Cellar Pictures Vol 1

Discussion in 'Cellaring / Aging Beer' started by Jparkanzky, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shmeal

Shmeal Devotee (409) Nov 9, 2009 Oregon
    Beer Trader

Cable Car...

2. nawset

nawset Initiate (148) Mar 19, 2011 New Hampshire

I have the same setup but also use a little dehumifier inside each of my freezers just to keep the humidity under control. Even with that, my Parabola boxes are a little soft.

MisterKilderkin likes this.
  3. Shmeal

Shmeal Devotee (409) Nov 9, 2009 Oregon
    Beer Trader

Herp derp derp. I didn't know Lost Abbey had other beers with blue labels. My bad.

4. MisterKilderkin

MisterKilderkin Initiate (0) Aug 24, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

Thanks, I just organized my FW boxes and they felt normal. It can get pretty humid here so I should probably err on the side of caution and take some preventative measures.

5. billverstein

billverstein Initiate (162) Dec 31, 2011 Ontario (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Been collecting for a while now but finally got my cellar set up!
    I used a Frigidaire Frostfree Upright Freezer with the Johnston controls unit highly recommended on this forum.

[​IMG]

I have it packed in there 4 rows deep so if anyone's curious as to what's back there here's a list

JonnyBeers and Rollzroyce21 like this.
  6. psykosis

psykosis Aspirant (268) May 21, 2009 Indiana
    Beer Trader

moved everything into a fridge that is being unused. It's kind of a mess, but I know what I have in there and where it's at. Pretty much everything on top is a solo, with bottles on the bottom being multiples.

[​IMG]

hopswap1 likes this.
  7. hopswap1

hopswap1 Disciple (365) Apr 27, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Nice! Similar here, got a new fridge and put the old ugly one in the garage. Now I need a temp controller and a bunch of beer/brewery stickers to make it not as ugly.

[​IMG]

MisterKilderkin likes this.
  8. MoistPope

MoistPope Initiate (0) Jan 10, 2013 California

Dude, I hope those restraining bars don't give out.

MisterKilderkin and AdamP like this.
  9. MisterKilderkin

MisterKilderkin Initiate (0) Aug 24, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

Those are in real good. my other freezer needed reinforcement.

10. SpdKilz

SpdKilz Meyvn (1,451) Jan 8, 2009 Illinois
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Alpar likes this.
  11. raverjames

raverjames Initiate (0) Dec 11, 2003 Virginia
    Beer Trader

[​IMG]

A couple years ago, I was probably up to 600-700 bottles. Then, I moved back to SC. I have been trying to drink down the cellar, and get to a more manageable size. Now, I am going for quality over quantity. I only age really great beers or stuff I know will hold up.

12. chuckv

chuckv Disciple (370) Apr 19, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Subscriber Beer Trader

[​IMG]

I took everyones advice and bought real shelving instead of the old bookcase. I know it isn't much but you have to start somewhere!!

13. JrGtr

JrGtr Disciple (397) Apr 13, 2006 Massachusetts

Now you have room for way more beer!!! Time for a shopping trip!

14. UCLABrewN84

UCLABrewN84 Poo-Bah (12,188) Mar 18, 2010 California

Or an acid trip based on that wallpaper.

waston and JrGtr like this.
  15. maDUECEgunner

maDUECEgunner Initiate (0) May 23, 2013 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Where do you live and when are you not home?? I have some raiding to do of those Cable Cars... Just kidding, I swear.
    My 2012 bottle of CvT was flat as well when I opened it last week:/

16. swoopdog

swoopdog Initiate (88) Apr 4, 2012 Arkansas
    Beer Trader

Just starting my own collection so don't laugh. :stuck_out_tongue:

[​IMG]

The middle and bottom are mostly just excess short storage also 750ml bombers are hidden away somewhere else since they wont fit.

Compton25 and bozodogbreath like this.
  17. Buck86

Buck86 Aspirant (233) Aug 8, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

Finally got some shelves because I was tired of digging through boxes with outdated content notes. Also preparing for HS next year. Going to be fun "beer shopping" at my own place any given weekend.

Here we go:
    [​IMG]

Sour Shelf
    [​IMG]

BA shelf 1:
    [​IMG]

BA shelf 2:
    [​IMG]

ChrisMyhre, Highgrade, lymph and 2 others like this.
  18. SpdKilz

Subscriber Beer Trader

Do you by chance live in Calabasas?

19. imyourhero21

imyourhero21 Devotee (490) Oct 9, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

Nope im in San Diego. Calabasas wouldnt be to bad though haha

20. SpdKilz

Subscriber Beer Trader

Ahh, I lived in Calabasas and I swear we had the exact same cabinets, and that was where I started my beer cellar years ago :slight_smile:

21. swetsastonic

swetsastonic Initiate (194) Mar 22, 2012 New Jersey

[​IMG]

...not the most organized setup, but it'll do.

Tidesox28 likes this.
  22. CyberMonk

CyberMonk Initiate (62) May 18, 2010 California
    Beer Trader

Rebuilt the cellar today, as the old bookshelf one was looking dangerously saggy under the weight of all the booze. Obviously need more beer to fill the new empty shelf!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Poorpatz and BalancingBrooms like this.
  23. CyberMonk

Beer Trader

Added wire lining each of the shelves today, too--I live in the Bay Area, so it helps my piece of mind to have that extra bit of protection in case an earthquake decides to shake the beer about.

BigBadBeerSnob likes this.
  24. CyberMonk

Beer Trader

*to each, *peace of mind.. gogo typos!

25. CyberMonk

Beer Trader

One more update: added some netting, secured with zip ties, to the top three levels to prevent any bottles from rolling off (after first toppling to their sides) in a sustained quake. Probably overkill, but if ever I lose any beers to an earthquake, I'll be one sad panda, whereas I'll feel happy if I don't lose any in whatever quakes some next :slight_smile:

[​IMG]

Also managed to grab some extra Founder Breakfast Stout in Austin this weekend (which we never see here in the Bay Area); huzzah!

Here's what's in there: http://www.beercellar.me/cellar/josh

26. swinyeju

swinyeju Initiate (0) Aug 5, 2011 New Hampshire
    Beer Trader

My life is clearly not as fulfilled as a lot of you. some nice collections...some day

I_Like_Beer likes this.
  27. Kump

Kump Initiate (193) May 23, 2013 British Columbia (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Just started cellaring in Februrary…

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

28. FightOnRaul

FightOnRaul Initiate (0) Apr 3, 2013 California

definitely new to the cellaring scene, started my cellar (read: closet) in September :slight_smile:

[​IMG]

nihiloexnihil likes this.
  29. 77black_ships

77black_ships Devotee (440) Dec 4, 2012 Belgium

Just went through this whole tread & I must say, all of this stuff looked incredible you guys are doing lovely stuff.

Makes me ashamed with my beer cellar being a kitchen cabinet with 10 beers for aging & 10 beers for ticking.

kristougher likes this.
  30. Siggy125

Siggy125 Devotee (453) Nov 10, 2006 California
    Beer Trader

Don't be ashamed. We all started somewhere. I went from a couple of shelves in the garage fridge to a bedroom closet with a fan to what I have today. I'm already considering improvements. Stop the madness she says

forrestbetts likes this.
  31. 77black_ships

77black_ships Devotee (440) Dec 4, 2012 Belgium

Yeah, might change houses soon. Living in Belgium, I can pick up most lambic’s reasonably, that is the stuff I should be aging mostly. Cantillon geuze is 5€ per 75 & ages incredibly, should pickup some. Probably should keep away from having too much as some guys with celllars say :slight_smile:

Siggy125 likes this.
  32. Gueuze_Goon

Gueuze_Goon Initiate (0) Sep 4, 2013 Colorado

Pretty embarrassing and unorganized, but it's my humble closet. Some goodies tucked away in there you cannot see. Seven full cases to the right as well you can somewhat see (the stave boxes/BFM). Not all to be aged, many just waiting to be drank.

Lucky at least to have a second closet in my apartment in a room with it's own thermostat unit.

[​IMG]

Pinche_Oso likes this.
  33. 4kbrianb

4kbrianb Initiate (0) Jan 2, 2013 California

Can just say, this is hands down one of my top 3 favorite threads on this entire site. I always look with a slight hint of jealousy, but love every second of it. My "cellar" went from 40-50 bottles, to roughly 20 bottles currently... and you guys always give me that feeling that I need to go buy more bottles! Thank you, but don't tell my wife haha

34. thedarkestlord

thedarkestlord Initiate (0) Jan 13, 2013 Illinois

[​IMG]

My beer in my new-ish cellar.

35. MrShake

MrShake Initiate (0) Nov 7, 2013 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Just getting SERIOUS, though I've been collecting about a year

[​IMG] [​IMG]

BalancingBrooms and Rollzroyce21 like this.
  36. Tidesox28

Tidesox28 Disciple (344) Apr 21, 2013 Maine
    Beer Trader

[​IMG]

Which one is these is not like the other? For my brother.

BalancingBrooms likes this.
  37. Ekoostik

Ekoostik Initiate (0) Jan 29, 2010 Ohio

We cant see by the picture but dont forget to anchor your whole rack to the wall!! If the rack tips ....

CyberMonk likes this.
  38. raczkowski

raczkowski Disciple (324) May 16, 2011 Florida
    Beer Trader

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this is my two fridges..the taller more slender one is my cellar temp cellar i keep at 60 degrees...the other one has ipas and growlers that i want to keep as cold as possible. yesterday i did inventory of my beer that i can put in my cellarable cooler on cellarhq and it said 245 bottles but i probably am forgetting 10-15...

i am goign to start to dwindle my cellar down and save up some money. i have been on a huge heater of beer buying the past 2 months. the only beer i am going to try and get from now until the first of the year is goign to be BCBS and coffee and its variants so maybe i'll hve 275 total by end of year. then its time to drink some of these bad boys!

Pinche_Oso likes this.
  39. CyberMonk

Beer Trader

Thanks for the thought :wink: I've got three anchors to the wall in there across the top, so all should be safe.

40. chrunck

chrunck Initiate (147) Jun 12, 2013 Florida

Old pic of my cellar cabinet, but it's with a real camera so quality is decent.

[​IMG]

Here's a more recent pic, but it's from a cellphone so not that great.

[​IMG]

zookerman182 and bozodogbreath like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.