Chattanooga bottle shops?

Discussion in 'South' started by myersk27, May 24, 2017.

1. myersk27

myersk27 Initiate (0) Oct 21, 2011 Indiana

A quick search showed that Riverside and Beverage World (Georgia) were the best options as of about a year ago. Is this still the case? Anything new to the area that would have a good selection? Traveling to Cleveland, TN this weekend and I suspect Chattanooga is the best option for craft beer.....

KentT and Badfish like this.
  2. Badfish

Badfish Initiate (86) Sep 6, 2013 Tennessee

Beverage World in Ft. Oglethorpe is hands down the best shop in the area. If you stop there, that should be the only stop you need to make.

3. MrKennedy88

MrKennedy88 Initiate (0) Aug 17, 2015 Tennessee

Beverage World, for sure. Imbibe or Riverside if you absolutely can't make it to Beverage World.

KentT, elgiacomo and Badfish like this.
  4. myersk27

thanks! anything local to Tennessee that I should be looking for? Probably will end up at Bev World so possibly a moot point....but definitely curious.

5. imyourhero21

imyourhero21 Devotee (448) Oct 9, 2011 California
    Trader

In Chatt you might find Bearded Iris cans, but i hear they have been getting fewer and they go fast.

KentT, Badfish and Buck89 like this.
  6. Buck89

Buck89 Poo-Bah (2,158) Feb 7, 2015 Tennessee
    Premium Trader

Agree with everyone else. I would head to Beverage World (great place) and then head up to Cleveland.

Badfish and myersk27 like this.
  7. flat_lander

flat_lander Disciple (389) May 11, 2016 Illinois
    Premium Trader

Cool. I'll be in Chattanooga for a week in June. Will hit Beverage World up. I have no idea what sees distro in that part of the country. Recs on what I should go for? Cheers!

8. myersk27

Thanks for the tip! Found a lot of awesome stuff including KBS four packs there!

KentT, elgiacomo and Badfish like this.
  9. Badfish

Badfish Initiate (86) Sep 6, 2013 Tennessee

Awesome news! Glad you had a safe and fruitful trip.

myersk27 likes this.
  10. ryno23

ryno23 Initiate (0) Apr 3, 2009 Tennessee

For people in the area Mega Star in Ringgold is a great place to shop as well. A bit further than BW from Chatt but they do not put limits on beer(typically) and they seem to be a $1 cheaper than BW. You can follow them on untapped to see what they have.
    https://untappd.com/v/mega-star/5255684

KentT likes this.
  11. TennesseeOrdie

TennesseeOrdie Initiate (0) Jul 5, 2017 Tennessee

While not a bottle shop as such, you all need to make the side journey to Crafty Bastard in Knoxville on the way down. For me, Crafty is the Gold Standard of craft beer. 8-10 of their usually 14 or so are brewed onsite, and they're mostly quirky, NOT run of the mill brews. Tesselation IPA is excellent, as is the Tessie's Ale (session version of above).

KentT likes this.
  12. landrewg

landrewg Initiate (132) Nov 11, 2008 Michigan
    Trader

How about the Big Biscuit Barn up the street? :grin:

elgiacomo likes this.
  13. flat_lander

flat_lander Disciple (389) May 11, 2016 Illinois
    Premium Trader

Forgot to report back on my Chattanooga trip. I ended up having lots of luck at the Casual Pint in Hixson. Our friends lived closer to their than any other bottle shop in Chattanooga proper. Had no problem getting a couple different Bearded Iris 4 packs and some other stuff. They also had some good beers on tap to try. Staff were really friendly. I also made a quick stop at Sigler's Craft Beer & Cigars. They must've been pretty picked over when I went there as not much struck my fancy there. I think they also see some more foot traffic than Casual Pint, so more sought after stuff goes quicker there. Sigler's did have some great beers on tap including Homestyle and a barrel aged stout that I can't recall at this moment. Really nice guys in there too, they just didn't have what I was looking for when I stopped in. Chattanooga is a beautiful area, always love going to visit!

KentT, elgiacomo and landrewg like this.
  14. Lotus1197

Lotus1197 Initiate (0) Aug 10, 2015 Florida

This list still current for the area?

Beverage World
    Imbibe
    Riverside

elgiacomo likes this.
  15. MrKennedy88

Pretty much the best stores. For other options depending on area of town you're in, I'd say Sigler's, Vine & Barrel, and Chattanooga Wine & Spirits. You should be covered with the three you listed though.

KentT, elgiacomo and Lotus1197 like this.
  16. Lotus1197

Thanks man! Do you know any places that do Crowlers or is it mainly just 32/64 growlers?

17. MrKennedy88

Mainly just 32/64 growlers at the stores.

MEGA STAR convenience store in Ringgold, GA does crowlers.

Heaven & Ale Brewing and Hutton & Smith Brewing do crowlers from their taprooms.

KentT and Lotus1197 like this.
  18. Lotus1197

Thanks again, figured i'd find some Bearded Iris, but didn't realize the Orpheus/CC were plentiful up there as well.