Charlotte Breweries

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by KalbHOMEBREWS, Apr 16, 2017.

1. KalbHOMEBREWS

KalbHOMEBREWS Aspirant (241) Feb 2, 2017 Maryland
    Subscriber Beer Trader

hello!

I'm visiting Charlotte Tuesday and have 5 hours to kill before I fly out. Any recommendations on breweries I should go to?

I love all types of beer but like most people nowadays I'm into sours, BA, funky flavor beers.

Any recommendations are appreciated!

2. abb610

abb610 Disciple (315) Oct 14, 2010 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

3. lateralusbeer

lateralusbeer Initiate (144) Jun 18, 2014 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

Keep in mind most Charlotte breweries don't open until 4, so that may shape your options. You may be better off with a great local beer bar where you can eat and try several locals on tap.

KalbHOMEBREWS likes this.
  4. nas4atu

nas4atu Aspirant (254) Dec 3, 2011 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

Heist may be worth your time. Occasionally they have a sour beer on (although as of 8 AM this morning, it looks like mainly I/PA's, an Amber, Porter, and saison). Their IPAs are mainly what they are known for, but the few sour beers they've done have been amazing. And as a bonus, their food is pretty damn good too. Definitely check out their site for their current tap list, they usually keep it pretty up to date. If that doesn't tempt you, Salud bottle shop would be a great option, great tap list plus they have a sandwich shop attached next door.

Edit: They're also open for lunch by the way starting at 11 AM

#4 nas4atu, Apr 17, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  5. OriginalFili

OriginalFili Initiate (156) May 18, 2016 New York
    Beer Trader

Idk how often you fly through CLT, but just a heads up, the Airport is typically very quick from getting your ticket to getting to the gate. I usually give myself 1.5 hours at most before the flight, unlike NYC where i give myself 2.5 hours. If that helps factor in your times.

Ide hit up Heist for Lunch, and Salud, Good Bottle has a good bottle selection. but I would check when places open, because it could be late.

6. LFC_YNWA

LFC_YNWA Aspirant (280) May 31, 2014 New Jersey
    Subscriber Beer Trader

I know you didn't mention IPA's in your sought after beers, but on my visit to Charlotte (and about 6 different breweries) I loved Legion and their Juicy J was the best beer I had in my time in Charlotte. So many cool breweries there as far as atmosphere too.

7. KalbHOMEBREWS

KalbHOMEBREWS Aspirant (241) Feb 2, 2017 Maryland
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Thanks! I'm fortunate enough to have status so I can get through in about 30 minutes. I appreciate the recommendations

• About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.