone

thebigredone Pooh-Bah (1,592) Dec 19, 2011 Wisconsin
    Pooh-Bah Trader

Hell, at those prices you might as well just order from Etre.

3. TommyLiam

TommyLiam Initiate (0) Jun 10, 2013 Arizona

...aaaaaaaaand, out of stock.

alucard6679 and ufmj like this.
  4. kdb150

kdb150 Initiate (0) Mar 8, 2012 Pennsylvania

Wow. Both Belgium in a Box and Etre Gourmet are cheaper by the bottle for Cantillon, INCLUDING shipping costs, than that site is at just the list price. And you can pretty much get all of the Classic Gueuze you could ever want.

5. grilledsquid

grilledsquid Initiate (0) Jul 10, 2009 California
    Trader

There's no end to these shady shops. Exorbitant prices are just the tip of the iceberg. Sad thing is, they can get away with it because there's always dudes who don't give a fuck and give them their money anyway.

Geuzedad likes this.
  6. Augustiner719

Augustiner719 Initiate (0) Dec 11, 2008 Massachusetts

to be honest, if you actually try their more available, lower end beers, its not worth the exorbitant amount of money for such a beer. Their higher end series its good, but i really have a hard time paying for their kriek and geuze when just a month ago it was 4 bucks a bottle when I was in Europe. There is plenty of good beer out here, no need to go nuts over this stuff. srs

BigJim5021 and Cubatobaco like this.
  7. gcamparone

gcamparone Pooh-Bah (2,057) Dec 6, 2011 Rhode Island
    Pooh-Bah Trader

Not anymore

8. Orca

Orca Grand Pooh-Bah (4,441) Sep 18, 2010 Washington
    Pooh-Bah Society

When will people finally understand that the #1 creator of shelf turds is high prices?

9. barfdiggs

barfdiggs Initiate (0) Mar 22, 2011 California
    Deactivated

That and hoppy beers stored at room temp.

JackHorzempa likes this.
  10. cavedave

cavedave Grand Pooh-Bah (4,145) Mar 12, 2009 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Wow, please list the ones you are referring to in your post, as I have yet to try them. Sure am looking for these cheaper and better than Cantillon beers though, can't afford to buy the real thing since my lay off.

11. grilledsquid

grilledsquid Initiate (0) Jul 10, 2009 California
    Trader

What do you mean by it takes a lot to get the beer in? Does the guy in purchasing have to let the sales rep at the distribution company get a piece of his little sister? It's beer, not stocks.

12. rc51sport

rc51sport Initiate (0) Feb 25, 2013 North Carolina

That's Canadian dollars right? Gotta say you're lucky. I couldn't buy a stick of gum with 30$ Canadian here... :stuck_out_tongue:

13. Danny1217

Danny1217 Initiate (0) Jul 15, 2011 Florida

It doesn't really make that much sense to get too excited over classic gueuze when I can go get some Tilquin that sits on shelves for $22. Grand Cru is also a very interesting beer to try, but lambic just tastes better with bubbles and I wouldn't go out of my way to try Grand Cru Bruoscella again.

aasher likes this.
  14. Augustiner719

Drie Fontenein for one makes excellent beers, though i dont know their availability here, they were even cheaper than cantillon in europe. As for american sours, i've tried some great russian river stuff that competes (actually i prefer RR sours). There is also stillwater sours that drink really nice

cavedave likes this.
  15. Cenosillicaphobe

Cenosillicaphobe Initiate (0) Jul 24, 2011 Maine

I've got a little Cantillon in the cellar, but I drink the hell out of Allagash Coolship stuff every chance I get. Such great beers.

craft_shannie likes this.
  16. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,772) Sep 14, 2002 Wyoming
    Pooh-Bah Society

Who the F*** would lay off an intelligent person as yourself??

17. Keffa

Keffa Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2009 Ohio

Because everyone can afford to travel to Europe to drink it there for a couple Euros a bottle, amirite?

18. Augustiner719

just saying that paying way to much for it here isnt worth it when there are great options here. My personal reasonings are skewed too because of the price difference between here and Europe.

19. Keffa

Keffa Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2009 Ohio

Okay, what are the great options here that compare to Cantillon?

20. Flibber

Flibber Initiate (0) Jul 27, 2013 England

Boon is good, do you get that in America?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.