CCB Alabama only release

Discussion in 'South' started by goldenpeanut, Oct 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goldenpeanut

goldenpeanut Initiate (0) Apr 11, 2006 Alabama

Wayne Wambles, head brewer at CCB, is from the "Wiregrass" part of lower Alabama. Last month he collaborated with Folklore Brewery & Meadery(Dothan) and the MOOLA Brewclub and brewed a beer to commemorate the legalization of homebrewing in Alabama. This beer also celebrates the friendships that were formed 15+ years ago due to beer and enjoying our craft under the radar. The beer is called "Wiregrass Post-Prohibition Ale" and will be released late next week in cans and draft in Huntsville,Tuscaloosa,Birmingham,Mobile and Dothan. The 4 of us are doing a 3 city release and we invite everyone to "meet the brewers" and enjoy this celebratory beer. Here is the schedule:

Thursday October 24th
    Birmingham
    Hop City 5-7pm
    J. Clyde 7-9pm

Friday Oct. 25th
    Mobile
    Alchemy Tavern
    7-9pm

Saturday Oct. 26th
    Dothan
    Oak & Olive
    7-9pm

This is a one time release and will only be found in Alabama and the tasting room in Tampa. Hope to see everyone there!
    Cheers,
    Sharon

2. Dracarys

Dracarys Initiate (0) May 28, 2013 Alabama

Supposed to be in some stores today. According to this article Jai Alai is coming back as well.

3. wyatt

wyatt Aspirant (261) Nov 18, 2009 Louisiana
    Beer Trader

Come to Louisiana. You know you want to CCB.

4. mrw1zard

mrw1zard Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2013 Alabama
    Beer Trader

Can't wait. Will be at Hop City tonight! Thanks!

5. Dracarys

Dracarys Initiate (0) May 28, 2013 Alabama

Couldn't edit this. Both are currently in Huntsville/Madison.

6. slatetupelo

slatetupelo Initiate (0) Jun 23, 2007 Mississippi

Should be in the Homewood and River Run Piggly Wiggly.

7. immobileman

immobileman Initiate (199) Nov 26, 2008 Alabama

I'm getting my taste tomorrow. My local store emailed me about it, the brewers will be there for a Q & A. Pretty cool of the guys.

TonyJ815 likes this.
  8. TonyJ815

TonyJ815 Disciple (393) Apr 3, 2013 Florida
    Beer Trader

You know where to score this in Mobile? I'm in Pensacola and would totally shoot on over to pick up a case or so...

9. immobileman

Cottage Hill Package. Intersects with Hillcrest. Met the guys and gal last nite. They were very nice and the beer was terrific. Nice, very unique bitter taste from New Zealand hops I was told. Nonetheless I am please and the CCB brewmaster said they would put this into their mix. He is currently working on getting more production space going to better serve the growing desire for their beers.

TonyJ815 likes this.
  10. immobileman

Jai Alai was available last nite at Cottage Hill Package.

11. immobileman

Talking with Wayne last nite, he said he wanted the Prohibition Ale to be very hoppy, which it was and be a social beer too. If you go out with your bud lite buddy's it's hard to keep up, so this beer is a great way to drink good beer without walking sideways too soon. Again I was thoroughly impressed with this beer. Those hops are very unique. The fruitiness was not very piney but more grapefruit. Again, again, this is great beer. keep it up CCB!

TonyJ815 likes this.
  12. TonyJ815

Beer Trader

Any idea when the package store will be getting the cans?

13. immobileman

That's what they were selling. Both Jai Alai and Prohibition were in cans.

14. TonyJ815

Beer Trader

Good deal. Yeah I haven't seen Jai in bottles in forever now. I might just have to trip it over to Mobile to scoop up some Prohibition, doubt P'cola will be seeing that anytime soon.

15. RblWthACoz

RblWthACoz Initiate (0) Aug 19, 2006 Pennsylvania

I wonder if it will still be around Mobile next Sunday. I'll be in town. Anyone have any idea?

16. immobileman

It didn't look like too much was on the shelf and I believe the lady with Wiregrass said maybe 3 batches were made. I'm not sure the quantity in a batch?

17. goldenpeanut

goldenpeanut Initiate (0) Apr 11, 2006 Alabama

Thanks guys for all the kind words about the event and the beer. We all enjoyed meeting and talking with people about the collaboration. We just got back to Dothan this afternoon and are headed to the last release tonight. It will not get to Pensacola....AL release only. We brewed 30 barrels which is about 930 gallons that were distributed on draft and cans in Huntsville, B'ham, Tuscaloosa, Mobile and Dothan. We too love the beer and we are trying to get CCB to brew it as a once a year release....I will keep everyone posted.

Cheers,
    Sharon

18. TrappistJohnMD

TrappistJohnMD Initiate (0) Nov 24, 2011 Mississippi

I stopped in HopCity today on my way through B-ham and it was long gone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • Subscribe to BeerAdvocate Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.

Subscribe