Creature Comforts Emergence

Discussion in 'US - South' started by ndepriest, Feb 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ndepriest

ndepriest Initiate (155) Feb 21, 2012 Georgia
    Trader

[​IMG]

Emergence is a blonde ale aged in a variety of wine barrels. Releases at the brewery next Saturday (March 5).

2. Dil_thebeerdrinking_do

Dil_thebeerdrinking_do Initiate (0) Jan 21, 2014 Georgia

3. UGA45211

UGA45211 Initiate (115) Jun 20, 2015 Georgia

anyone know the additional beers that will be on draft for the tour?

4. FATC1TY

FATC1TY Champion (891) Feb 12, 2012 Georgia

This will also be at Hunaday for those going.

Sounds tasty for sure, and since I have a better chance at it in Florida than I do in GA.

The_Snow_Bird, inspektor and GDawgs34 like this.
  5. GDawgs34

GDawgs34 Initiate (0) Feb 16, 2014 Georgia

Looking forward to the glassware and additional taps. I'm sure there will be plenty of solid stuff on

6. Floski

Floski Initiate (0) Jan 15, 2006 South Carolina

They had it at Edmund's Oast Friday night and also (I believe) at Brewvival yesterday.

Very good; great brewery!

TBBAGBIF likes this.
  7. dgfair

dgfair Initiate (0) Nov 13, 2004 North Carolina

What time do you think you will have to arrive to guarantee a spot?

8. ndepriest

Trader

They're open from 11-6 and said they have a good number of bottles so I imagine almost any time will be fine.

9. rmank

rmank Aspirant (281) Mar 26, 2012 South Carolina

would be nice if creature comforts would "emerge" their way into SC distro

gothedistance and TonyLema1 like this.
  10. ndepriest

Trader

They're not even close to supplying Georgia yet, so I wouldn't count on it anytime too soon.

11. RDMII

RDMII Initiate (0) Apr 11, 2010 Georgia

Seriously. We can't even get saturation in metro Atlanta, out of State shipping is years away.

12. BKnarr

BKnarr Initiate (0) Sep 5, 2012 Florida
    Deactivated

You act like one thing is contingent on the other. They are actually mutually exclusive. Cigar City was shipping to New York long before they distributed to most of Florida. Due South brewing out of Boynton Beach has done the same thing. Skipped distribution on the gulf coast of Florida and decided to distribute out of state instead.

13. AW311

AW311 Initiate (0) Aug 25, 2012 Georgia

The difference is that it would not make sense to skip Atlanta for South Carolina vs what CCB did in skipping Pensacola for NYC, it has to be put in perspective

14. Hayden34

Hayden34 Initiate (0) Aug 10, 2014 Georgia

Exactly, and it's not that they are skipping over Atlanta, it's just that they can't keep up with demand. I assume we are talking about Tropicalia here as I live in Middle Georgia and Athena is ALWAYS on the shelves.

15. BKnarr

BKnarr Initiate (0) Sep 5, 2012 Florida
    Deactivated

Sadly, the entire east coast of Florida was still complaining about stock shortages of flagship Jai Alai when CCB started distributing to NY. And Due South skipped the largest craft beer market in the state to go north. We could've really used a solid canned DIPA in the area and their Cat 5 would've fit the bill. Point is sometimes a businesses decisions don't make sense to the consumer. I hope for your sake they do fully saturate ATL before moving on. And I hope for my sake, Due South reconsiders and comes to the gulf coast.

The_FishermanJay likes this.
  16. The_FishermanJay

The_FishermanJay Zealot (525) May 16, 2010 Florida
    Society Trader

Preach, brother!

17. bparker551

bparker551 Aspirant (206) Jan 6, 2015 North Carolina
    Trader

I may have missed it but was there any announcement on bottle count and limits for Saturday?

18. Dil_thebeerdrinking_do

You can only take home two 750ml bottles per person.

bparker551 and Hayden34 like this.
  19. Dil_thebeerdrinking_do

Anyone know what they will be pouring Saturday?

20. UGA45211

CC website says the have 1400 bottles for tomorrows event

bparker551 and TBBAGBIF like this.
  21. Dil_thebeerdrinking_do

With 1400 count they will not run out tomorrow with GA dumb laws. 2 bottles per person. Now if this was in NC or a lot of other states it would be GONE.

22. ndepriest

Trader

That is a lot of bottles, but I wouldn't bet my life that they don't run out. CC is packed on any given day, and this release will have people driving from all over the state (at least).

23. Dil_thebeerdrinking_do

I get that. I will be coming from Atlanta. But I am not going to rush and wait in a line to get in. All I am saying.

24. jumboj11

jumboj11 Initiate (195) May 24, 2009 Georgia

Exactly. I don't know what their fire limit capacity is, but I'd think they'd have to be pretty close to filling that place for the bottles to run out.

25. ndepriest

Trader

I'm secretly hoping no one shows up, and it's a nice relaxing day.

26. GeorgiaKiwi

GeorgiaKiwi Initiate (0) Dec 7, 2007 Georgia

It was a nice relaxing day.

27. ScottDawg7

ScottDawg7 Initiate (80) Jul 27, 2015 Georgia

Smooth bottle release, arrived at 3 pm, good crowd, no line to get in. Had my samples, attended a tour, and got bottle of Emergence to go. Nice to hear they plan to can Cosmik Debris in the spring (appr 6000 cases per the tour guide).

Hayden34 likes this.
  28. Dil_thebeerdrinking_do

Very smooth. Got in a little after noon with no wait in line. This years batch of Cosmik Debris is amazing. Super dry. Loved it.

29. smokinop

smokinop Initiate (0) Jun 5, 2014 Georgia

Just curious where in Middle Ga are you? I'm in SW GA where we do not get Creature Comforts but do make occasional trips to Macon/WR & would like to pick some up when in the area.

Hayden34 likes this.
  30. Hayden34

I actually live in Cordele, GA but I work on Robins AFB in Warner Robins. Galaxy Spirits in WR ALWAYS has Athena on the shelves. They even had Koko Buni sitting on the shelf for more than a month. I picked up a 4 pack of Athena Paradiso in there last Friday and they get Tropicalia pretty regularly too. If you need directions, shoot me a PM.

31. smokinop

Thanks, I'm from WR originally so I do know where Galaxy Spirits is. I had a feeling that you were talking about Galaxy. Will have to take a ride up there this weekend. Not too far from you in Lee County. Thanks

Hayden34 likes this.
  32. Hayden34

No problem. I buy a sixer of Athena almost every time I go in there. The owner will actually call me every time they get Tropicalia in and hold a sixer for me. He just got in the Terrapin Single Origin Coffee Stout last Friday. $13.99 a 4 pack. Not a bad price considering Just Tap'd is charging $4.70 per bottle.

33. smokinop

I bought a 4 pack of the Terrapin Single Origin Coffee Stout last Friday myself in Albany. Drank 2 already, the Guatemala & Sumatra, delicious!

Hayden34 likes this.
  34. Hayden34

I picked up a 4 pack on Friday myself. I enjoyed them all but they are just a bit thin IMO. Especially considering the $13.99 price tag for a 5.7% stout... Of the 4, I enjoyed the Guatemalan one the best. It had a bit of a peppery taste to it.

35. UGA45211

I know this is an emergence thread, but on my snapchat this afternoon Creature Comforts was labeling and putting six pack rings on a collab beer with Other Half called The King's Ransom. It's a Baltic porter, that I believe the can said was 10%. Anyone heard anything about this?

TBBAGBIF likes this.
  36. VinceMig

VinceMig Initiate (0) Jun 21, 2013 Georgia

It is amazing. They poured it at Brewvival.

37. jumboj11

jumboj11 Initiate (195) May 24, 2009 Georgia

Weird that it's not on their list for Huna day

38. Dil_thebeerdrinking_do

Snapchatted with CC and they said it'll probably be brewery only release of the cans.

39. PJ_

PJ_ Initiate (152) Nov 13, 2014 Massachusetts

Creature Comforts needs a dedicated thread. Seems like all the information (distro, releases, collabs, etc.) its always scattered throughout the whole South Atlantic forum. One of you Athens guys should start it up.

Hayden34 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.