Coming to victoria

Discussion in 'Canada' started by crusian, Jun 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusian

crusian Crusader (788) May 14, 2010 Oregon
    Trader

Man this section of ba sucks.
    I'm sorry for that.
    Anyway, I'm heading from Portland. Through Seattle to victoria in a couple weeks, around June 15. If anyone is interested in an ip trade or anything.
    Shit tons of de garde, and anything you might be looking for. Ask.
    Interested in anything... always up to bring and share too. And suggestions of what to do... will have a well behaved 2.5 year old with me.
    Thanks!

2. Beervana

Beervana Defender (605) Apr 15, 2014 Canada

I just moved from Vic so I can't help you out with any IP trades but The Drake Eatery and Garrick's Head are still the two best beer bars there, I think kids are fine at both, at least during the day. Lots of breweries but not very many are worth a visit as they're mainly just a growler fill and go. If you have a car and are into cider, sitting on the patio at Sea Cider overlooking the orchard and ocean makes for a nice afternoon.

Pretty much any restaurant in Vic will have a good local beer selection but I always recommend Olo for a splurge dinner, killer food and they always have cellared Driftwood sours on the menu.

For bottle shops, Cook Street Liquor is probably the best bet, buy pretty much anything from Four Winds that you see. You can stop at Beacon Hill Park along the way with the family then spend some time strolling Cook Street after, eat at Prima Strada if you like good wood fired pizza.

Other than beer drinking, hiking and brunch are kind of the go-to activities for Victorians and there's plenty of great examples of both. If you need suggestions there, just ask. Enjoy the trip!

3. crusian

crusian Crusader (788) May 14, 2010 Oregon
    Trader

Thank you so much!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.