Cascade Tangerine Dream

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by mnbearsfan, Aug 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mnbearsfan

mnbearsfan Aspirant (249) Dec 25, 2009 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

This still at Cascade?

2. ramnuts

ramnuts Initiate (0) Feb 16, 2009 Oregon

3. mnbearsfan

mnbearsfan Aspirant (249) Dec 25, 2009 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Lookiing for bottles. Cannot buy those online

Bitterbill likes this.
  4. honkduh

honkduh Aspirant (263) Jun 2, 2011 Oregon
    Beer Trader

Bottle Sales:
    All 750ml cork & caged
    '12 Manhattan NW (4 bottle limit)
    $30
    '12 The Vine
    $20
    '11 Vlad the Imp Aler (4 bottle limit)
    $30
    '12 Blueberry
    $20
    '12 Strawberry (4 bottle limit)
    $20
    '12 Apricot
    $20
    '12 Figaro (4 bottle limit)
    $25
    '12 Kriek
    $20
    '12 Elderberry (4 bottle limit)
    $20
    '11 Tangerine Dream (4 bottle limit)
    $30

Can't make it to the Barrel House or Brewery to get our bottles? Use our
    Online Store!

ramnuts likes this.
  5. ramnuts

ramnuts Initiate (0) Feb 16, 2009 Oregon

Incredible. :wink:

6. crusian

crusian Crusader (743) May 14, 2010 Oregon
    Beer Trader

is it just me or are cascade bottles getting more and more expensive. $30 seems ridiculous. I thought $25 was when they hit that.

zestd likes this.
  7. oregonskibum

oregonskibum Zealot (523) Mar 14, 2009 Oregon

Prices have been too high for a while now. Its why there are still bottles available from releases early in the year. What I don't understand is why they put 4-bottle limits on a beer that's been available at the barrel room for 4 or 5 months. What purpose does a limit serve when the beer isn't selling?

zestd likes this.
  8. John_M

John_M Moderator (5,627) Oct 25, 2003 Oregon
    Beer Trader

Artificial scarcity? That's the only thing I can think of, whenever I stop by and still see bottles of Manhattan available (was orginally told they did not expect this beer to be available for more than a couple months).

I know that the assumption I make when I see a 4 bottle limit is that I need to buy some soon before they run out. Maybe that helps to drive sales?

I do know this... they're pretty serious about the 4 bottle limit. I was picking up a purchase for some friends of mine back East, and the combined order included 5 bottles of Tangerine Dream. The bartender would absolutely not make an exception for me (even though I was buying roughly $500 of beer), even though she readily acknowledged that I could come back later that afternoon, or later that week and just pick up some more then.

Shrug. It is what it is I guess.

9. DimensionX

DimensionX Initiate (0) Oct 1, 2010 Oregon

Bottles are 20-30 each because there are still people that will go in and drop 500$. I'm sure they would rather sell 30$ bottles over 6 months than the same number of 15$ bottles in one day.

RedMedicine and Gobigvt7 like this.
  10. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poo-Bah (5,226) Sep 14, 2002 Wyoming
    Supporter Beer Trader

I did but from an online store.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.