Civil Society 2018

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by JerryIsAlive, Jan 30, 2018.

1. JerryIsAlive

JerryIsAlive Initiate (151) May 30, 2012 Florida

I couldn’t locate the current Civil thread so please merge if it still exists.

Interesting cans this weekend. I wanted to go up regardless to grab some brews for super Sunday, and have yet to have fresh galaxies so I’m excited for that since I love galaxy hops.

The porter is intriguing. I don’t think they brewed it once in 2017? Don’t think I’ve ever had a hoppy porter

2. NoleBeerNoleFun

NoleBeerNoleFun Aspirant (285) Aug 17, 2015 Florida
    Premium Trader

Back in CCB's Glory Days they used to brew a really good Hoppy Porter called Jose Marti..hard to make an interesting Porter and that one was

3. Freshly_Squeezed_Ry

Freshly_Squeezed_Ry Initiate (71) Feb 9, 2017 Florida
    Trader

I'm intrigued by the empty barrel post. Any speculation on the potential beer?

4. howopeeps

howopeeps Initiate (180) Mar 7, 2011 Ohio

Will be going to civil society in a couple of weeks. Do they do crowlers of all their beers or just certain ones like the website shows. Also do cans ever last until Tuesday?

5. JerryIsAlive

They’ll do a crowler of anything not being sold in cans and not super limited

6. howopeeps

Do they have food/food trucks? Anything nearby thats good?

7. the_bavarian

the_bavarian Initiate (42) Sep 15, 2017 Florida
    Trader

Plenty of places to eat in Abacoa within walking distance...the cuban place "copacabana" is quite good...

8. JerryIsAlive

Go 3 min down street to Coolinary cafe

Thirst_trappist and newbrews like this.
  9. GameFreac

GameFreac Disciple (320) Apr 8, 2011 Georgia
    Trader

The restaurant right across the street, Jumbo Bay Island Grill has a ridiculously good Ahi Tuna steak. I ate it twice in 1 day.

10. njfoses

njfoses Initiate (36) May 28, 2014 Georgia

Visiting the inlaws in Delray and heading to Civil today around 12 for some cans and to have a few beers on draft. Didn't realize they have line shares, makes me wish I had brought some GA brews to share. I will be there in a creature comforts t-shirt, come say hello!

SammyJaxxxx, HopDawg03 and GameFreac like this.
  11. njfoses

njfoses Initiate (36) May 28, 2014 Georgia

Roughly 20 people in line.

12. howopeeps

Any can update? Was hoping they would last until Tuesday.

13. JerryIsAlive

Thank GD I’m not working Friday as I have myself one day off in between jobs. Fruited gose in cans on Friday!

14. Readmorevols

Readmorevols Initiate (59) Jun 5, 2016 Tennessee
    Trader

How’s the line?

Viclovescourtney likes this.
  15. Viclovescourtney

Viclovescourtney Initiate (60) Apr 27, 2016 Florida
    Trader

Got here right at noon and there were about 15 people here.

Readmorevols likes this.
  16. brennser

brennser Initiate (108) Feb 22, 2010 District of Columbia

Out of towner here - interested in hitting up the can release Saturday. Whats the scene like? Do you need to be in line to get cans or can you swing by around noon (or later) and still expect to get an allotment? Thanks in advance

17. Nelson02

Nelson02 Initiate (20) Jan 24, 2010 New York
    Trader

does this stuff ever make it to fort lauderdale? assuming cans are brewery only?

18. HeartofMiami

HeartofMiami Crusader (785) Sep 20, 2014 Florida
    Trader

Depends on release...this one should last the day, maybe until Sunday but keep in mind they open at 11 am (not noon). They're also releasing a glass which is more likely to sell out quickly.

Cans?...no. Draft? Usually something is available in Fort Lauderdale. Check out Riverside Market/Craft Beer Cartel, Quvo Tacos. They have done can releases at Boxelder in Miami

brennser, MHorridge and Nelson02 like this.
  19. JerryIsAlive

Subject 16 is my favorite of the subjects so I will be heading down Saturday morning for cans. I’m excited. Gives me a good reason to skip DFPF!

manbearpack likes this.
  20. manbearpack

manbearpack Initiate (166) Feb 10, 2013 Texas
    Trader

Is Civil still doing that pop up bar in West Palm?

JerryIsAlive likes this.
  21. JerryIsAlive

22. manbearpack

Trader

Just in case anyone was planning on getting crowlers, their machine is currently broken. Big bummer for me since I drove up to grab some and can't make the can release tomorrow.

JerryIsAlive likes this.
  23. JerryIsAlive

St Patrick’s day party has the road closed and baseball game at 1

24. Mattkart

Mattkart Initiate (0) Mar 20, 2014 Florida

IMO Civil just continues to kill it time and time again with the cans they are putting out and stopping in is never anything but smooth. Went in Friday night on the way to Wakefield and had Cryo Crock, Cars In Space and Winter Camo all which were great. Sat in the couch/chair area with some friends and the bartenders came over to check on us when they saw glasses getting low for refills which I wasn’t expecting. Then came in Sunday around 3 on the way home and was in and out with all the cans I wanted and a draft pour in 15-20 minutes. Being in Tampa I wish I was closer cause I don’t have anything but praise to say about em

25. RKP1967

RKP1967 Aspirant (238) Sep 26, 2010 Virginia

Anybody have any recommendations on the cans being released 3/24? We're only in town that one day. The three options seem sort of weak by Civil Society standards (?)

26. JerryIsAlive

Try 4oz pours and then decide what you want cans of. The Fresh variant sounds great. Also think the Pilsner sounds great. Their first?

27. Brehnert

Brehnert Initiate (76) Mar 17, 2011 Pennsylvania

I'm visiting Palm Beach Gardens and was going to hit up the release tomorrow. Does anyone know how busy it gets? Do
    I need to go right at 12? Is it better to wait until later in the day?

28. JerryIsAlive

My plan of attack is go at 12, sit at bar, order beer and wait for line to dwindle. As soon as line ends, they’ll sell you cans to your seat.

29. Jarnet87

Jarnet87 Initiate (75) Jul 30, 2014 Florida

I was there for the Pulp and Baby Giraffe release 2 weeks ago. Maybe 20-30 people there right at open, but that may depend on what they release. Pulp was excellent. Baby Giraffe was decent, thought it was falling off a little quick in the cans. Like Jerry said if you get there at opening and there isn’t a crazy line you have time to sit and try what they are offering and not have to worry about missing out on cans

JerryIsAlive likes this.
  30. Brehnert

Brehnert Initiate (76) Mar 17, 2011 Pennsylvania

Might as well drink while waiting for cans!

20-30 people isn't bad at all. I'm staying just 2-3min away so I dont need to be there right at opening. I was over there on Tuesday. Pulp was awesome but I opted for a crowler of Tracks. When I was down last September they originally released Tracks as Subject Sixteen and I brought a bunch home. Really great beer.

31. manbearpack

Trader

Looks like Navy Camo is being pushed back to the next release, hope they do a 4/20 Friday release instead of Saturday next week.

32. JerryIsAlive

Why do I always miss the bottle releases?! King Gary loves coco @ 25 per, 2 pp, and the extra pulp and tracks too! And I’ll be in Miami :-(

newbrews likes this.
  33. JerryIsAlive

Cancelled plans and now able to go. How early we thinking to be near front of line? 9?

manbearpack likes this.
  34. JerryIsAlive

Why no buzz for this drop?

35. Freshly_Squeezed_Ry

Freshly_Squeezed_Ry Initiate (71) Feb 9, 2017 Florida
    Trader

I’m pumped! Have a local picking up King Gary, Extra Pulp and Tracks. Was pissed Tracks kicked at Huna before I got to their tent.

36. Mindflow

Mindflow Initiate (93) Jul 9, 2016 Florida
    Trader

BA Gary was legit. Heard about 300 bottles produced.

The Camo from last week was amazing, glad to see it available again today. Haven't tried the navy yet.

37. Jarnet87

Jarnet87 Initiate (75) Jul 30, 2014 Florida

I have not had too many of Civil Society's Porter and Stout offerings. Last time I was there I tried Fade Away which was good, and In the past I think I tried a variant of gary loves the coco (may have been blueberry?)

38. Hopznbuds

Hopznbuds Initiate (61) Feb 26, 2017 New Jersey
    Trader

How long do you guys expect this sour ipa to last today? I'm coming into town tomorrow and was hoping I'd still be able to score some cans..tuesday release has me a little more hopeful, but 3-4pks pp makes me think it was a small batch..any info is appreciated. Thanks!

39. the_bavarian

the_bavarian Initiate (42) Sep 15, 2017 Florida
    Trader

Anyone open a can of Navy Camo yet? Heard it was still super green?

40. hititback

hititback Initiate (17) Dec 21, 2016 Florida

DDH Juice is delicious. About to crack open a You're not wrong.

the_bavarian likes this.