Cigar City in Southeast Pa

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by jduffy21, Aug 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jduffy21

jduffy21 Initiate (0) May 6, 2008 Pennsylvania

Does anyone know if Cigar City is anywhere in SEPA? Can't find it anywhere...any suggestions?

2. gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy Initiate (126) Jun 1, 2014 New Jersey
    Trader

I'd also like to know this. Trenton Road Takeout is supposed to carry Cigar City but each time I've been there they don't seem to have any.

3. Mbo108

Mbo108 Aspirant (237) Dec 3, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Ive seen Jai Alai and Hopped on the High Seas at a few places. Beer Yard in Ardmore has had it before.

4. Shandycan

Shandycan Initiate (0) Jan 15, 2014 Pennsylvania

Jai Alai's a regular at Wegmans. I second @Mbo108 's vote to Beer Yard, they seem to be able to get quite a bit of CC stuff in.

5. dagimp

dagimp Devotee (401) Nov 18, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Society

Beer Shoppe in Ardmore and The Greeks in Narberth usually have it as well.

6. jmdrpi

jmdrpi Poo-Bah (6,455) Dec 11, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Society

It's in the northern suburbs. I see at least Jai Alai, and usally some others at my local beer stores like Towamencin Beverage (right off Lansdale Turnpike exit), and Beer Etc in Hatfield.

7. lostandwandering

lostandwandering Initiate (0) Oct 14, 2009 New Jersey

The Beer Store in Southampton gets them in fairly often. They've gotten Jai Alai + white oaked and hopped on the high seas. Was just there this weekend and they didn't seem to have any though. Check their FB page or call before you make the trip.

8. GenericForumName

GenericForumName Initiate (0) Oct 31, 2013 Pennsylvania

9. rolltide8425

rolltide8425 Meyvn (1,249) Feb 18, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Trader

The Loft at Iron Abbey usually has Jai Alai and I've seen a couple Hopped on the High Seas variants there as well as Jose Marti. I know the Beer Store just put Jai Alai on tap but don't know what they have in terms of cans/bottles right now.

lostandwandering likes this.
  10. TheNightwatchman

TheNightwatchman Devotee (483) Mar 28, 2009 Pennsylvania

I've seen Jai Alai and Dry Hopped on the High Seas in the Lancaster area, but not lately.

11. lostandwandering

lostandwandering Initiate (0) Oct 14, 2009 New Jersey

That loft was like heaven the first time I went. I could have spent my life savings...

12. rolltide8425

rolltide8425 Meyvn (1,249) Feb 18, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Trader

You and me both and I live less than 10 minutes from it.

13. PSUDREW

PSUDREW Initiate (0) Jun 14, 2002 Pennsylvania

Iron Abbey/Loft is awesome. Everyone above has already noted what they have, but I have heard tell that some of the Wegman's/WholeFoods in the western suburbs gets 'em too, I got a bottle of Marshal Zukov from one one there

14. Kinshasa

Kinshasa Initiate (72) Jan 4, 2013 New Jersey

I talked to the owner at Trenton Road Takeout when I went there to get a sixer of Jai Alai last week. They typically always have it and usually some other Cigar City beer. He said that they haven't seen anything from Cigar City in 2-3 weeks and he was not sure when the next time it would come in. Maybe they are having issues with production or distribution in the area because from this thread, it seems his is not the only store that hasn't seen it in a while. I hope its only temporary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.