Central Waters Brewing (2019)

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by scream, Jan 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benish

Benish Meyvn (1,128) Mar 13, 2013 Wisconsin
    Trader

Maybe it will be tapped unannounced?! I mean they have got to have a keg of this.

2. maximum12

maximum12 Poo-Bah (4,561) Jan 21, 2008 Minnesota
    Society Trader

That is quite a tap list. If anyone wants to share an Uber from the Twin Cities, or just strap me to the roof for the trip back, let me know.

3. ChiPez66

ChiPez66 Initiate (117) May 21, 2018 Illinois
    Trader

That would be cool.

4. Vitamin_Hop

Vitamin_Hop Initiate (139) Mar 26, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

In years past has their been any special beers to go at the black gold releases?

5. darktain

darktain Initiate (169) Dec 1, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Not really

6. bound4er

bound4er Champion (836) Jul 4, 2007 Wisconsin

Ditto.

7. JJ_17

JJ_17 Initiate (187) Apr 22, 2014 Wisconsin
    Trader

I’m chillin in the holiday inn lobby with some brews... anyone sharing? Got JWake

8. doublevision

doublevision Initiate (104) Sep 8, 2014 Illinois
    Trader

Anyone know if Black Gold btls are in the togo cooler at the brewery?

9. ChiPez66

Trader

Huh? Black Gold is a ticketed release with limited amounts. Idk if they just stick em in the to go fridge... I highly doubt it, but have no way of knowing for sure. Maybe they put a few leftovers in there for a week or something? I imagine it goes quick if any is left over.

10. scream

scream Meyvn (1,318) Dec 6, 2014 Wisconsin
    Society

email/message them to check on availability

Thrillhouse82 likes this.
  11. Thrillhouse82

Thrillhouse82 Initiate (141) Sep 14, 2014 Wisconsin
    Trader

In years past they have had the Anniversary beer and/or Black Gold available sometime after their respective parties. It's never really announced when they have them to go though, I think as a thank you to locals who frequent the brewery. I agree with @scream to message them directly.

ChiPez66 likes this.
  12. ebunk

ebunk Initiate (70) Sep 21, 2015 Wisconsin

I grabbed a few bottles this weekend. But they weren’t stocked in the cooler so they were moving very quickly. I don’t think they’ll be there long if they’re still there. Cheers.

13. ChiPez66

Trader

I stand corrected. Thanks :slight_smile:

14. ebunk

CW does a ton for their taproom crowd. They take pretty good care of customers in general, but the taproom cooler is a real gem.

15. ChiPez66

Trader

Yeah, I was up for the Black Gold release and had a great time. Wish it wasn't a 4 hour ride, as CW makes some of my favorite beers.

I just didn't think they'd have much Black Gold left over. Most big releases like that, from most breweries, that are ticket only, don't release that left-over stuff for purchase to the general public. They sell enough tickets to sell the majority of the bottles, then have some as give-aways and things like that, but left-overs never see the light of day. CW seems to do a lot right. :+1:

dukeandduke and ebunk like this.
  16. Vitacca

Vitacca Crusader (750) Sep 15, 2010 Wisconsin
    Society Trader

Which one of you guys drank all the Coffee Maple that day? Disappointed it had kicked 2 hours in. Should of got my lazy ass out of bed a little earlier I guess.

maximum12, ChiPez66 and scream like this.
  17. ChiPez66

Trader

I think we got there around 1:45, and it had kicked already, so wasn't me. I was hoping to try it too.

Vitacca likes this.
  18. Lorddevn

Lorddevn Initiate (33) Mar 10, 2019 Wisconsin
    Trader

Got there at 1250. Waited in line for like 20 minutes to get some, only got 1 pour for the wife and I to share. It was my clear favorite. Didn’t expect it to be so busy that early though.

19. Benish

Benish Meyvn (1,128) Mar 13, 2013 Wisconsin
    Trader

Bummer you missed out! I was lucky to get a pour.
    Coffee Maple > Maple > Black Gold. Even though BG was last, if was still fantastic as always!

20. ChiPez66

Trader

Did you drink them from the cups they gave you, or glassware? Glassware matters. At least for me.

I didn't get to try Coffee Maple, but got to try a couple pours of Maple, and 2-3 pours of Black Gold. BG was far better, IMO, especially after it warmed in the glass. I had both from the plastic cups, as well as the CW snifter that they were selling onsite, and they were far better in the snifter than the pours I had in the plastic cups. I still found BG to be the better beer than the Maple, though.

#220 ChiPez66, Oct 24, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    dukeandduke likes this.
  21. Lorddevn

Trader

I agree I thought BG was better than maple, however I thought maple this year was better than maple last year. BG this year was fantastic, felt much better than last year, and last years was good.

dukeandduke and ChiPez66 like this.
  22. maximum12

Society Trader

Interesting, both my buddy & I preferred the Maple, though not by much both are fantastic.

Agree that the Maple tasted between than the bottle I had. Not sure if the difference was tap vs.bottle or if this version is just better. But, damn.

23. Mrwenzel

Mrwenzel Initiate (39) Jan 19, 2017 Wisconsin

CW has maple presale going on. Tickets started at 6:00 and are still available in case anyone is interested. Check there Facebook site.

Lorddevn and Jaycase like this.
  24. Neverdie7

Neverdie7 Initiate (158) Jun 7, 2008 Wisconsin

Saturdays are sold out but Sunday tickets still available. They just posted at 9:15pm. Got mine for Saturday!

Mrwenzel likes this.
  25. maximum12

Society Trader

Looking forward to it. The Maple on tap during Black Gold was silly great. Black Gold is a straight A+ beer for my palate, & it paled sadly next to the Maple. Here's to hoping the bottles are just as good!

26. Lorddevn

Trader

Thanks for this. I don’t have Facebook and just follow them on twitter. Maple was fantastic this year at BG so looking forward to some bottles.

Mrwenzel and scream like this.
  27. scream

Society

Website is completely revamped. Looks nice

Jaycase, Lorddevn and ebunk like this.
  28. scream

Society

Appears their taproom hrs are completely revised as well. I sent a msg/inquiry to confirm as w the website change it could be an error

29. scream

Society

My msg. -Tap room hours appear to have changed ? Now open Mon-Thurs 8AM -5PM, Fr 8M-10PM, Sat noon-10PM and Sun noon to 7PM. Is that correct ?

answer received -
    Yes! That is correct.

Quite a change !

GreenBayBA, GuyFawkes, Timx0r and 2 others like this.
  30. wisconsinbeer1

wisconsinbeer1 Aspirant (204) Nov 11, 2004 Wisconsin
    Trader

Nice! I'm going to make it one of my goals to get there at 8 am one morning and start drinking coffee stouts.

scream likes this.
  31. ebunk

Long overdue. The old site was not great.

32. grantcty

grantcty Initiate (128) Feb 17, 2008 Minnesota

A lot of the recent discussion has been focused on the brewery-only releases and here I am excited to see the Brewhouse Coffee Stout in 6 packs for only a couple bucks more than what the bombers used to cost! I guess I'm just easy to please. :sunglasses:

4DAloveofSTOUT, ebunk and scream like this.
  33. bmony26

bmony26 Initiate (121) May 2, 2012 Wisconsin
    Trader

34. mbockstruck30

mbockstruck30 Disciple (309) Dec 31, 2010 Illinois
    Trader

A whole 2 signatures so far? Sure is picking up steam!

35. Jaycase

Jaycase Meyvn (1,335) Jan 13, 2007 Illinois
    Trader

36. scream

Society

up to 3 now !!

Jaycase and mbockstruck30 like this.
  37. scream

Society

That's a 50% increase !

38. Vitacca

Vitacca Crusader (750) Sep 15, 2010 Wisconsin
    Society Trader

Is the glass new this year for the general public? Don't remember seeing those in the past although things can get foggy with 3 hours of free stouts.

39. Dactrius

Dactrius Poo-Bah (1,534) Apr 23, 2012 Wisconsin
    Society Trader

The glass is definitely new for the public. I don't need any more glassware but it'll be nice not to have to bring my own glassware for once.

40. kylenabilcy

kylenabilcy Initiate (111) Aug 10, 2010 Wisconsin
    Trader

No commentary on Butter Pecan Maple Barrel Stout's reception this last weekend? Okay I'll start. It's friggin' good. An exceptional aroma, and the caramel/praline sweetness really reinforces the maple at the end of a roasty, barrel-forward sip.

4DAloveofSTOUT and dukeandduke like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.