Casey Brewing and Blending

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by bcoyle, Oct 8, 2014.

1. bcoyle

bcoyle Initiate (187) Sep 9, 2011 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Just wanted to put a PSA out for all of you Casey fans. Cooper Wine and Spirits in Gleenwood Springs has bottles of Casey B&B Fruit Stand Release and B3 still available for sale at the store. I am seeing a ton of ISO for this and can pull some loons, hommage, bruery (BT, BW, etc).

Prost!

williamjbauer likes this.
  2. purplewindex

purplewindex Initiate (160) Feb 9, 2014 Colorado
    Beer Trader

3. bcoyle

Beer Trader

Want me to delete :slight_smile:

4. ASak10

ASak10 Initiate (0) Jan 2, 2014 Colorado

If only I had 6 hours to make the round trip.

5. bcoyle

Beer Trader

If I only had 64 hours to make a 4,300 mile trip :/ (assume driving) ....wish I had a private jet....

Prospero and ASak10 like this.
  6. McNazz

McNazz Devotee (430) Feb 19, 2013 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Flights from DIA to Aspen are available for the low, low price of $1167. Only a 45 min flight too. You'll need a limo ride to Glenwood though.

Come on whale hunting high rollers, make it rain!

#6 McNazz, Oct 8, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
    SFACRKnight and budsandsuds8 like this.
  7. ASak10

ASak10 Initiate (0) Jan 2, 2014 Colorado

BRB, raiding my kids college accounts.

8. Prospero

Prospero Savant (944) Jul 27, 2010 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Is that an offer? :grinning:

I calculated $42 in gas alone... I'll pass. I'm cheap.

9. profbobo

profbobo Initiate (0) Apr 24, 2008 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Any idea how much they have? Might make the trip if they have a good amount this weekend.

10. bcoyle

Beer Trader

Not sure on quantity but I know they still had the two peaches, cherry, plum, and Batch 3 left this morning.

11. DenverBeerDrinker

DenverBeerDrinker Aspirant (258) Apr 5, 2012 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Casey just posted another store (Four Dogs fine wine and Spirits) up there also got some. Its in Basalt. Said last store for the month

12. spodavck1

spodavck1 Initiate (0) Jun 22, 2010 Colorado
    Beer Trader

4 Dogs got all 5 variants but only one case of some, will be interesting to see how long they last. Had one of the plums tonight at a locals beer tasting.. must.. resist.. urge.. to.. hoard...

If you guys front me all of the $$ I'll just buy everything and drive over to Denver for a weekend of wild beering where we tape a 750 of Casey to each limb and end up passed out in a walmart parking lot.

13. coreymcafee

coreymcafee Initiate (125) May 30, 2006 Colorado
    Beer Trader

This could be something I'm interested in...

14. poonamibaxter

poonamibaxter Aspirant (260) Jun 26, 2007 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Replace walmart parking lot with my back porch and i will have paypal standing by

15. DenverBeerDrinker

DenverBeerDrinker Aspirant (258) Apr 5, 2012 Colorado
    Beer Trader

I'm in. No problem with Walmart or @poonamibaxter porch

Prospero likes this.
  16. pmoney

pmoney Crusader (709) Apr 15, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

IN

17. purplewindex

purplewindex Initiate (160) Feb 9, 2014 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Well I guess so much for the idea of going this weekend for a Glenwood day trip.

DenverBeerDrinker likes this.
  18. southdenverhoo

southdenverhoo Disciple (340) Aug 13, 2004 Colorado

I could tell from that first "Shhh!" that plans were being blown up....

McNazz and purplewindex like this.
  19. McNazz

Beer Trader

The plans for a weekend drive to Glenwood may be history... but I'd definitely be IN for this mega Casey tasting.

#Edward-Casey-Hands

20. themill

themill Initiate (0) Feb 7, 2012 Colorado

I half-drunken-GABF-fueled-beer-hunter-mode-impulse-bought a Blend 2 Saison last week from Small Batch. I then tasted it at WTF and am pretty set. I should part ways with this bottle from some sucker...

21. buttesnake

buttesnake Initiate (79) Sep 25, 2013 Colorado
    Beer Trader

If a Casey tasting is actually organized, I'd be very interested. I can bring beer, lots of it. I had the opportunity to try Sweet Cherry and Sour Cherry at Zwanze, and I was very impressed.

22. boutwell

boutwell Aspirant (282) Dec 27, 2013 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Did anyone call to see if they had a limit? Would suck to drive up there for 5 bottles. I'm tapped out from the last 3 releases and will sit it out until December.

budsandsuds8 likes this.
  23. Dan_Inreallife

Dan_Inreallife Zealot (533) Jan 22, 2012 Colorado
    Beer Trader

*Tapped out from the past month of ridiculousness. December will be my next release attendance as well though (at Casey that is). I'll have to bring some Sahalie for you to try after trying your Arthur last time.

24. spodavck1

Beer Trader

Word is 4 Dogs is already out of the cherry & blackberry for you weekend shoppers. Both plums and the peach still available, but so much for our planned beer orgy.

25. McNazz

Beer Trader

Figures. The slow but steep hype building around Casey is really astounding and exciting. Most of us missed out this time around but the reality is that the future is blindingly bright for Troy and this is just the beginning. And we haven't even gotten to his sours yet!

Oh right, that's coming in a few months...

/PrearchyRantOver

26. bcoyle

Beer Trader

Last beer that wowed me was HF Edward. That was three years ago. I haven't been wowed since. My first sip of B1 and B2 blew me away. Even more than HF. I cannot wait to get more.

TDavEdMac likes this.
  27. boutwell

Beer Trader

Mmmm. Colorambic....

pmoney and bikesnbeerFtc like this.
  28. bcoyle

Beer Trader

I need assistance from someone located near Glenwood Springs CO. Yes it involves Casey. Please message me for details if you are near Glenwood Springs. Cheers.

29. skybluesky

skybluesky Initiate (0) Nov 22, 2013 South Dakota

Will be in Glenwwod Springs this weekend (October 25th). Making the trek from S. Dakota. Is there Casey still available anywhere in Glenwood? Bummer the tap room won't be open...but would love to get my hands on a bottle or two. Thanks in advance.

30. profbobo

profbobo Initiate (0) Apr 24, 2008 Colorado
    Beer Trader

They posted about some bottle shops nearby that had some, but that was last week. Not sure if the stuff is still around?

31. boutwell

Beer Trader

He's releasing new batches of the Fruit Stand beers (just not all at once again) over the next few months, so there will be more Plum, Cherry and Blackberry coming before the year is out.

budsandsuds8 likes this.
  32. spodavck1

Beer Trader

I would guess you could find some Saison around at the two stores he listed but doubt any Fruit Stands. Can't hurt to call ahead. Good luck!

33. Prospero

Prospero Savant (944) Jul 27, 2010 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Every time I see this thread title all I think is "Casey Bed & Breakfast"

34. boutwell

Beer Trader

That's because you need to stay at one Friday night to have a chance at his bottles.

bcoyle, themill, TDavEdMac and 6 others like this.
  35. bcoyle

Beer Trader

A brewery bed and breakfast!!! Now that is a phenomenal idea!

Trythevealchild likes this.
  36. Dan_Inreallife

Dan_Inreallife Zealot (533) Jan 22, 2012 Colorado
    Beer Trader

[​IMG]

37. Steve_0

Steve_0 Aspirant (239) Mar 14, 2012 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Want to lock down two bottles of Batch 4 of Casey's Saison to keep the vert alive, but dont want to spend the dough as I have too much beer. If anyone wants to buy a couple and set up a trade with me for Avery barrel stuff, Crooked Stave reserve, or others let me know. Would do something like 3-4 reserve beers for the two, depending on which ones. Have plenty of other stuff, as well.

38. Steve_0

Steve_0 Aspirant (239) Mar 14, 2012 Colorado
    Beer Trader

All taken care of. Thanks again for all the generosity. Cheers!

39. ssteigerwald

ssteigerwald Aspirant (252) Mar 4, 2010 Colorado
    Beer Trader

If any of you that received an invitation for Casey is on the fence about joining, I'd love to split a membership. No invitation for me.

40. beatenbyjacks

beatenbyjacks Zealot (503) Apr 17, 2011 Colorado
    Beer Trader

they were by invitation only?!? :slight_frown:

• About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.