Cycle/ccb bottle releases

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by Jerseybeerlover609, Sep 27, 2015.

1. FrankenMiller

FrankenMiller Initiate (110) Mar 5, 2014 Florida
    Beer Trader

Taco chino on mills is fing amazing

Beer_Economicus likes this.
  2. thirstygator

thirstygator Initiate (176) Mar 29, 2012 Florida
    Beer Trader

Black Rooster, Tako Cheena and Hunger Street Tacos in Orlando.

3. wesbourne

wesbourne Aspirant (264) Dec 27, 2013 Florida
    Beer Trader

Definitely agree Black Rooster is my go to (go with the Guac and their Black Rooster Taco). Across the street Pig Floyds is killer if you want BBQ and they're both really close to GB Bottle Shop / Thirsty Topher / Ten10 and Redlight Redlight.

4. Adrena1ine

Adrena1ine Aspirant (238) Nov 22, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

Thanks all much appreciated. Looking forward to a great week of Florida's finest liquids, tacos, and cuban food

5. Bfairhurst74

Bfairhurst74 Initiate (175) Nov 16, 2014 Florida
    Beer Trader

In Tampa you have to go to Loli's tacos. It's near the airport so not too far from CCB. It's well worth the trip. It's a no frills place, very small but some of the best tacos I've ever had and I've eaten a lot of tacos. :D

NGT_TPA and Deltoro like this.
  6. Yabey

Yabey Initiate (133) Mar 18, 2016 Florida
    Beer Trader

Tako Cheena and Black Rooster are both great, if your going to be around the Universal area at all then Border Grill is a must for tacos!

7. dsigmon

dsigmon Zealot (542) Jun 20, 2007 Florida
    Beer Trader

Uhhh...well...that's because it was called "Peach Whalez" not Whalez 3.0...I'm sorry I call things by their actual name and not some random name you decided to make up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lare453 likes this.
  8. NGT_TPA

NGT_TPA Initiate (127) May 23, 2017 Florida
    Beer Trader

I LOVED PEACH WHALEZ, just killed the second bottle I had last week, amazing.

The cycle line was crazy compared to most of the recent ones. I was able to get back in line...had to get my local buddy his bottles. I got there at 6am, I was within the first 75 people. Got back in line at 8:15 after first allotment and was done by 9:20...love the way they run lines.

The sour festival was alright, a lot of brewers weren't there. I heard something about home brewers were told last min they were not allowed, so half of the taps weren't there. That's just what I heard, may not be correct info. Arkane stole the show imo, can't elope was incredible.

dsigmon likes this.
  9. Bfairhurst74

Beer Trader

I was wondering why it seemed like there wasn't a whole lot of beer there. I felt like I kept drinking the same things over and over. Not in a bad way tho.

And yes Arkane did have some of the best beer there. The taste the rainbow is absolutely incredible! But if you frequent their taproom this is not a surprise. Arkane has become one of my favorite places to go, everything they make is solid. I'm looking forward to their anniversary party in a few weeks.

Sabtos likes this.
  10. Lare453

Lare453 Meyvn (1,312) Feb 1, 2012 Florida
    Beer Trader

Bar taco
    Red mesa
    Taco bus

11. Thirst_trappist

Thirst_trappist Initiate (75) Jan 18, 2016 Florida
    Beer Trader

But you did make up one....that's why I had to correct you. ;)

come on....you had half a brain to finally parse the words.....but you just wanted to be difficult. Get over yourself. It's not that serious Haha.

12. NGT_TPA

Beer Trader

Also, taste the rainbow wasn't new. I had it for beer week...it was and still is delicious. I'll be there for the anny in a few weeks also, cheers!

13. Freshly_Squeezed_Ry

Freshly_Squeezed_Ry Initiate (134) Feb 9, 2017 Florida
    Beer Trader

Were you by chance with the group that shared Maple Vlad? That beer was awesome.

14. NGT_TPA

Beer Trader

I was not. I was with the guy that was walking around with black tuesday and de garde. I walked around with Upland sours.

15. Freshly_Squeezed_Ry

Beer Trader

We must not have been as close in line as I thought. I was the back of the line at 8:20. Anyhow, if the guy sharing Maple Vlad is in this thread, thank you

16. ukwildcat1995

ukwildcat1995 Initiate (197) May 24, 2015 Florida
    Beer Trader

Anyone know what bottles, if any, are available for onsite consumption only today at Cigar City?

17. Sphilups

Sphilups Initiate (111) Dec 15, 2016 Florida

Surprised nobody posted about double barrel cinnamon rare dos..anybody know when the release is?

strikertown likes this.
  18. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (2,738) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Beer Trader

Looks like they're holding the back release date for now.

I'm more curious about whether anyone knows which cinnamon whiskey barrels they used for this and Big Adventure...hoping against Fireball.

Gibspeed likes this.
  19. Freshly_Squeezed_Ry

Beer Trader

I thought Big Adventure was awesome, so I would not be upset if they used the same style barrels.

20. dsigmon

dsigmon Zealot (542) Jun 20, 2007 Florida
    Beer Trader

CCB Growler Tuesday: Nelson Goes to Space Camp

"Please note this will be our last Growler Tuesday. Instead of this program we will be refocusing out efforts on crafting exciting treatment offerings to be available at all times on our growler bar...including Growler Tuesday greatest hits."

21. Jdub2839

Jdub2839 Aspirant (277) Mar 15, 2014 Florida
    Beer Trader

Hope that they dont go this route with El Catador

jloomis and Bfairhurst74 like this.
  22. slander420

slander420 Initiate (144) Jul 12, 2016 Florida
    Beer Trader

Pretty disappointed in this decision. I really look forward to stopping by CCB on Tuesday to pick up something cool.

Hopefully the treatments they decide to do are actually thought out in advance instead of the weird stuff they have had on lately.

23. colt3ninja

colt3ninja Aspirant (221) Sep 27, 2014 Florida
    Beer Trader

I love ccb but let's not pretend that a lot of the treatments were forgettable. I hope this new method proves to be more successful going forward!

Bfairhurst74 likes this.
  24. lionelhutz23

lionelhutz23 Initiate (189) Jul 21, 2014 Florida
    Beer Trader

Growler Tuesday was cool when something good was put on. 90% of the time it was an IPA with some random fruit treatment or a brown ale with cinnamon.

Lare453 and Thirst_trappist like this.
  25. slander420

slander420 Initiate (144) Jul 12, 2016 Florida
    Beer Trader

I'm not a CCB homer by any means but you guys aren't giving them enough credit. In the last 4 months they have released a nice list of Tuesday Growlers. We have had:
    Rye Whiskey Penultimate
    Brandy Bolita
    Xquic
    BA Strong Ale
    Vendemia De marzo
    Guyabera DH w/ galaxy
    Marshmallow Huna
    Rum Huna
    And the IIPA on yesterday is pretty damn good.

26. colt3ninja

colt3ninja Aspirant (221) Sep 27, 2014 Florida
    Beer Trader

Yeah, the last few months were great. However, that was not always the case. Just when it was getting good they stop it.

27. Jdub2839

Jdub2839 Aspirant (277) Mar 15, 2014 Florida
    Beer Trader

This goes back to what I said earlier, heard mention that this El Cat round will be the greatest hits and next round might be the last one they do.

Freshly_Squeezed_Ry likes this.
  28. MHorridge

MHorridge Aspirant (257) May 16, 2010 Florida
    Beer Trader

Metaphorically, this is 1993 and all the cats who wore MC Hammer pants the year before are denying they ever did. No one wants to be associated with last year's trend.

The passage of time tends to burnish "passé" into "retro." Eventually, it'll be OK again to admit you wore the pants "back in the day."

jloomis, BKnarr and HeartofMiami like this.
  29. Bfairhurst74

Beer Trader

Last el cat? I really don't see that happening. OB just started their own version based off el cat. It's a huge cash injection for the company as well.

Lare453 and Jdub2839 like this.
  30. FrankenMiller

Beer Trader

OB?

31. HeartofMiami

HeartofMiami Crusader (735) Sep 20, 2014 Florida
    Beer Trader

Oskar Blues

Elkevjoe likes this.
  32. FrankenMiller

Beer Trader

So many acronyms. But I heard the OB one was kinda lame. Compared to the cost.

Plus I had my head in FL breweries so i was thinking Orange Blossom, Orange Belt.... why would they have a club. LOL

33. MJS08

MJS08 Initiate (147) Jul 29, 2014 Florida
    Supporter Subscriber

Apple Brandy Ten Fidy?

34. MyakkaRiver

MyakkaRiver Aspirant (229) Jan 28, 2015 Florida
    Beer Trader

It looks like there are 2 more DB DOS bottles dropping, instead of just one. One being DB coffee (purple and red label) and the other being DB hazelnut (pink and red label).

35. Joehio

Joehio Initiate (116) Sep 7, 2016 Florida

Who thinks there are 3 more coming, perhaps chocolate, vanilla and maple? Then we get 5 week day releases like everything else they do.

36. LennyRubio

LennyRubio Initiate (170) May 31, 2012 Florida
    Beer Trader

vanilla was released a few weeks back, I think cinnamon/hazelnut are due up next

Thirst_trappist likes this.
  37. Joehio

Joehio Initiate (116) Sep 7, 2016 Florida

True. Forgot the vanilla already came and went. It wasn't cinnamon like these last 2 though. Hopefully we don't have to wait much longer for release dates if it isn't a full week of beer.

38. NoleBeerNoleFun

NoleBeerNoleFun Initiate (164) Aug 17, 2015 Florida
    Supporter Beer Trader

I'm starting to wonder if these might be the first two of 5 Releases for their Anniversary Week which is fast approaching?

39. NewmansOwn

NewmansOwn Aspirant (225) Jun 25, 2016 New York

I'll be in Tampa the week of August 14th, is that when their anniversary is?

40. swortman25

swortman25 Aspirant (218) Nov 7, 2013 Georgia
    Beer Trader

I believe 8/15 is the actual date

NewmansOwn likes this.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.