Colorado Craft Beer Week

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by Domingo, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Domingo

Domingo Poo-Bah (2,195) Apr 23, 2005 Colorado
    Subscriber Beer Trader

It's now upon us. Here's a listing of events going on/planned for the week:
    http://www.cobeerweek.com/

Anyone doing anything especially cool or under the radar?

ucsbmullet likes this.
  2. joshclauss

joshclauss Aspirant (243) Oct 31, 2010 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Wouldn't be cool or under the radar if I just posted it here for everyone to see, now would it?

Domingo likes this.
  3. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Poo-Bah (3,446) May 19, 2005 Colorado

If the weather stays nice, I'm gonna sit on the porch and drink some beers while comtemplating life and the mysteries of the universe. If the weather turns, then forget comtemplation..ing.

tacosandbeer and Penguin3200 like this.
  4. angelmonster

angelmonster Defender (664) Apr 3, 2008 Colorado
    ¬°Bad Trader! Beer Trader

Going to the Dry Dock beer dinner at the lobby

5. Mebuzzard

Had to work monday, work tonight, but tomorrow through Friday nights are clear. What should I do??

6. dauss

dauss Defender (654) Aug 9, 2003 Colorado
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Amateurs. For me, every week is Colorado craft beer week.

7. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Meyvn (1,471) Aug 14, 2005 Colorado

The Next Door in Loveland is hosting a collaboration with all the Loveland breweries on Thursday at 6pm. The beer is called Love Child.

8. brentk56

brentk56 Poo-Bah (8,034) May 13, 2004 North Carolina
    Subscriber Beer Trader

I am flying to Denver tomorrow - spending two nights and will be going to the dinner tomorrow night at Freshcraft. Looking forward to that but have not yet figured out what to do on Thursday. Maybe Crooked Stave.

9. kkrez

kkrez Initiate (0) Dec 7, 2008 Colorado

Crooked Stave is doing a mini-takeover at star bar tonight-7pm. Leopold's Small Batch American Whiskey barrel aged Sentience, Leopold's Apple Whiskey barrel aged Vieille, Surette, Vieille, Origins, and possibly an early version of WWBV! See you there!

coreymcafee and Domingo like this.
  10. kkrez

edit- 6pm

11. Domingo

Subscriber Beer Trader

Tempting. Very tempting. Plus, Marco's Pizza is right there, too...

12. denver10

denver10 Poo-Bah (2,076) Nov 17, 2010 New Mexico

If only I still lived down in Denver....

13. gklover1

gklover1 Initiate (101) Oct 18, 2009 Colorado
    Beer Trader

DAMMIT!! Screw this beer hiatus. This damn darklord day better be worth it...

CK21, kkrez and coreymcafee like this.
  14. Steve_0

Steve_0 Aspirant (238) Mar 14, 2012 Colorado
    Beer Trader

If only it wasn't busy season. . .

15. Domingo

Subscriber Beer Trader

Looks like Renegade has a BBA version of Cherub Rock (their tasty pumpkin porter) on tap tonight as well. While certainly not quite the same level of event as a CS Star Bar takeover, it's a little easier for me to reach.

16. Mebuzzard

Crooked Stave tap takeover at Star Bar was pretty nice. WWBV was interesting...lotta passion fruit. Sentience Leopold Bros BA was very nice. Leop. Bros apple whisky VA saison was really tasty too. So.....they were all nice!

coreymcafee, Domingo and narayan like this.
  17. Domingo

Subscriber Beer Trader

For a pretty decent crowd (at least for a relatively small place like Star Bar), they managed everything pretty well, too. Even a 10 minute rush around 6'ish, their 2-man staff did a great job keeping everyone happy. Glad we made the trek even in 5PM Colfax traffic.

coreymcafee likes this.
  18. kkrez

We'll be at Ernie's tonight along with Renegade, Dry Dock, Strange, Crazy Mountain and Great Divide. We'll be pouring Vieille, Surette, WWBV Passionfruit and Apple Whisky Vieille.

Mebuzzard likes this.
  19. joshclauss

Beer Trader

I hate the layout of the Events page on this website, but I did manage to scroll and read long enough to see the single-hop series event at Wit's End tonight. I'm thinking that sounds pretty cool. Still haven't been there yet...

Also, SUPER bummed I won't be able to go to the Denver Off The Wagon/Star Bar party tomorrow. A keg of The Deuce?!? Won't be seeing that too often. Also, Great Divide BA Belgian Yeti is intriguing.

http://www.denveroffthewagon.com/2013/03/19/legends-rarities-the-tap-list/

20. Domingo

Subscriber Beer Trader

Wanted to do that one but am in for the night. While not Scott's absolute best tasting beers, his "One" beers are fun for comparing and contrasting hops. I've had the Tettnang, and Columbus, but not the Cascade. I still think Scott's the nicest brewer on the planet plus JCVB & Green Man kick a ton of ass. Hopefully he still has some Mick Jaggery left, too. I need to get back down there this weekend if he does.

21. kkrez

Origins Burgundy Sour Release Party at the Crooked Stave Barrel Cellar tonight-5pm. 3 bottle limit. It is not looking like this will hit retail shelves so show up tonight if you want some.

adkieffer and Domingo like this.
  22. joshclauss

Beer Trader

Shit. I will not be around...

23. Domingo

Subscriber Beer Trader

The Bull and Bush has a rye whiskey barrel aged version of Pimp my Rye on tap right now that is frighteningly good. It's up there with Royal Oil and Liquid Brain. Not sure how long it'll last, but hopefully through the weekend.

24. denver10

Up in Fort Collins, Black Bottle right now seems to have a ton of Sandlot beers on tap.

-Sand Lot/Blue Moon Extra Sour Red (from Keith Villa's cellar)
    -Sand Lot/Blue Moon Crimson Crossing
    -Sand Lot/Blue Moon Impulse Vintage Red
    -Sand Lot/Blue Moon Belgian White
    -Sand Lot/Blue Moon Pine In The Neck
    -Sand Lot/Blue Moon Valencia Grove
    -Sand Lot/Blue Moon Ginger Bread
    -Sand Lot/Blue Moon Thin Mint

Anyone know if they are as good as they sound?

25. Domingo

Subscriber Beer Trader

Not sure about those specifically, but the Sandlot makes some tasty stuff. Based on memory, they actually have the most GABF medals of any brewery in Colorado...and most of those don't leave the fest and/or Coors Field. Not everything they're doing is particularly amazing, but it's probably worth dropping in if you're close.

26. dauss

dauss Defender (654) Aug 9, 2003 Colorado
    Subscriber Beer Trader

If I had an unlimited budget and never had to worry about selling any beer....

joshclauss likes this.
  27. Domingo

Subscriber Beer Trader

I'm not saying why, just mentioning that they have some good beers :slight_smile: McLaren makes a fine automobile, too!

28. StoneTSR

StoneTSR Champion (817) Nov 18, 2009 Colorado

Under the radar is the Ska mini tap takeover at Old Chicago in Boulder (11th & Pearl). Six Ska beers including Vernal Minthe stout - at least it was still on last night when I was there. Also, Hibernal Vinifera.

29. denver10

Just kinda curious...on a budget right now after my recent trip to Spring Training, so no bar money for me right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.