Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Canada Cross-country trading

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Ivanhoes_Backpack, Dec 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ivanhoes_Backpack

Ivanhoes_Backpack Mar 15, 2012 New Brunswick (Canada)

Hey guys,

I've long exhausted my local selection here in New Brunswick. Was just wondering if anyone on the other side of this massive country of ours would be interested in trading locals for locals.

I'd love to get my hands on some BC beers (preferably Driftwood, Central City, etc. - Granville Island and Okanagan Springs have found their way out here), and others from Alberta (Alley Kat, etc.) , Saskatchewan (Paddock Wood, Bushwakker, etc.), Manitoba (Half Pints, etc.) - even Ontario and Quebec beers are a rarity here in NB and I'd be open to them. Or American beers from the West Coast area that make their way into BC/AB would be great.

I've got whatever one can get in NB (feel free to check www.anbl.ca for products), but that consists mostly of Picaroons (2011 CBA brewery of the year), Pumphouse (2005 and 2007 CBA brewery of the year), Garrison, Propeller, Gahan, Shiretown and Unibroue for locals, and a decent selection of UK beers by Fuller's, Innis & Gunn, as well as some good German beers like Aventinus, Erdinger, etc. and some Belgians like Delirium Tremens, Orval, La Trappe, etc.

I also sometimes find my way to Maine, where the selection is way better, and can easily get my hands on many Founder's, Allagash, Maine Beer, Shipyard, etc., etc.

Anyway, hit me up, and let's figure something out.

2. Lurkaholic

Lurkaholic Jun 14, 2013 British Columbia (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Hey man! Right now a lot of the traders are waiting until the weather warms up, as the risk of beers freezing is a real issue- if you posted this thread again in the Spring I'm pretty sure you'd get some bites, especially if you had some Maine beers to offer too.

3. Ivanhoes_Backpack

Ivanhoes_Backpack Mar 15, 2012 New Brunswick (Canada)

Yeah eh? I'll keep that in mind. Might you be among the biters?

SebD and Lurkaholic like this.
  4. wesbray

wesbray Feb 29, 2012 Alberta (Canada)
    Beer Trader

I would love to trade. I'm in Alberta so I have quite a few different Alley Kat bottles to trade. Especially if you can get some of the US beers you mentioned!

5. Lurkaholic

Lurkaholic Jun 14, 2013 British Columbia (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Oh twist my rubber arm why don't you :) Let's chat come springtime.

6. PINOT8

PINOT8 Nov 2, 2013 Ontario (Canada)
    Beer Trader

I would be interested.
    PM me what your looking for.

I also have acess to quite the collection of american beers, being just across the border in Niagara.
    However, with your proximity to maine whats your access to say... lunch IPA from maine brewing company?

However, I do agree I could see the weather proving to be an issue.

@ westbray: I would be interested in getting some alley cat brews PM me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe