Central Waters 15th Anniversary Party

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by Tnudish, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mykey120

mykey120 Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2012 Wisconsin

im sure you'll be fine getting there around 3, last year they were selling 1414 pretty much all night and that was with no limits. However, with the success of 1414 I'm sure 15 will probably have a limit. I plan on taking the shuttles so i hope I will be there in time but im not worried about it. I wonder if exodus is going to be sold too...

2. buzze40

buzze40 Initiate (0) Mar 9, 2010 Illinois

Not if you're there! Thats for sure.

kawilliams81 likes this.
  3. BrownAleMale

BrownAleMale Initiate (0) Dec 14, 2011 Wisconsin

Is there some kind of max capacity that one would have to worry about not getting in the building if they werent there early enough?

4. mpwdoyle

mpwdoyle Initiate (0) Apr 29, 2011 Illinois

Last year I arrived at 3 and was in the brewery after a minute or two if waiting. The line inside was show moving at first but then was super quick after 5 pm or so. While there will probably be more people this year, showing up 15-20 minutes would probably suffice I think.

5. simonpeter

simonpeter Initiate (0) Mar 31, 2011 Wisconsin

Anyone coming have a bottle of DFH 120 they would be willing to trade for? I've been dying to try this beer for years.....

6. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2011 Michigan

Is anyone interested in me bring some Short's down with me? There is still some Liberators, Good Humans, Cup O Joe, and the normal Huma, Soft Parade, etc etc. BM, not a problem. Cheers.

7. stayclean

stayclean Initiate (0) Mar 17, 2012 Wisconsin

So, depending on bottle limits, is there anybody in Milwaukee who could pick me up a bottle? School starts tomorrow so I'm not gonna have time to go to this. :slight_frown: Will throw ya some gas money as well for yer troubles..

8. DirtyKurt

DirtyKurt Initiate (0) Jan 12, 2013 Illinois

I was invited by a friend of mine. Hopefully I can gather the required funds. This would be my first real beer event :grinning:

9. xsists

xsists Initiate (0) Dec 31, 2007 Wisconsin

Anyone know how the shuttle works? Does it go on the hour or what? I'm staying at the Holiday Inn and wondering when the shuttle will run.

10. TheStoutHound

TheStoutHound Savant (1,172) Mar 3, 2012 Wisconsin
    Trader

***Shuttles***
    Same story as last year - the free shuttles start at 2:30 - pickups are Holiday Inn and Convention Center, La Quinta, and Guu's on Main (downtown Stevens Point - food specials and rare CW tappings all day long). We will have three shuttles running this year instead of two - and they will be school busses so they can accomodate more people. They will be running non stop loops the entire length of the party - and you will be able to transport purchased beer on them. These are free - you are expected to use them - a free shuttle and $80 hotel room are not only more responsible but way cheaper than a DUI - please, don't be stupid. I don't know of anybody else that does this, so please, take advantage. -Paul

11. jegross2

jegross2 Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2010 Illinois

Anyone wanna do Bully Gulpy mixed with Key Lime Pie and Peaches and Cream shots again?

12. crossovert

crossovert Initiate (0) Mar 29, 2009 Illinois

JEG im bringing LAmbaek wants Dragon fruit, if it is as acetony as the other one you will shit your britches.

jegross2 likes this.
  13. jegross2

Can't wait to taste that wale

CityofBals likes this.
  14. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2011 Michigan

Oof. Can I clean my rims with it after you taste it Jeff?

15. pschul4

pschul4 Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2011 Illinois

Fuck no.

robbiemoy13 likes this.
  16. ImperialSnout

ImperialSnout Initiate (0) Apr 17, 2012 Illinois

I've never participated in a Beer Advocate tasting, is this a good event to start? I hear with the new space limitations on the BA room, it might get very crowded, very quickly.

17. jegross2

You know you enjoyed those Petah

Theeabyss likes this.
  18. pschul4

pschul4 Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2011 Illinois

Little did you know I dumped mine out when you weren't looking :stuck_out_tongue:

Theeabyss and robbiemoy13 like this.
  19. jegross2

Are you coming to the "night before" tasting? Hosting a handful of people in GB. A nice line up is projected

20. jegross2

So thats why you didn't turn blue like everyone else....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.