Central State Brewing Releases

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by DrippingI, Jan 24, 2017.

1. TigerDriver91

TigerDriver91 Initiate (188) Jan 17, 2017 Illinois

Awesome thanks for the recommendations!

DrippingI and THANAT0PSIS like this.
  2. DrippingI

DrippingI Aspirant (232) Apr 12, 2012 Indiana
    Beer Trader

All the white label IPAs (Oatsplosion, Too Shallow For Commerce, etc) are used with their house yeast (Brett) and all their black label IPAs (Who Dis?, New Money, Sports Television, etc.) are used with their 'clean' yeast (non-Brett). Also, if you like Oatsplosion, be on the lookout for some single-hop variants coming out soon. :wink:

If you see it, pick up 8 Hour Commute too. It's their Farmhouse with boysenberries in collaboration with Penrose and it's quite tasty.

3. THANAT0PSIS

THANAT0PSIS Crusader (756) Aug 3, 2010 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

Thanks for the info! That is really helpful, actually, since I can now tell at a glance. Creatively done.

DrippingI likes this.
  4. DrippingI

Beer Trader

Thursday, May 17th at 2pm @ The Koelschip

Haizon (collab. w/ Transient) - Farmhouse Ale dry-hopped with Citra & Loral cryo hops

L'apiculteur (collab. w/ New Day) - Farmhouse Ale with New Day honey, black limes, and elderflower

[​IMG]

barowe likes this.
  5. weirdbeer

weirdbeer Initiate (143) Dec 9, 2007 Indiana

Did you end up trying this? Can not recall if black label is Brett or clean.

6. drac86

drac86 Initiate (171) Jan 28, 2014 Indiana
    Beer Trader

Black label releases use the clean yeast.

beardown2489 and DrippingI like this.
  7. DrippingI

Beer Trader

Black label=clean

IMO, it's probably the best of the black label series so far.

8. weirdbeer

weirdbeer Initiate (143) Dec 9, 2007 Indiana

Then it's a 2 for 1 special, as I will be hitting the Koelschip on Thursday afternoon for this and the new releases.

DrippingI likes this.
  9. ypsifly

ypsifly Meyvn (1,031) Sep 22, 2004 Michigan

Distro hitting MI this week. M4 CIC has the rights.

DrippingI likes this.
  10. DrippingI

Beer Trader

Anyone else go to the Koelschip today and try either of the new beers?

#50 DrippingI, May 18, 2018
    Last edited: May 18, 2018
  11. darktronica

darktronica Meyvn (1,376) Aug 29, 2014 Indiana
    Beer Trader

I'm not in Indy, but my local shop got in the Fall Kriek today. Excited to try that one this weekend.

You mentioned single-hop variants of Oatsplosion earlier; do you know when those are likely to show up and whether they'll see distribution?

DrippingI likes this.
  12. DrippingI

Beer Trader

How'd you like the Fall Kriek?

The single-hop variants of Oatsplosion should be coming out within a month or so. Although, Mosaic Oatsplosion was just canned yesterday. So, that one will likely be released within a week or two.

13. DrippingI

Beer Trader

Monday, May 28th at 12pm @ The Koelschip

Unigov - IPA (w/ house yeast)

Please welcome back one of our original farmhouse IPAs, Unigov - now reformulated to be a Zero IBU IPA. We used massive whirlpool hop additions to create an entirely new flavor profile, bursting with simcoe, sorachi ace, citra, and amarillo hop aromas with just a touch of bitterness. $15/4-pack

Bashi - Farmhouse Barleywine

We are also releasing the next bottle in our CSB R&D series: Bashi. This farmhouse barleywine style ale was brewed with all Indiana grown barley, with a touch of malted oats. Boiled for 3 hours, this beer is a bold tasting experience of dark stone fruit, caramelized sugars, raisin and spice. This beer is fermented with our house yeast so it still finishes dry yet full bodied. $12/500 ml bottle

[​IMG]

14. DrippingI

Beer Trader

Guess I need to re-upload the image.

[​IMG]

15. DrippingI

Beer Trader

Friday, June 1st at 12pm @ The Koelschip

Worst Millennial Ever - Double Dry-hopped IPA

Ugh. He's the worst. But this beer isn't. Dedicated to our fearless young brewer and cellarman Sam, Worst Millennial Ever is the next beer in our Black Label IPA series. This NEIPA is loaded with Citra and Gr√ľngeist hops in the kettle and first dry hop before being finished with a second dry hop of sticky icky Simcoe Cryo. Pairs well with crippling educational debt, avocado toast and brunch dates.

[​IMG]

16. TargaFlorio

TargaFlorio Defender (641) Jul 3, 2012 Indiana

A little off-topic for Central State releases, but something in an Instagram post from The Koelschip caught my eye. Their board says a 12 oz pour of Firestone Walker Pivo Pils costs $8!! I love Pivo and I've had a bunch of it since FW arrived in Indiana, but $8??? Doesn't a sixer run $10-11?

Am I missing something?

[​IMG]

17. THANAT0PSIS

THANAT0PSIS Crusader (756) Aug 3, 2010 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

Terrible price obviously, but it's probably to encourage you to drink their own beers.

That doesn't explain why Birthday Bomb is $8 for only two ounces less, though, considering it costs exponentially more per ounce on the shelf.

Beer_Economicus and TargaFlorio like this.
  18. PEDXING

PEDXING Initiate (169) Sep 22, 2013 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

The Koelschip had 2017 Cantillon Classic Gueuze in the fridge yesterday afternoon--$20 per bottle, and for on site consumption only. That was a pleasant surprise!

DrippingI and mayorQuimby like this.
  19. DrippingI

Beer Trader

There might've been a mix up with whoever wrote that as this is what it says on The Koelschip's website.

[​IMG]

Beer_Economicus and THANAT0PSIS like this.
  20. DrippingI

Beer Trader

Confirmed it with the people at Koelschip. It is $6/16oz. Still not sure why it said the $8 price up above, though.

21. TargaFlorio

TargaFlorio Defender (641) Jul 3, 2012 Indiana

Thanks, that price sounds more like it. Definitely weird though, think I remember someone posting about discrepancies in their pricing before also. Like one week all their regular house beers jumped up to $8 for a few days.

22. DrippingI

Beer Trader

Dropped the ball on the lastest round of releases...

Raditude - Funky Witbier w/ oranges

We let this beer slowly ferment for several months with our CSB house cultures for a wonderful yeasty funk balanced out with refreshing citrus.

[​IMG]

Citra Oatsplosion - Oat IPA dry-hopped w/ Citra hops
    Mosaic Oatsplosion - Oat IPA dry-hopped w/ Mosaic hops

We have two variants on our oat IPA, Oatsplosion: Citra Dry Hopped Oatsplosion and Mosaic Dry Hopped Oatsplosion. Each variant uses the same base recipe, with an absurd amount of oats... but we wanted to highlight individually the two star hops of this beer on their own. Be sure to check out both!

[​IMG]

PEDXING likes this.