Dark horse BBA plead the 5th

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by Dmott, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Dmott

Dmott Initiate (23) Oct 24, 2018 Indiana
    Trader

Anyone know if this is suppose to come out in December? Is it usually wide distribution?

2. cmukid87

cmukid87 Aspirant (243) Jan 30, 2017 Michigan
    Trader

They originally release BBAPt5 at a brewery party called the 4 Elf Party. Then it sees wide distro in Michigan. I don't know about out of state distro.

drunkenmess likes this.
  3. Alefflicted

Alefflicted Initiate (77) Dec 2, 2017 Minnesota

I've yet to be able to get my hands on any, and I've been in the liquor business for six years...

Lahey likes this.
  4. Dmott

Trader

Wow ok. Maybe it doesn't get out of Michigan. Then again, ba bells expedition use to not and we got it here in Indiana this year. Thanks for the info.

drunkenmess likes this.
  5. cmukid87

cmukid87 Aspirant (243) Jan 30, 2017 Michigan
    Trader

If you want some you should easily be able to trade for some. It sat on shelves on a local store (to me) for over 6 months.

drunkenmess likes this.
  6. Prince_Casual

Prince_Casual Aspirant (295) Nov 3, 2012 District of Columbia
    Trader

This is an easily tradeable beer, but indeed, not distributed.

7. Dmott

Trader

Ok I've never traded before. I'll look into it on this site. Is there a better site to trade on?

LeedsZimbabwe likes this.
  8. Junior

Junior Disciple (331) May 23, 2015 Michigan
    Trader

No. This is the best site for all things beer.

Last year was the first time it was distributed outside of the brewery. There was a lot of it. I actually saw a few 4-packs last weekend.

HopsAreDaMan, GOBLIN, Lahey and 2 others like this.
  9. raynmoon

raynmoon Crusader (780) Aug 13, 2011 Colorado

Try Facebook forums. The trade pages here are FILLED with people flipping wacky brewery only, acronym laden, 100 bottle count "whales" for one another. Your simple request may get overlooked.

10. nc41

nc41 Poo-Bah (1,630) Sep 25, 2008 North Carolina
    Trader

I traded into a few many years ago, thought it a good beer, a tad to the bitter but a very good brew. Go to the $4$ forum and put up a request, should be easy enough. If your new to trading here your first trade might be a bit of a hassle, you'll have to ship first, and when your box is received they'll ship your beers. Don't forget to add a few unannounced xtra beers that are local to you. Always nice getting beers you've never heard of before.

11. rypkr

rypkr Champion (841) Nov 19, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Truth has spoken

drunkenmess likes this.
  12. Dmott

Trader

Any particular facebook forum?

raynmoon likes this.
  13. raynmoon

raynmoon Crusader (780) Aug 13, 2011 Colorado

Try searching for a Dark Horse forum. Forums exists for specific breweries, so searching becomes easier inside the desired forum. Good Luck!

14. stevepat

stevepat Disciple (357) Mar 12, 2013 California
    Trader

In my experience having only traded on here and only a few times, people are super friendly and happy to help bring new folks into the fold. I've not had the bba version of this but I do really enjoy the base beer, super underrated stout brewers up there in marshall. I'd post in the $4$ and/or the locals trading forums here and I'd wager you could get it sorted out quick.

Luscious_Malfoy likes this.
  15. Dmott

Trader

Couldn't find a dark horse forum. Tried searching facebook and google. If anyone knows of any let me know. Thanks.

16. rypkr

rypkr Champion (841) Nov 19, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Trader

You need to be searching under groups and try strings like "Michigan beer trade" "michigan iso ft" "michigan craft beer". There are many.

17. Jaycase

Jaycase Meyvn (1,213) Jan 13, 2007 Illinois
    Trader

Just post an offer on this site. Why mess around with the wasteland that is Facebook? FYI the Dark Elf party is scheduled for 8 Dec but DH has not yet announced the bottle release.

18. drunkenmess

drunkenmess Defender (621) Mar 27, 2015 Michigan
    Trader

Im pretty sure I can help you out in this area. Last time I checked, knew a place that had some sitting on the shelf. Would gladly be of assistance

Luscious_Malfoy, nc41 and rypkr like this.
  19. Lahey

Lahey Disciple (385) Nov 12, 2016 Michigan

Gonna have to start watching the shelves at my stores. We usually get things a little later (just got BA expedition stout) but I haven't seen BA plead the 5th in years past.

Dmott likes this.
  20. craigo19

craigo19 Devotee (448) Oct 12, 2009 Michigan
    Premium

For anyone looking for last year's Mega-Bev in Marshall and Battle Creek have at least 15 cases each. I am willing to purchase and trade $4$.

21. archiebunkerjr

archiebunkerjr Aspirant (201) Oct 25, 2010 Michigan

BBPT5 was always released only at the 4 Elf party until last year. It was released into retail last year due to a higher amount of bottles and the 4 Elf party had a smaller than usual crowd due to really bad weather.

I can remember that Horrock's in Lansing had a pallet of BBPT5 at least five feet high shortly after the 4 Elf party. I suspect the bottles that hit retail, if any, will depend on the same two factors listed above.

Luscious_Malfoy likes this.