Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Dark Horse 4 Elf Party

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by ROBSTARR, Nov 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onemanswarm

onemanswarm Jul 31, 2012

I was excited to go to this event until I realized how sick some of you people are. Now I absolutely can't wait to go to this event.

lurchingbeast likes this.
  2. jbck109

jbck109 May 30, 2010 Michigan
    Beer Trader

By your screen name, I am not sure how many people want that kind of party! lol

3. TomTwanks

TomTwanks Apr 5, 2011 Ohio

Is king of the forest a sour or straight up porter? Curious of which 750s to buy here...

4. camil1mj

camil1mj Oct 4, 2010 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Sour. Taste like a caramel covered sour apple.

5. sarcastro

sarcastro Sep 20, 2006 Michigan
    Beer Trader

People don't ever buy that much of the actual 4 Elf beer.

6. burica2020

burica2020 Nov 17, 2009 Illinois

So thats why I was able to buy a four pack that was sitting around the brewpub on the floor a week or two later a few years ago. I thought it was a great beer but it was a while ago. Just funny that people will be lining up for the 4 Elf party for everything but the namesake.

strangebrew321 likes this.
  7. jbck109

jbck109 May 30, 2010 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Only if it were true...that must be what heaven will be for you.

raymo55 likes this.
  8. sarcastro

Beer Trader

The 4 Elf party has been going for awhile, but only got really popular with the release of BBPT5.

9. steebo777

steebo777 Jun 30, 2009 Michigan

5 years according to the flyer.

10. Lansman

Lansman Mar 19, 2011 Missouri
    Beer Trader

Never too late to change the name to the Plead the 5th party - make it a lot easier for BAs to show up "in costume" and get in for free.
    [​IMG]

MarkIntihar and burica2020 like this.
  11. sarcastro

Beer Trader

I wasn't sure, but I know they were overwhelmed the year they released BBPT5. I should know I was there. I dont believe they ever had close to that many people.

12. Evbowski

Evbowski Jun 30, 2010 Indiana

Guys, could use some major help here. Doesn't look like I'm going to be able to get up to Dark Horse this Saturday. Any BA willing to mule 4 bottles of King of the Forest for me? I've loved it since I had it last year. I'm in Anderson, IN and would either make it up in kind with beer or pay for the bottles and shipping. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Just BM me.

13. iceatalamo

iceatalamo Dec 13, 2011 Michigan
    Beer Trader

My pregnant wife and I went to KBS day, got up at like 5am to drive over there from Detroit. Waited in line in the cold with me the whole time and never complained once. She was also the DD home, and let me have as much as I wanted inside. She also isn't really a fan of bourbon barrel beers (she's more of an ipa girl) so I got to drink her half of the case as well. Did I mention that she gave birth to our first son 2 weeks later.....Yeah, she's a keeper!

adamdd and JohnB87 like this.
  14. TheCreamer

TheCreamer Oct 5, 2012 Michigan
    Beer Trader

She is a keeper for sure

15. burica2020

I dont think its called mule'ing when you ask someone to pick up their full allotment and then give it all to you. Thats more like caeser'ing or king george'ing.

16. Evbowski

Evbowski Jun 30, 2010 Indiana

Would anyone like to caeser or king George for me then? I'd be more than happy to get 1-2 bottles, but I just meant I would go up to 4.

Mscarpen likes this.
  17. TomD

TomD Nov 26, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

Anyone going to the event from the Pittsburgh area? I'd love a 4-pack of the BB Plead the 5th if you're not planning to buy the full 2 cases. I'd either buy it or figure out something to trade you.

18. burica2020

Now your talkin.....PM me

ravot likes this.
  19. dblab33

dblab33 Dec 9, 2011 Michigan

Lets stop resurrecting this thread from page 2 just to talk about nothing. Thanks :)

20. Marti403

Marti403 Jul 23, 2011 Michigan
    Beer Trader

I won't be buying my full allotment. If you're looking for extras (those that are attending) My wife and I may be able to help. We will be buying the full allotment of Monster/BB Monster, though. Just look for me at the party, I'll be the guy with the beard.

tat2dhllblly likes this.
  21. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Jan 8, 2011 Michigan

I'm curious as to if the King of the Forest is from last year, or if this is a new batch? Because it looks like they have even MORE this year for sale then they did last year...makes me think this is a new batch.

22. Steimie

Steimie Jan 7, 2012 Michigan

Is it correct that the pub opens @ 11am and will pretty much just have their standard lineup on tap and that the giant beer list gets tapped in the brewery @ 3pm when the bottle sales begin?

founder26 likes this.
  23. sarcastro

Beer Trader

This is how it was last year.

24. surlytheduff

surlytheduff Jul 22, 2010 Tajikistan
    Beer Trader

new batch.

25. surlytheduff

surlytheduff Jul 22, 2010 Tajikistan
    Beer Trader

Saying 'look for me, I'm the guy with a beard' at a Michigan beer event, *particularly* a Dark Horse event, isn't that helpful.

wadepressel, steebo777 and Marti403 like this.
  26. CummingsK21

CummingsK21 Nov 14, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Anyone from the Chicagoland area going that wouldnt mind grabbing me a couple 4 packs of BBPT5. Saturday is my birthday and although 4 Elf would have been an awesome birthday bash for me, I had other plans in the hopper. PM me and we can discuss what you are looking for outside of cash and carry fees.

Cheers and enjoy,
    Kyle

27. radio2525

radio2525 Feb 14, 2012 Ohio
    Beer Trader

I am coming from Cleveland and will not be getting my full allotment. If your in the area and want me to mule PM me and we can discuses trades or other payment.

28. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 Mar 19, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

That was the joke....

29. iceatalamo

iceatalamo Dec 13, 2011 Michigan
    Beer Trader

You didn't hear? Chicago is no longer invited.

30. jacob4999

jacob4999 Dec 9, 2008 Michigan

Same here man. Saturday is my birthday as well and wanted nothing more then to attend 4elf. Work screwed me over really hard though...sad face.

31. Lansman

Lansman Mar 19, 2011 Missouri
    Beer Trader

I don't see what the issue is, there will be CASES of the stuff sitting on shelves in Dekalb shortly after the event.

Bay01 likes this.
  32. elkhunter36

elkhunter36 Feb 29, 2012 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

I was bringing you some beer :(. Next time.

33. jacob4999

jacob4999 Dec 9, 2008 Michigan

Ugh...This just gets worse! lol Thanks though man I appreciate the thought. You making it to Kuhnhenn Winter Solstice?

34. elkhunter36

elkhunter36 Feb 29, 2012 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

I was until I found out there was no BBBW! Now probably not.

raymo55 likes this.
  35. MattintheCrown

MattintheCrown Jan 18, 2011 Indiana

Your voice seems to be developing a hoarse quality. Is that the beginnings of congestion I detect?

Mscarpen and jacob4999 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe