Cellarable/Awesome beers in NY

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by shook81, Aug 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shook81

shook81 Initiate (77) Feb 25, 2014 Oregon

My friend is traveling back east to NY to take care of her sick mother, and offer to bring back some beer. I was curious what would be some good beers someone from the west coast should pick up from NY? Any good bottle shops she should look into? She'll be in Westchester County...

Any help you guys can provide will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

-Matt

2. mikeburd1128

mikeburd1128 Zealot (542) Oct 28, 2011 New Jersey

3. KornWallace

KornWallace Zealot (507) Dec 1, 2011 New York
    Trader

In terms of bottle shops I suggest she stop off at almost any of the DeCicco Supermarkets they are spread out in Westchester and each has a great selection of beer (unless it's the DeCicco's Scarsdale). If she knows knows about beer I would highly recommend Half Time in Mamaroneck. It claims to be the largest beer store in the US and it really is massive.
    The issue with that though is the sheer number of of beers they carry can be daunting to someone who knows little to nothing about beer.
    For cellerable bottled beers from the brewery(if it has to be Westchester) I'd probably recommend Captain Lawrence in Elmsford. They have a nice bottle selection at their brewery that you often can't find elsewhere.

shook81 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.