Dark Lord Day 2017 IP Trade & Bottle Share Spreadsheets

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by Jaycase, Mar 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaycase

Jaycase Meyvn (1,395) Jan 13, 2007 Illinois
    Trader

Ok, here we go. Copying over the details from last year's thread below with a new clean trading sheet linked below. Including again a Bottle Share document in case anyone would like to use this as well. Feel free to use this thread for comments & queries regarding the topic.

IP Trade Spreadsheet link
    Thanks again to @JLWalker20 for the original document. Reposting some rules he had previously laid out in 2015 which are still appropriate.
    1. It is currently open to editing for anyone that has the link (this means you!) - this looks to be different than the way it was managed in the past. I have done this for a few reasons, described below.

2. As the spreadsheet is open to editing by anyone, it's also open to screwing up or vandalism by anyone, but that's okay because I will be making/saving copies of it daily in case it needs repair/replacement. If it gets out of hand, I'll put it under lock and key and be the big bad spreadsheet babysitter.

3. Because it's open to edit by anyone, you are able to add notes or change what you have FT/ISO at-will, so don't be shy about pulling stuff down from your lists if you have a trade setup for those bottles.
    On the 2nd point, please don't abuse the ability to edit the document. I'll save off a version each day as a precaution.

Bottle Share Spreadsheet link
    This document was created so that anyone is free to list out bottles which they'll have for either Friday evening (by hotel), DLD itself or even Saturday evening for the especially adventuresome.

Hopefully these documents will be helpful. Here's to an enjoyable '17 DLD for all! Cheers.

Fox82791, bigthirst, -TK421- and 13 others like this.
  2. Harpy20

Harpy20 Initiate (0) Jan 6, 2016 Illinois

Thanks for getting this set up!

Jaycase likes this.
  3. Lazhal

Lazhal Devotee (470) Mar 13, 2011 Michigan
    Trader

Had some fun with the share spreadsheet. Thought it might help people pick a place to stay by sorting the places by distance from the festival.

Enjoy!

red94tt and Jaycase like this.
  4. Jaycase

Trader

Good idea there. Cheers.

5. asams10

asams10 Initiate (0) Mar 19, 2014 North Carolina

Annnnnnd looks like someone decided to act like a middle-schooler...

6. Redsunsx01x

Redsunsx01x Initiate (0) Jul 5, 2016 Illinois

Just fixed it.

bigthirst likes this.
  7. carlso_aw

carlso_aw Initiate (195) Jan 10, 2016 Indiana
    Trader

This is why we can't have nice things...

Fox82791, red94tt, ChiCubs78 and 3 others like this.
  8. macewank

macewank Initiate (0) Aug 28, 2010 Illinois

Lock it down. Require sign in to edit.

Ridiculous....

9. Zoomslowik

Zoomslowik Disciple (314) Mar 17, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

If you're going to be a douchebag, at least be funny.

#9 Zoomslowik, Mar 25, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  10. Jaycase

Trader

Ok, update here. The spreadsheets have been locked down for editing. Did not have any issues with the trading sheet last year but unfortunately it's amateur hour for someone desperate for attention. Please BM any updates you'd like added/removed to either sheet and I will be happy to make the amendments. Sorry to have to do this but it is what it is.

If this approach does not work for everyone, I can perhaps add edit access to the sheet individually.

#10 Jaycase, Mar 25, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  11. ericfoster83

ericfoster83 Initiate (105) Sep 16, 2010 Indiana

Just FYI for your hotel share sheet...Lansing, IL hotel area is like..10ish miles from Floyds...I would assume the Lansing, MI one is 191 miles away?

Jaycase likes this.
  12. bigthirst

bigthirst Initiate (0) Jan 30, 2013 Wisconsin

add me to the trade sheet when you get a chance
    thanks

Jaycase likes this.
  13. Cam9191

Cam9191 Initiate (106) Nov 12, 2012 Colorado
    Trader

I will not be going to DLD this year, but I might be going to Beer Geeks pub instead. I have an extra '16 bottle I don't mind swapping for a '17 bottle. If I end up going to NWI, can I be permitted to put down my info to see if anyone is willing to do an IP trade somewhere near FFF or wherever?

14. Jaycase

Trader

As long as you don't mind maybe driving over to Munster to meet up with someone on the Saturday, I don't see any harm in adding your ISO:FT. Can add comments mentioning your situation as well. Just BM me once you confirm you are going to NWI that day and will be happy to add. Cheers.

bigthirst likes this.
  15. bigthirst

bigthirst Initiate (0) Jan 30, 2013 Wisconsin

lot less folks on this years trading sheet, come on guys about a month out....I just added my info, lets set some trades up

16. hiddendecoy

hiddendecoy Initiate (57) Dec 13, 2015 Connecticut

I think because of the necessity of locking the sheets there might be a fewer people adding to it. Definitely looking to see what's going on in the bottle share land. I'm at the Munster Fairfield Inn with a group. Should be a ton people around that area since the Fairfield, Residence inn, Courtyard, and Hampton inn are all on same street.

17. DoomBlasterBerry

DoomBlasterBerry Initiate (0) Oct 18, 2011 Wisconsin

Hey Lansing people (Comfort Suites, HI Express, Red Roof, Sleep Inn?), wanna do a share in 1 of the hotels vs spread out over 3/4?

18. Misterphinister

Misterphinister Initiate (0) Feb 17, 2015 Michigan

I'm at the express in Lansing and definitely want in. Haven't finalized a list yet but let me know if more people are interested and I'll throw ideas out

19. Coel

Coel Initiate (0) Apr 21, 2014 Pennsylvania

Pm where. I've got myself and 3 others at the comfort inn in Lansing

20. Born_A_Jee

Born_A_Jee Initiate (0) Aug 1, 2013 Illinois

Ok maybe it's me but I searched for that 2017 bottle share sheet to see where the shares are at Friday night and I they currently seem devoid of info from when I first saw them. Did they get deleted and re-updated, someone messed with them, or whatnot? Since we are getting close to DLD, I was checking if the spot my group got a room reservation at will be having a bottle share Friday night. Anyone care to repost the link to said references? I was hoping there would be some bottle share action at Extended Stay America in Lansing, IL. And yes, I did search.

EDIT: Ha, I thought I was posting in the DLD 2017 thread. Anyway, still seems like there was more info here when the 2017 spreadsheets were in their infancy compared to now....

21. mnbearsfan

mnbearsfan Initiate (0) Dec 25, 2009 Minnesota

Hey, someone got the link to the IP Trades. Too lazy to look did it the past 5 years

Thanks.

22. Jaycase

Trader

Link is here. Let me know if you want something added/access. Had to lock it down this year unfortunately. Cheers.

23. mnbearsfan

mnbearsfan Initiate (0) Dec 25, 2009 Minnesota

Thanks. I guess people are dicks and cant place nice. This use to be a great thing

#23 mnbearsfan, Apr 26, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  24. TonyLuvsBeer

TonyLuvsBeer Aspirant (221) Mar 28, 2015 Michigan
    Trader

Shoot me a PM w/details. Me and a buddy are staying at the Comfort Suites and wouldn't mind drinking a few on Friday night.

Born_A_Jee likes this.
  25. Born_A_Jee

I'd like details, too?

26. Jaycase

Trader

Friendly reminder. 2 weeks to set up your IP trades, peoples.

27. Fox82791

Fox82791 Initiate (0) Jun 20, 2014 New York

bottle share sheet is looking pretty light. Whats everyone doing Friday night? I'm staying at the motel 6 in lansing with 2 others, looking to share after the event at flossmoor

Born_A_Jee likes this.
  28. Born_A_Jee

Let's get a Lansing, IL bottle share going. @DoomBlasterBerry had a good idea. Does anyone already have a room set up at their hotel for a share? Just about all the Lansing hotels are VERY close by to each other, so this combined share should be EASILY doable.

Misterphinister likes this.
  29. Fox82791

any of the hotels have a small conference room or separate breakfast area? could set up in there

Misterphinister and Born_A_Jee like this.
  30. Born_A_Jee

Let's do this. I'll bring the KBBS and Prop 13! :wink:

31. Fox82791

i really hope you're serious lol

Misterphinister and Born_A_Jee like this.
  32. iualum95

iualum95 Initiate (0) Aug 6, 2009 Indiana

Folks staying in Lansing may want to call One Trick Pony (http://www.ponybrewing.com) to see if would allow a bottle share

33. aceboogie

aceboogie Initiate (148) Apr 12, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

Hey gang,
    Anybody set up a bottle share in Lansing?
    I'll be staying at the sleep inn and plan on bringing the following;

Funky Buddha Morning Wood
    Funky Buddha Rum BA Last Snow
    Jackie O Full Allotment
    Jackie O Black Maple
    Jackie O Ground Champion
    5 Rabbit El Inigo Montoya with Hazelnut
    New Glarus BBBB + Fruit bombers
    2011 Dark Lord

There's also a good chance I'll be bringing Alchemist hops as well. Pending trade...

34. That_Bearded_Guy

That_Bearded_Guy Disciple (342) Jan 25, 2016 California
    Trader

Hows the Friday night go in Hammond? Im booked at the Hampton in hammond so curious if that hotel has a bottle share or not. Pretty close proximity to the courtyard and residence inn so will walking over there would be easy if thats where the bottle shares are.

35. Misterphinister

Misterphinister Initiate (0) Feb 17, 2015 Michigan

I'm in on the Lansing share and am at the holiday inn express but will travel wherever

Born_A_Jee likes this.
  36. tripelhops

tripelhops Disciple (349) Apr 11, 2011 Missouri
    Trader

so anyone staying at the Super 8 in North Hammond? It's a shit hole, but at $65/night for double beds incredibly cheap. I posted on the spreadsheet but there'll be 4 of us there, and open to a share.

37. Born_A_Jee

Hotel room is not in my name so I can't set up a room for a share. But I'm looking for a restaurant close by the Lansing hotels that are BYOB and open late Friday.

38. iualum95

iualum95 Initiate (0) Aug 6, 2009 Indiana

Most folks coming in from out of town end up staying in this area so you should be able to find something going on. Byway Brewing is right there as well. Their food is better than their beer.

39. Jaycase

Trader

T minus seven days. This is the stretch run for setting up trades. Blah, blah, blah. :wink:

40. Chubz77

Chubz77 Initiate (61) Apr 11, 2017 Michigan
    Trader

I'll be at the Fairfield inn Hammond, I'll have plenty of
    M43
    Boxer
    Transient cans
    Honeystone
    Zero discipline
    Flightless
    Would love to try Trillium, Tree House, Alchemist

Thread Status: