Charleston Trip

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by ZionsvilleBeerDork, Oct 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZionsvilleBeerDork

ZionsvilleBeerDork Initiate (0) Jan 17, 2015 Indiana

Headed to Charleston next week on a business trip, in which I should have a fair amount of free time in the evening. I'll be staying downtown (King Street) without a car and am trying to maximize my exposure to the local beer scene.

It looks to me like Craftsmen Kitchen, Closed for Business and Bay Street Biergarten are my best bet bars and the Charleston Beer Exchange is my best bet for a bottle shop.

Anyone local have anything to add? Tips, suggestions, etc.

Cheers,
    Aaron

2. AintNoTele

AintNoTele Initiate (0) Jun 4, 2014 South Carolina

Edmunds Oast is a must, Uber on over there

3. zac16125

zac16125 Poo-Bah (2,192) Jan 26, 2010 South Carolina
    Society Trader

Second Edmunds Oast, not only does it have a great beer list the food is fantastic. Its my favorite restaurant in Charleston.

I have never actually been to Bay St Biergarten, I hear its fun but that the beer list is rather blah.

4. raverjames

raverjames Initiate (0) Dec 11, 2003 Virginia

Avoid Biergarten, unless you like immature college crowds and foamy overpriced pours. Edmund's is tops in the area, if not the southeast. Closed for Business is a nice little joint, though the food is not quite in the same league as Edmund's. The Craftsmen is pretty good, but I haven't been there in a while. Since you should be going to Edmund's (unless you don't want to experience the best beer, cocktails, food, charcuterie, etc...), you might want to hit Revelry Brewery before. It is a couple block walk from Edmund's. You could also hit Palmetto Brewery, which has come a long way in a few years. Honorable mention goes to The Griffon, as they are one of the original beer bars in CHS with a respectable tap list.

5. HighRollerII

HighRollerII Initiate (0) Aug 2, 2013 South Carolina

End of thread.....

raverjames likes this.
  6. ddtprm

ddtprm Initiate (0) Jul 9, 2008 South Carolina

One must always hit up the Griffon...out of respect, at least.

raverjames likes this.
  7. nc41

nc41 Poo-Bah (2,628) Sep 25, 2008 North Carolina
    Society Trader

We're in Charleston Fri and Sat. We stay on Meeting Street by Market and walk from there too. Or you can simple take a bike taxi, it doesn't get any easier, it's fast and inexpensive. My only concern is getting into Charleston, I 95 has detours in two spots. We like the Gin Joint on East Bay for mixed drinks.

8. ZionsvilleBeerDork

ZionsvilleBeerDork Initiate (0) Jan 17, 2015 Indiana

Edmunds it is for at least one night. Thanks guys, greatly appreciated. So long as my flight is on time, think I'm going to hit it up Wednesday evening. If you happen to be there, feel free to stop by. I'll be the dude sitting at the bar solo.

9. raverjames

raverjames Initiate (0) Dec 11, 2003 Virginia

Have fun and enjoy your time in our city. Make sure you eat ALL the charcuterie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.