Craft Pride (Austin, TX)

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by Hopward, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Hopward

Hopward Jan 18, 2007 Texas

From the Community Impact newspaper;

--J.T. and Brandy Egli are opening a bar specializing in craft beer this fall. Craft Pride will be located at --61 Rainey St. with 50 taps, all of which will feature beer brewed in Texas.

With Bangers opening on Rainey Street as well, a lot of beer will be flowing on that street. I've been wondering when a Texas centric beer bar would open.

2. Danielbt

Danielbt May 4, 2012 Texas

Also, Bacon will be opening a food truck that will be stationed at Craft Pride.

Texas beer/bacon and craft beer/sausage? I need to get an apartment near Rainey St. :D

soultrain19 likes this.
  3. Lutter

Lutter Jun 30, 2010 Texas

The Bacon truck was already at Rainey St on Friday night. :)

So ... much beer... in one place. 151 keg taps and 2 cask taps between them and Banger's.

4. videofrog

videofrog Nov 13, 2010 Texas
    Subscriber

Nothing but silence for about 2 months now. Is this bar still a go? Anybody have any word?

5. Lutter

There was a sign out front and what looked like progress last time I was on Rainey.

6. kmello69

kmello69 Nov 27, 2011 Texas
    Beer Trader

Facebook page says "hoping for November." Thats about it for now.

7. Danielbt

Went to the soft opening for Craft Pride tonight. Holy crap, they have a killer space. Lots of great taps, 2 Mysterium Verums (Imperium and Highlander), cask of dry-hopped Phoenixx, cask of Convict Hill on cocoa and strawberries...52 other Texas taps.

Good stuff. I highly recommend the opening on Feb 28th. I'll definitely be there.

8. blatherbeard

blatherbeard Sep 30, 2007 Texas

Good luck to everyone involved.

9. Phoenix2443

Phoenix2443 Jan 20, 2010 Texas
    Beer Trader

Whoa I'll be checking this out I guess

10. Danielbt

JT has a lot of "really awesome casks" that he'll be breaking out for the grand opening.

They have a two-story cooler, and he's set aside an area to fill with casks and bottles to cellar and break out for special occasions.

There's also a bottle shop on site, and Bacon's truck is in the back patio. They really nailed the location and design.

11. cam_williams

cam_williams Oct 3, 2012 Texas
    Beer Trader

The decor of the place was amazing. Great atmosphere inside and outside. Really really dig this place!

12. TapThat

TapThat Nov 8, 2012 Oregon
    Beer Trader

Definitely one of the best looking spaces down on Rainey, and a nice beer selection as well. Had a big pour of Imperium and got some of the cask offerings(phoenixx and convict hill). Will definitely be here often.

13. MEsquandoles

MEsquandoles Apr 10, 2006 Texas

Thanks for the kudos, guys. We're still pouring some special kegs from the Grand Opening, and our Bottle Shop is fully stocked.

Our normal hours are 4pm-2am Monday - Friday, Noon-2am Saturday and Sunday, but we'll be opening at Noon starting next Monday for SXSW.

14. Danielbt

If y'all haven't, you may want to check out the bottle shop there.

Black Crack, DR 13, BB2...all still in the cooler.

They also have a nice selection of non-Texas brews in the bottle shop. Luchador En Fuego, Funky Jewbilation, Ovila Quad on plums...

15. kmello69

Beer Trader

You know, I'm trying not to buy any beer right now, and this ISN'T helping! ;)

blatherbeard likes this.
  16. starkmarvelo

starkmarvelo Jan 20, 2010 Texas
    Beer Trader

I might have to make a stop on the way to Salado tomorrow. Need me to pick anything up for you?

17. kmello69

Beer Trader

Seriously, bro, I'm concerned my wife is going to divorce me if I bring any more beer into the house! I've added probably 50 bottles in the past month (almost all via trade or boxes from friends, but still!).

I'm building up good will so that when I go to Tampa in May, I don't get hassled for bringing boxes of stuff home. :)

However, if Ananke happens to get released while I'm out of town, you're going to hear from me.

18. blatherbeard

Fuck, wish i hadnt started drinking already. Thanks alot Dan..... ;)

19. blatherbeard

You know you can make pretend i bought you some if it gets some traction with the wife, esp since my wife has a wine addiction so she cant say shit about my beer craving, of which ive spent around 150 to 200 in the last 3 days on about 5 or 6 bottles LOL

20. Lutter

5 or 6 bottles. WTF you buyin'? Loons?

21. blatherbeard

41 bucks for Xv Anniversary Dark Strong Belgian(ommegang 2 bottles)
    60 bucks for 1-BA Full Sail Impy stout, 1-Ba old raspy, 1-Brooklyn brewery silver anniversary lager
    so thats 5 for 101 and theres 1 or 2 i jut cant remember and my online wallet says i went for about 150+ in the last few days.

Not complainin since i got a 600 dollar bonus, but im sure the wife is wondering when im gonna contribute to the move to bastrop LOL

22. starkmarvelo

Beer Trader

Rumor has it that Bastrop got 7 cases of Abyss, so your wife might be on to something.

23. starkmarvelo

Beer Trader

Sounds good. Lol. Yeah my wife told me yesterday that I had too much beer.

24. Lutter

Took our first trip to Craft Pride today... so I took some photos for y'all...

Here's the bar... they had 2 cask engines built into the bar and another cask sitting on the bar with Saint Arnold Divine Reserve 13.

[​IMG]

Here's the entrance to the bottle shop, which is directly behind the bar area...

[​IMG]

Inside there are 3 coolers... 1 has entirely Texas beers which including DR13, Bishop's Barrel #2 (I bought 2 @ $8, they had a good deal of it), various Jester King, Hops & Grain, and Deep Ellum cans amongst others...

[​IMG]

To the right of this they have branded snifters & pint glasses, a few wines, and another cooler with more common out-of-state beers...

[​IMG]

On the back wall of the retail store is the last cooler that has various imports & limited release beers. Some gems in here... got a bottle of Brooklyn Silver Anniversary Lager (which I hadn't seen elsewhere yet)...

[​IMG]

Here's also a shot I took of the back porch with the Bacon food truck parked (wasn't open today, probably because of the Easter holiday).

[​IMG]

Everybody was really friendly there with a much cozier atmosphere than over at Banger's IMHO... I spoke to the manager, who is really interested in putting together a bottle share event for out-of-market beers (she's from Chicago and was a big fan of all their beers).

mrkmrk and Show like this.
  25. Lutter

Oh, another thing I liked was that pints are served in 20oz glasses with a 16oz fill line, so you're getting a true 16oz pour with room for head.

26. 13DegN

13DegN Mar 25, 2012 Texas
    Beer Trader

Yes, I liked the glasses too. No short pours on "pints" there. The chicken with bacon-waffles hit the spot last I was there.

27. blatherbeard

Nice, how much did you pay for the brooklyn silver? I got one at rosedale, think i paid a tad over 18 bucks.

28. Lutter

Their stuff seemed very reasonably priced.... it was $15.

29. blatherbeard

Kick ass. need to get out of work at a reasonable hour now....

30. Lutter

The manager also mentioned she wanted to get some Three Floyd's, because that's her favorite brewery. Didn't want to crush her dreams with the awful reality. :)

31. Phoenix2443

Phoenix2443 Jan 20, 2010 Texas
    Beer Trader

32. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Apr 11, 2012 Texas

Bottle share could accomplish that.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe