Creature Comforts seasonal releases

Discussion in 'US - South' started by ndepriest, Jan 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ndepriest

ndepriest Initiate (155) Feb 21, 2012 Georgia
    Trader

[​IMG]

Cranberry, Raspberry and Tart Cherry Athena Paradiso coming in February. I'm going to need to stock up to have some for the summer months.

2. FATC1TY

FATC1TY Champion (891) Feb 12, 2012 Georgia

Yes.. could bump my Westbrooke Gose out for summer beer..

Loved the guava passionfruit one.

3. GDawgs34

GDawgs34 Initiate (0) Feb 16, 2014 Georgia

Going to be tough to come by. I cant wait till they are able to produce enough to meet the demand

4. Mantooth

Mantooth Initiate (0) Dec 6, 2011 North Carolina

LOL - I just started an "anything going on in Athens this weekend" thread, then I saw this.

When's it coming out?

5. TBBAGBIF

TBBAGBIF Initiate (0) Jun 18, 2015 Georgia

6. Mantooth

Mantooth Initiate (0) Dec 6, 2011 North Carolina

Thanks - any specific dates out there? I'll check their website. I'm just outside Charlotte - so it's a tiny haul, but always worth it. I love what CC's doing.

I love Trappeze too - although the servers were a bit on the - uh - shitty side, last time I was there. But they were slammed - big Backstage release, multiple years of KBS, CBS & Blushing Monk.

7. TBBAGBIF

Nothing more specific than February. I'm sure as it gets closer more info will come on release dates.

8. itsmetimd

itsmetimd Initiate (45) Jan 28, 2009 Georgia

I hope this is OK to post here but if not please feel free to remove.

We interviewed Creature Comforts on Beer Guys Radio last week, you can check out the show here. They talk about their expansion plans that include adding more fermenters and another brite, and then opening a second brewing facility. They also have plans to open a separate facility for their sour beers. We ran out of time for the segment we did with them on sour beer but we'll do an all sour show soon and include that.

I'm really looking forward to this beer, I love the Paradiso series. That Guava + Passionfruit is so good.

9. GDawgs34

GDawgs34 Initiate (0) Feb 16, 2014 Georgia

Did they mention if the second facility would be in Georgia or another state?

10. MizzDizz

MizzDizz Initiate (0) Sep 16, 2015 Georgia

Good luck getting any. I'm starting to wonder if Creature Comforts is worth the fuss, if they can't even mildly meet demand. I haven't seen an IPA but once in ATL. C'mon!

11. ndepriest

ndepriest Initiate (155) Feb 21, 2012 Georgia
    Trader

So it's Creature Comforts fault their beer is popular? They're brewing at capacity. Deal with it or don't drink their beer, but it's a silly thing to whine about.

Hayden34, TBBAGBIF, PJ_ and 1 other person like this.
  12. FATC1TY

Must not be looking hard enough. I can get tropicalia on the regular every week if I wanted to, and usually it's 2 days to 2 weeks old at worst.

And I'm even south of the city..

TBBAGBIF and GDawgs34 like this.
  13. karamchandani

karamchandani Initiate (0) Aug 22, 2013 South Carolina

Any chance there is any hanging around Athens still? Are they doing a second batch of cans?

14. DontTellMom

DontTellMom Initiate (0) Mar 1, 2016 North Carolina

I reached out to a few friends down in that area because I'm going to be making a trip through Atlanta, Savannah, and Charleston in 2 weeks. I was hoping I'd still be able to find some Paradiso somewhere but that doesn't seem to be the case. From what I heard it's pretty much gone off of shelves. Was told that most places do not expect to receive a second shipment. If anyone has heard otherwise, feel free to correct me.

15. NoleBeerNoleFun

NoleBeerNoleFun Initiate (115) Aug 17, 2015 Florida
    Trader

Drank a ton of this and Emergence at HD with no line at Creature Comforts Booth most of the day because they had the terrible misfortune to be stuck near the 3 Sons and Mazurt Booths and massive lines those 2 had all day so I honestly think people did not try and fight through that gauntlet to get to CC...their loss

FATC1TY, GDawgs34 and TBBAGBIF like this.
  16. FATC1TY

Paradiso is pretty much gone. Went fast and no second wave.

DontTellMom and TBBAGBIF like this.
  17. emr25

emr25 Initiate (0) Mar 19, 2011 Georgia

Anywhere I can get a pour of Paradiso on tap tomorrow in the ATL area? I know I missed the cans, but it's frustrating to be in the same state (Savannah area) and not get to try most of Creature Comforts releases!

You can PM me if you know of somewhere that has it on tap. Thanks!

18. swortman25

swortman25 Initiate (0) Nov 7, 2013 Georgia

Taco Mac Kennesaw had it on this week

19. emr25

Any chance of finding Cosmik Debris cans in the Athens area on Saturday? I'll be in ATL tomorrow afternoon for the weekend and plan to hit Creature Comforts during their Saturday tour hours. It'd be great to find a 4-pack to bring home!

20. jumboj11

jumboj11 Initiate (195) May 24, 2009 Georgia

sounds like Athens started getting cans yesterday and today, so you've got a solid shot.

21. UGA45211

UGA45211 Initiate (115) Jun 20, 2015 Georgia

Green's twitter account says they will be getting some tomorrow, says will tweet when arrives.

22. emr25

Thanks for the replies. I'll be getting up to ATL around 5PM, not sure how quick the usual spots will sell out. Sounds like I'll have a shot to find it somewhere.

23. AMDGFenter

AMDGFenter Initiate (89) Apr 1, 2011 Colorado

This is a bit out in the sticks, but Hometown Spirits in Flowery Branch had singles of Cosmik Debris available (I was there today)

UGA45211 likes this.
  24. UGA45211

UGA45211 Initiate (115) Jun 20, 2015 Georgia

This has nothing to do with cosmic debris, but I figured yall might wanna know. According to beer street journal & the beer connoisseur, The King's Ransom will release at the brewery in 12oz cans on April 8th.

25. Dil_thebeerdrinking_do

Dil_thebeerdrinking_do Initiate (0) Jan 21, 2014 Georgia

Well you know the thread name is for Athena Paradiso anyways soooooo we are way off topic anyways/

26. emr25

Yeah, sorry about that. I didn't know if the plan was to make a new thread for each seasonal can, but I figured the right people would respond to this one.

I'd be in full support of someone starting a Creature Comforts Limited Release thread and using that for anything outside of their year-round stuff. Always good to know what might be available when I head to ATL from Savannah.

27. RDMII

RDMII Initiate (0) Apr 11, 2010 Georgia

If you're hitting Atlanta at 5pm, you're out. The Cosmik Debris drops tomorrow will be super limited, and the hype machine is already double any other release from them. I fielded over three dozen calls today looking for it, and we haven't chimed in at all about our delivery. Green's and likely Tower are going to be a shitshow and anyone else getting it won't get much.

28. PJ_

PJ_ Initiate (152) Nov 13, 2014 Massachusetts

Can OP still change the title? As I mention in another topic, CC deserves a dedicated thread. This one has good recent info so you guys should keep rolling. (It will help minimize the weekly "im driving through X town in GA, where can i find CC?" Threads).

29. FATC1TY

I'll change the thread.

Also- cosmic debris should be out. I got some already south of Atlanta.

Canned 2 days ago! Great tasting stuff this year.

And boooo to the stores selling them by the can.. What a crock if you get stuck doing that.

Hayden34, PJ_ and TBBAGBIF like this.
  30. Dil_thebeerdrinking_do

If that happens I will walk out lol. Waiting on some growler stations to get some so I can get crowlers/growlers! I believe last year I downed 64 oz. alone one afternoon. It was clutch.

31. Crim122

Crim122 Initiate (0) Aug 4, 2014 North Carolina

I think i am going to take the long route to Tampa next time I go down so I can stop at this brewery .

32. PJ_

PJ_ Initiate (152) Nov 13, 2014 Massachusetts

That's crazy. Was it the same with Koko and Paradiso? I'd be pissed as a store employee just having to pull all cans out of those plastic holders. I had it at the brewery last week and it was fantastic as last year.

BTW, really digging the simplicity of the King's Ransom cans
    [​IMG]

TBBAGBIF likes this.
  33. RDMII

While that's irritating, some stores, a lot of them, only get one case. Paradiso and Koko Buni were the same way, so limited and so spread out over such a wide distro that few places barely got any. 24 cans are going to go fast as hell regardless, but selling them in 4pks means it's gone before anyone can even get their keys out to start driving over. That, for retail stores, creates a ton of backlash. People are very quick to think the store is holding out or has screwed them over and they're very vocal about it. No matter what the store gets it's better to have 12 or 24 people happy and thousands angry then to have only six people happy. Even then, those six people are still bummed they couldn't buy a whole case. So what do they do? The best thing would be to just refuse it entirely and avoid all the drama, but everyone wants a piece of the pie.

All the anger really should be directed elsewhere. The brewery can't make bigger batches, and they've signed on to supply their home market first and foremost so that alone cuts availability in half. Distributors play favorites to certain accounts, and bigger accounts in general are going to get a bigger allotment anyway, so the stores only getting a single case are on the bottom of the food chain so to speak. Then some retailers, I won't say who, keep half of what they get for themselves. So hating on the good retailers who are just trying to spread the wealth to as many people as possible doesn't make it any better for anyone. If they refused it and let someone else pick it up, they're just as guilty for 'cheating' people out of the beer. It's a no win situation for anyone, but the blame really should fall higher up.

34. TBBAGBIF

On another social media site where people TALK about BEER some guy going by the handle BTyers (Blake Tyers? Creature Comforts' Head Brewer) said that there will be more Cosmik Debris than there was Athena Paradiso or Koko Buni.

35. Dil_thebeerdrinking_do

I keep hearing 60k cases of cosmic compared to 6k cases of koko/paradiso. Do not know if there will be a few batches of cosmik or not but that is the word Ive been hearing.

36. RDMII

I'm hoping there will be multiple batches, maybe that will decrease the amount of violence. :slight_smile:

37. Dil_thebeerdrinking_do

I saw it when they were brewing koko and paradise... it cut the availability of trop I felt. At least in Atlanta. I went 3 or 4 months without any :slight_frown:

38. FATC1TY

Wasn't hating on a stores choice to do that, it's their store, and their inventory to handle.

I just hate to ask for it, and be told it's being sold as singles. I'd still buy if I wanted to try, but it does suck. Sucks for everyone all the way round.

39. FATC1TY

There was plenty of Koko around I thought. I still have close to a case I bet left after sending out tons and drinking tons.

Athena Paradiso was a quick flash. I didn't get as much, and wasn't able to share too terribly much. My wife drank a ton of it though, so maybe thats why it seemed faster.

I hope Cosmic sticks around for atleast 2 months. Supply early, seems promising. Much more than Paradiso, and similar in numbers to Koko.

Hayden34 likes this.
  40. GeorgiaKiwi

GeorgiaKiwi Initiate (0) Dec 7, 2007 Georgia

One of my liocal guys got 2 cases and was doing a 2 can limit. The other place had a worker sell someone 3 packs out of their one case, when he was not supposed to . Still there will be a bunch more of Cosmic over the next couple of months supposedly.

Hayden34 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.