Creature Comforts, The Curious No. 2, The Curious No. 3

Discussion in 'US - South' started by ndepriest, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ndepriest

ndepriest Initiate (155) Feb 21, 2012 Georgia
    Trader

[​IMG]

From CC: "We have a very special tour coming up soon! More details will be announced next week. Stay tuned & Stay Curious!"

About The Curious No. 2: A blonde American Brett beer refermented with kiwi and pineapple juice.

About The Curious No. 3: 100% Brett fermented Reclaimed Rye aged in a Willet bourbon barrel and refermented with blackberries.

2. Immortale25

Immortale25 Poo-Bah (3,437) May 13, 2011 North Carolina
    Society Trader

Both sound pretty damn good

colt3ninja likes this.
  3. Rlove3

Rlove3 Initiate (0) Mar 22, 2015 North Carolina

Yep, I'm gonna need these

4. inspektor

inspektor Zealot (501) Jun 20, 2009 North Carolina
    Trader

Was there ever a Curious No. 1? Just curious....

floridadrift likes this.
  5. RDMII

RDMII Initiate (0) Apr 11, 2010 Georgia

Yes.

swortman25 likes this.
  6. weaverr

weaverr Aspirant (203) Jun 10, 2008 California

That's pretty awesome. Those were probably my 2 favorite beers at their anniversary party.

7. SoCaliC8

SoCaliC8 Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2010 Idaho

I'll be here Saturday - hoping to get these.....if possible

8. DeadWalkerAir

DeadWalkerAir Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2014 South Carolina

Let's get some details folks!

9. Asalsberry

Asalsberry Initiate (69) Sep 24, 2015 Georgia

I keep watching their Twitter and IG, I'll post some info as soon as they do.

10. jrob21

jrob21 Disciple (398) May 4, 2006 Georgia
    Trader

At this point, there is no need to post here. Everyone that wants to know has plenty of ways to find out.

The_FishermanJay likes this.
  11. Asalsberry

Potentially. But I don't see the harm, especially for those who spend more time here on BA than other places on the Internet.

#11 Asalsberry, Jan 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
    mjk91383 likes this.
  12. RDMII

Their own website will have all the details.

13. Asalsberry

Right. But a large portion of all the information found on this website can be found elsewhere on the web, and people post it anyway. I don't know if I understand why people have an aversion to this info about a beer release/event being posted in an online beer community.

Are we trying to keep this a secret in case these beers turn into #whalezbro right out of the gate, or what? Did I miss the memo?

14. GeorgiaKiwi

GeorgiaKiwi Initiate (0) Dec 7, 2007 Georgia

Hopefully they will not do it the same day as Atlanta Cask Ale.

15. swortman25

swortman25 Initiate (0) Nov 7, 2013 Georgia

I heard the 24th, but who knows

16. RDMII

Bingo. I've never understood the need to rehash every single thing over and over again. Makes no sense to me. I's not just on BA, but every forum known. Why not just find the info, read it, and move on? People are capable of typing stuff into the goggle search bar, trust me. No need to continually put stuff all over the entire internet then keep dredging it back up every five minutes.

The_FishermanJay likes this.
  17. The_FishermanJay

The_FishermanJay Zealot (525) May 16, 2010 Florida
    Society Trader

The only thing I'd humbly disagree with in your post is that sentence. And frankly, not that they're incapable so much as unwilling (which is a nice way of saying lazy). Hence the near-weekly birth of strings such as, "I'm going to <fill in a well-known beer town> next week. Good beer there? Plan my trip for me," when those strings already exist ... in multiples. Carry on ...

TBBAGBIF and kegnation like this.
  18. TBBAGBIF

TBBAGBIF Initiate (0) Jun 18, 2015 Georgia

Since everyone is capable of using the internet to find information I decided not to mention that Creature Comforts announced the details of the Curious No. 2 and No. 3 release today.

19. Ca42

Ca42 Initiate (84) Aug 15, 2014 Florida
    Trader

Are these bottles only available through the tour ?
    Thank you

20. HopDawg03

HopDawg03 Initiate (0) Jan 12, 2015 Georgia

Yes, brewery tour release only, same as StS

21. Mangbus

Mangbus Initiate (0) Aug 25, 2014 Florida

22. Mangbus

More info:

Direct Link > http://www.creaturecomfortsbeer.com/calendar/2016/1/15/the-curious-beer-tour

additional details from the site:
    For this anticipated, special tour, we will offer a special tour and tasting with our Brewmaster and Head Brewer, limited edition glassware, 36 ozs of onsite samples with a special draft list that includes The Curious beers, (1) 500 mL souvenir bottle of The Curious No. 2, (1) 500 mL souvenir bottle of The Curious No. 3, and live jazz!

The National has teamed up with us to pair small plates with The Curious beer, which will be complimentary during the tour.

About the beers:

The Curious No. 2 is our first award-winning beer, taking the bronze medal at the Great American Beer Festival in 2014. It is a blonde American Brett Beer refermented with cold pressed organic kiwi and pineapple juice.

The Curious No. 3 is an Amber Wild Ale fermented in a second use Willett bourbon barrel with our house mixed culture, refermented on blackberries, and then bottle conditioned.

There are very limited quantities of tour vouchers, so get one while you can!

NorthCoastPranqster likes this.
  23. Ca42

Ca42 Initiate (84) Aug 15, 2014 Florida
    Trader

Was hoping it would be a little more available. Oh well, hope the ones that do go enjoy it.

24. Braddaniell

Braddaniell Initiate (0) Jan 1, 2015 Georgia

Promo code required for purchase?

25. Mangbus

shows sold out for me.

26. mondegreen

mondegreen Devotee (442) Nov 4, 2009 Georgia

From 1:00 to 1:02, it asked for a promo code. I kept trying and at about 1:02:30, it finally let me buy one.

I'm grateful I got one. Looks like quite a few people got shut out. Wonder what the total count is?

27. conoraugustine

conoraugustine Initiate (0) Feb 17, 2015 North Carolina

they forgot to mention there was a promo code. not sure if that was a mistake on their part but it sold out in 3 minutes. lol. well at least I don't have to drive 4 hours to athens now

28. conoraugustine

if the window that allowed buying a ticket was like 30 seconds then I guess the count was extremely low

29. conoraugustine

thank god for wicked weed. they know how to do a beer release

c64person likes this.
  30. mondegreen

mondegreen Devotee (442) Nov 4, 2009 Georgia

Creature Comforts just has to get production up to meet demand. They'll get there. Sucks that so many people got shut out, though.

31. TBBAGBIF

Yeah cuz there were no issues with the mobile site not working for the Golden Angel release. Or in 2014 for the Dark Arts release, when the site didn't work until 15 minutes after they were supposed to go on sale.

Pretty much all online tickets have their issues and the in demand ones are a true crapshoot. I still prefer that to waiting in line overnight/several hours.

The_FishermanJay and odcardinal like this.
  32. NorthCoastPranqster

NorthCoastPranqster Aspirant (285) Aug 14, 2013 Georgia

I was lucky enough to get a ticket also. I'll see you there!

33. VinceMig

VinceMig Initiate (0) Jun 21, 2013 Georgia

Really hard to blame breweries for something wrong with the ticketing vendor. The STS and Brettomatic releases went on just fine as far as I recall.

In any event, looking forward to this. See folks there.

34. NorthCoastPranqster

About 30 minutes before the ticket release, I tweeted Creature Comforts about the Promo Code requirement and they said that it would be removed at 1pm. Unfortunately for some people, the Xorbia rep didn't remove it until 1:02-1:03. I just kept refreshing the page until it was removed.

35. VinceMig

VinceMig Initiate (0) Jun 21, 2013 Georgia

Browser caching is a hell of a thing. Plenty of people were going to get shut out regardless. They are very limited beers.

TBBAGBIF likes this.
  36. TBBAGBIF

But even if it had gotten removed at 1 that didn't mean anyone online at 1 would have had a better chance. It was all a crapshoot.

The real problem is with people who had stuff in their cart and went to check out and got an error message saying their time had run out.

37. jumboj11

jumboj11 Initiate (195) May 24, 2009 Georgia

Having the event page be up beforehand, with a promo code option that was to be removed makes no sense. Why have any stipulation for a promo code prior to 1 PM unless they gave said code to select people to secure tickets? I love Creature Comforts, and will be back despite getting shut out, but it definitely opens them up to the possibly that something shady was going on.

38. bparker551

bparker551 Aspirant (206) Jan 6, 2015 North Carolina
    Trader

Talking with some CC peeps, there are less than a couple hundred of each of these bottles. Instawhale?

39. NorthCoastPranqster

I don't think anything shady was going on. Maybe they gave the promo code to a select few friends/reps/other brewers, to make sure they got a ticket. If that was the reason for the promo code, I'm OK with it.

VinceMig likes this.
  40. jumboj11

jumboj11 Initiate (195) May 24, 2009 Georgia

I'm not saying that anything shady did go on; but it definitely makes you wonder question why it was required prior to onsale.. If nothing else because I'm a fan of CC, it sucks they went this route because it opens the door for people to think something was up.

VinceMig likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.