Crooked Stave Table Beer

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by Rendrag, Dec 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rendrag

Rendrag Initiate (0) Nov 25, 2014 Minnesota

Has anyone had this? Has anyone else seen other Crooked Stave beer in MN recently?

2. Jack_Deichert

Jack_Deichert Initiate (100) May 20, 2014 Minnesota
    Trader

I've had a couple of their wild wild brett's recently.

3. jera1350

jera1350 Poo-Bah (2,557) Dec 15, 2007 Minnesota
    Society

Are you saying that you've seen this beer in MN? If so, where's abouts?

4. Jack_Deichert

Jack_Deichert Initiate (100) May 20, 2014 Minnesota
    Trader

Pretty sure it's Colorado only. I had a friend bring me some.

5. HomeBrewed

HomeBrewed Initiate (197) Dec 10, 2006 Minnesota
    Brewery

CS is distributed outside of Colorado.

6. MNBeerGeek

MNBeerGeek Zealot (588) Jun 25, 2013 Minnesota
    Trader

I haven't seen the table beer, but I saw Crooked Stave over Thanksgiving weekend both in ND and MN. I hadn't seen it before.

7. BrettHead

BrettHead Zealot (504) Sep 18, 2010 Nebraska

8. DecorahNM

DecorahNM Initiate (98) Jun 6, 2013 Iowa
    Trader

Hadn't heard about this! Hopefully, it shows up in quantity. I thought both the Evil Twin and the Stillwater versions were excellent.

BrettHead likes this.
  9. Rendrag

That is the beer. I've only seen the Crooked Stave which comes through the 12% Distribution, which are collaborations. I know the Fargo/Moorhead area of MN has different distributors/importers than the Metro Area, leading to a different beer selection. I should have made my question more specific: has anyone seen Crooked Stave (Colorado brewed) bottles in the Metro Area?

BrettHead likes this.
  10. Rajaholick

Rajaholick Initiate (157) Jan 9, 2011 Minnesota
    Trader

Haven't seen any yet. I was at a beer store this afternoon and heard a distributor talking about it though. Sounded like most specialty stores in the area will get a half or full case of this. Probably starting later this week or early next week.
    I've got mad eaves dropping skills yo

11. Mick83

Mick83 Initiate (0) Jan 2, 2011 Minnesota

20 cases, 1/2 case per store, table beer only so far. Retail around $11.99. Same distributor has a bunch of new Evil Twin in this week. Molotov lite = Abrasive.

BrettHead likes this.
  12. BeerBuyerBill

BeerBuyerBill Initiate (120) Jul 23, 2012 Minnesota
    Trader

This is a beer made by Crooked for Table Beer which is part of 12 Percent Imports.
    It doesn't mean Crooked Stave is being distributed in MN.

Chaz likes this.
  13. MNBeerGeek

Trader

It is, though. I saw Vieille and Surette on the shelf at a store in Western MN over Thanksgiving. I go to that store about once a month and it wasn't there last time. The beer manager there said they just got it in.

14. Rendrag

How far north of the Metro area is this west-MN store located?

15. MNBeerGeek

Trader

Moorhead, MN. So I have no idea what distributor or anything, but there it was.

Rendrag likes this.
  16. treznor

treznor Zealot (558) Dec 20, 2006 North Carolina
    Trader

Saw CS Table Beer at France 44 tonight for anyone interested.

Rendrag likes this.
  17. b33rknuts

b33rknuts Initiate (98) Feb 2, 2011 Minnesota

Clear River picked them up, I'm meeting with the sales rep at 12:30, I'll let you all know what I find out.

Chaz and Mplsmetro57 like this.
  18. doner24

doner24 Initiate (99) Apr 16, 2013 Minnesota

If it's true that we are going to get CS distro here I am an extremely happy guy. They've started with 5 beers in new markets and hopefully the disbandment of the Reserve club could mean some special releases down the road.

19. b33rknuts

b33rknuts Initiate (98) Feb 2, 2011 Minnesota

So, unfortunately I wasn't able to get a straight answer on this, it had a kind of "top secret" vibe. I'm pretty good at reading in between the lines, and it seems that for now we might just be seeing limited allocations of Beer Table Table Beer, until things develop a little more. The Westbrook facility also brews many of Jeppe's beers for Evil Twin, which makes me think that this is a very convenient starting point for distribution here being that Clear River has pretty regular shipments coming in from this area, but they also have shipments coming in from Crazy Mountain so the logistics shouldnt hurt them too much. So, for now I don't think we can count on seeing anything else from CS, but that doesn't mean it won't be happening in the near future.

Rendrag likes this.
  20. doner24

doner24 Initiate (99) Apr 16, 2013 Minnesota

Eventually it makes sense, as Crooked Stave seems to go with whatever distributor 12 Percent works with in the area, and judging by the accounts that Clear River handles it would be them.

21. MJSawyer

MJSawyer Aspirant (209) Aug 16, 2013 Minnesota

Princetons in maple Grove has it

22. WellRested518

WellRested518 Aspirant (234) Mar 7, 2014 New York

Picked up one in Vt two days ago. Craft beer cellar in waterbury had quite a few.

23. Buzzerben

Buzzerben Initiate (115) Jul 21, 2007 Minnesota

Huh?

Rendrag and BrettHead like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.