1. Looking to trade some beers? Check out How to Get Started with Beer Trading.
Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Counterfeit Cantillon John Chris Nomad

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk' started by JealousChalice, Jun 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsilva

jsilva Nov 10, 2009 Massachusetts

Funny that on page 9 and we still dont know anymore than on page 1
    So do we know where this supposed fake Nomad came from?
    Does anyone have anything in writing/email from cantillon or the chocolatier stating this is definately fake?
    OP where/who did you get this from and where/who did he get this from?
  2. alcstradamus

alcstradamus Aug 10, 2008 Iowa
    Beer Trader

The potentially fake bottles came from a private seller in Belgium
    The OP received it in a trade, the trader purchased it from that private seller

So basically, until more investigation is done, buyer beware. Sorry if I am being a bit vague, but it is not my place to be exposing potential fraudsters until it is shown that they have indeed committed fraud. It might take some time to get the full details.
    nsheehan and sleepyhead like this.
  3. Rempo

Rempo Jan 18, 2010 Indiana

User ID Effective Date End Date

gamehenge_bottle_shop Mar-31-12 Present

wont_you_step_into_the_freezer Feb-01-12 Mar-31-12

bustedonbourbonstreet Nov-16-11 Feb-01-12

r**c* Jul-13-08 Nov-16-11

sugmag2390 Jan-20-03 Jul-13-08
    CarolinaKevin and claaark13 like this.
  4. BearsOnAcid

BearsOnAcid Mar 17, 2009 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Hard to say how much he's making from selling. It can be a lot easier than trading too. Sell a bunch of bottles that would never land a BA DL on here then buy a BA DL. Ebay is more than just a bunch of capitalists.
    Domeshot14 likes this.
  5. alcstradamus

alcstradamus Aug 10, 2008 Iowa
    Beer Trader

I recognize that name from back in my daily ebay browsing days. Always had a ton of rare shit for sale, I might have even bought some from him I don't remember. Dude was DEEP in the ebay game even back when he was on his high and mighty trader shit.

I want to clarify that I have nothing against ebayers, but I do have something against people who portray themselves one way and act a completely different way behind the scenes.
    nsheehan and Centennial like this.
  6. cmmcdonn

cmmcdonn Jun 21, 2009 Virginia

The guys he screwed over should pool their money and buy his foreclosed house. Then they can call it even. :p
    Soonami likes this.
  7. Patrick

Patrick Aug 13, 2007 Massachusetts

Just gonna throw this out there, but this thread is probably one of the most legit I've seen on BA as far as being helpful to people. If you guys take it too far off course it might not even exist anymore.
    ehammond1 and Centennial like this.
  8. Hoosier12390

Hoosier12390 May 15, 2012 Illinois

What a ridiculous scheme....20 BA DL's. Good lord.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!