Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Central Waters 15th Anniversary Party

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by Tnudish, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buzze40

Just make sure you sleep the night before this time!

2. jegross2

Beer Trader

FYI, it's 1414 aged 26 mo

3. buzze40

Holiday and La Quinta both ~$80 a night. Difference I saw was w la quinta you could cancel your reservation where you couldnt with holiday inn.

4. Theeabyss

Im just gonna take a 2.5 day nap while waiting for you fuckers to line up behind me.

Buzze40 bring my present. Ill bring cash!

5. misterid

where'd you hear this?

6. jegross2

Beer Trader

From CW.

7. Mjmoser

Any word on cost and limit?

8. jegross2

Beer Trader

9. Mjmoser

10. Mjmoser

11. biglobo8971

Beer Trader

I look forward to meeting some new BA's and flipping off most of the one's I have already met. Time to recycle my drinking friends (except you Jawzman, your my ride)

sliverX likes this.
  12. jegross2

Beer Trader

+1

Next time, just send me a message with the quetion ;)

Mjmoser likes this.
  13. Lansman

Beer Trader

I understand that I could call the brewery directly to ask, but I feel like they must be getting a ton of inquiries about this party and I'm sure that can get quite annoying, very quickly.

As a result, I'm turning to the community for a quick question - I see they are releasing PM at the party, any chance their BBBW will be released as well? For some reason I always thought it was a January release?

14. cduboriginal

Sorry it has taken me so long to hop on here everyone - the year end has been incredible around here and the plate has been uncomfortably full. Anyways, I am going to start watching this thread and updating it as need be - as well as Facebook for questions / answers. I do not have the time to follow all of the beer sites that are out there, so those of you on other sites that could help update - that would be awesome (RB, etc).

First off, most of you know the drill, but we know this year will be bigger than any other, so we expect respect from anyone in attendance. We throw ourselves on the line here, open up our entire brewery, throw a ton of beer into the equation, and hope that our brewery doesn't come out trashed Sunday morning. The same room / private bathroom will be available for this group again this year, the problem is, this is now our lab. While we will remove most equipment for the day, but there will be desks and computers in that room. My thoughts are, we will give you this room for coat, cooler/beer storage, and bathroom use. We will set up one table in that room, but we all know everyone in attendance will not be able to fit this year. Please, please, respect the use of this private area. We will set up some tables for use adjacent to the lab in the packaging hall for BA use and beer sharing.

***BEER TO SHARE IS REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE HERE***

This isn't just for you guys, this is for you, Anello, me, and my staff to come back, try some new stuff, share some new stuff, and for us all to get to know eachother a little bit better. This is a great opportunity for you to check out our brewery, meet the people, and try some great beers.

***Fifteen***
    The official announcement - it is just Fourteen.fourteen. Okay, maybe not just. We left it in the barrel for another year. Same beer - same batch - same barrels - but a 26 month residence in the barrel. Believe me (and I rarely toot my own horn), it is incredible. Granted, opinions are like %@$holes, so I am sure someone will disagree! Doors open at 3pm - we have not decided on limits yet, and may not until 3pm that day, but we want to make sure everyone can get some. Cost will be $15 / 22oz bottle this year.

***Shuttles***
    Same story as last year - the free shuttles start at 2:30 - pickups are Holiday Inn and Convention Center, La Quinta, and Guu's on Main (downtown Stevens Point - food specials and rare CW tappings all day long). We will have three shuttles running this year instead of two - and they will be school busses so they can accomodate more people. They will be running non stop loops the entire length of the party - and you will be able to transport purchased beer on them. These are free - you are expected to use them - a free shuttle and $80 hotel room are not only more responsible but way cheaper than a DUI - please, don't be stupid. I don't know of anybody else that does this, so please, take advantage.

***Food***
    There will be food again this year - this is a fundraiser once again for the Jensen Center (our local community center and theater), please plan on supporting them by purchasing a brat or burger. My old business partner will be debuting his food truck as well - he will be making a donation to the Jensen Center as well for food purchased from him.

***Raffle***
    As always, the raffle will be happening with 100% of the proceeds going to the Jensen Center. We will raffling clothing, cases of our barrel aged beer, and of course, bottles of Fifteen - please purchase some raffle tickets to support the cause.

Any other questions let me know - I did create a BA event -sign up for it please so we know you're coming. Looking forward to another great year.

Paul

15. cduboriginal

Yes, this will be the release of Peruvian Morning and BBBW - you can buy it the night of the party or get it at your local store the same weekend.

Bay01 likes this.
  16. yepbye2

Beer Trader

17. incutrav

How will the 1515 work for those that choose to grab that in exchange for the bad Peruvian from last year?

18. Bay01

19. Lansman

Beer Trader

Requiring people to share beer at what is shaping up to already be an awesome event? I think Central Waters just jumped up to the top of my favorite breweries list. Can't wait.

gpawned and pschul4 like this.
  20. misterid

21. misterid

please, please, please, everyone do this

hate to see this turn in to a shitshow as with other release parties. this is the best one going by far. let's all not muck it up.

maximum12 and brian23456 like this.
  22. stayclean

Depending on bottle limits and crowd size, is there any way at all one of you Milwaukee BAs could pick me up a bottle or maybe two (would be willing to throw down some gas money for your trouble..) of 15? Was planning on going to this with a friend, but not only did that ride crap out, but I start school a few days beforehand, so I won't have time to go anyway. :(

1414 aged for 26 months sounds incredible, gah.

23. mykey120

Beer Trader

uh oh with paul verify that 15 is 1414 with an extra year on it this party is going to get rowdy! People already go crazy over getting to try 1414, I expect this party to be quite bigger this year! I still cant wait though, im excited to see the taplist for the day too! Ill prolly try to bring some bottles to share too and meet some of y'all, I dont have much crazy stuff but I just brought back a few ba bombers from aspen brewing the brett barrel saison was quite tasty on tap

24. Mjmoser

That was in my FedEx box that went missing last week :( how were the other Aspen BA brews?

25. brian23456

Yes, +1000000000. We're all lucky no one has botched this party yet, hopefully it can keep going good. The crew down at CW are really great people, nobody needs to mess with their stuff or make a big mess.

I emailed Paul about trading in the infected PM at the party, he said to bring it with. I plan on putting it in a brown paper bag and writing "Infected PM" really really big, so there's no confusion of course.
    I didn't hear anything about getting the 15th Ann. beer for it though, I just assumed I would be getting good PM? At least that sounds fair to me! Either way it doesn't matter, I'll be buying my limit of 15.

26. incutrav

What if you dont have the bottles? Thats whats weird about the recall-what proof do they have that you purchased any? I drank two, chucked the others

27. JohnfromPurdue

Beer Trader

I only got 1 4pack of PM last year so I'm just writing it off. The CW's guys seem cool so I'm not going to bust their balls about it. Plus, their BA stuff is priced so well. If I had bought a case it might be a different story.

"You don't even know what write off means...
    ...But they do and they're the ones writing it off."

28. mykey120

Beer Trader

I had that and the bourbon barrel dbl conundrum on tap at the taphouse and both were excellent. I brought two bottles of each home, but the saison won silver at gabf before they added the brett and aged it in wine barrels. It's nice to see that they're getting into some ba beers and that some cans and bombers hit distro.

29. ImperialSnout

I hope they have 1414 and 15 on tap so we can compare what the additional barrel aging adds compared to regular keg aging. I won't get my hopes up though.

maximum12 likes this.
  30. Tnudish

+1 to that. I appreciate everything the CW does and enjoy how they price everything. I will continue supporting them.

Gonzoillini likes this.
  31. dahorn_spartan

The 15 sounds amazing! I wish I could go, but I have to go out of town for work (means one less Chicago BA that would be invading, at least ;) ). Any Chicago area BAs want to do a huge favor and hook me up with a bottle? Would definitely throw in something extra for time and trouble.

32. cdb636

Any chicago ba willing to exchange my PM? You could take a portion of the exchange as well.

33. ROBSTARR

Beer Trader

Anyone from GR going to this ?

34. ABisonEgo

Anyone that is drivig from or through milwaukee, i have beer and or mobey for gas if you have an extra spot... or two. This would be greatly appreciated!

35. CityofBals

Will be bringing my local shops cases of PM since the distributor won't take them back in a timely manner. I will also be getting faced at this event. Can't wait!

36. brian23456

37. Drucifer

Beer Trader

I believe this is only for the private area (BA area), not for the event as a whole. Regardless, everyone should bring stuff to share at beer events like these.

38. misterid

sorry, i won't beat the dead horse any more this year

39. MarcatGSB

Honestly, at any release I've ever been to that has a bottle share, I might, MIGHT end up drinking a whole 750 ml...People pour like 2 ounces of each sample, it's not like people are in the back crushing PBR. I understand that support the brewery sentiment, and I think we all will.

Drucifer likes this.
  40. Lansman

Beer Trader

To add to this sentiment, for most of us going out of the way to attend this release, I know I'm not alone in planning on buying a case of BBBW and potentially PM in addition (if all goes well) to 1515 as well as getting pours of any variants that they tap throughout the party. All told, if sharing (outside) beer while spending $300-$400 (in addition to buying raffle tickets to support the local community) at the brewery isn't 'supporting the brewery' I'm not sure what else can be done to show my support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe