Dallas trip (north Dallas area)

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by brewnic, Feb 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brewnic

brewnic Aspirant (255) Oct 7, 2010 Minnesota
    Trader

I know these are almost a dime a dozen but I did some looking on the SW forums to help plan my trip to Dallas next week but I am going to look for some specifics I haven’t been able to nail down.

I get into town Monday 5/15 afternoon will be open all that day to travel and hit up places. Tuesday till Friday I will be in Addison and will need to be more local because I will be traveling with a larger team. If any place allows BYOB I would be happy to bring down some beers to open from MN/WI.

So I am looking for recommendations for overall places to hit on Monday and local places around Addison to go to the rest of the week. Want to hit a few bars/breweries, local keg trappings, bottle shops and also looking for food recommendations in Addison. Would like to find anyone has recommendations for BBQ in the Addison area or within a 15 min car ride.

Right now looks like a few good recommendations for the uptown area for Monday night.

Thanks for your help.

2. Pldevo

Pldevo Initiate (0) Jul 25, 2015 New Hampshire

Flying Saucer in Addison - Beer emporium
    Meddlesome Moth in the Design District - Restaurant with great taps
    Lonestar Beverages in Carrollton - Bottle Shop
    Pecan Lodge in Deep Ellum - BBQ (get the burnt ends and beef rib if available)

3. donspublic

donspublic Poo-Bah (1,993) Aug 4, 2014 Texas
    Society Trader

Second Meddlesome Moth
    Social House in Addison had some nice beers on tap when we were there 2 weeks ago, but that place becomes a shit show on weekends after 11 or 12. I suggest you check out taphunter and you can look around and see what is available

brock125 likes this.
  4. NDogg44

NDogg44 Initiate (115) Oct 21, 2015 Texas
    Trader

If you go to Social House, go on Tuesday - every beer they have on tap is $3. It's a good spot to hit for dinner and a couple drinks.

5. thirdeye11

thirdeye11 Initiate (0) Feb 3, 2009 Texas

Uptown recommendation:

The Common Table - great food and an excellent always-rotating beer list.

6. gvhDan

gvhDan Initiate (0) Jan 27, 2011 Wisconsin

Please keep this rolling. I'm coming to town this weekend with my wife and we can stay anywhere in the Dallas/Ft worth area? Where do you suggest that would get us closest to good beer, decent BBQ and maybe some music. We are from WI, so we know good beer, I'm fine with country or just about any music but we don't have BBQ up here...not like you guys do.

7. donspublic

donspublic Poo-Bah (1,993) Aug 4, 2014 Texas
    Society Trader

Was there end of January (stayed at intersection of 75 & 635), while wife and daughter's checked out the bridal extravaganza me and my future son and law did the following.
    1. Lakewood
    2. Oak Highlands Brewing
    3. Texas Ale Project
    4. Community
    We finished up the night eating at Meddlesome Moth (great taps & food)
    I suggest you call any brewery you want to visit. Communities page showed they opened at 5, when we got there at 6, found out that they had been opened most of the day. Have fun

sethsticles likes this.
  8. ACGypsy

ACGypsy Initiate (0) Mar 24, 2014 Texas

You can't beat a trip to Pecan Lodge for BBQ and then a few block walk to Deep Ellum Brewing or Braindead.

gvhDan likes this.
  9. gvhDan

gvhDan Initiate (0) Jan 27, 2011 Wisconsin

Perfect plan. My wife just happen to book a hotel room a few blocks from the Pecan Lodge.

10. Persdawg

Persdawg Initiate (0) Mar 12, 2015 Texas

Only problem with thee above...is not eating too much Pecan Lodge...which has probably never been done by anyone ever.

11. Pldevo

Pldevo Initiate (0) Jul 25, 2015 New Hampshire

There will be a line at Pecan Lodge. It is worth the wait.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.