Darklord Day 2017

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by Beanblossom, Oct 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kodt

kodt Defender (625) Mar 6, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

You get that stuff at the event when you enter the fest.

the_ceeeeg and ChiCubs78 like this.
  2. ChiCubs78

ChiCubs78 Initiate (0) Jan 2, 2015 Illinois

That's right. Damn...Dark Lord Day damages so many brain cells.

prg, kodt and Ohiou84 like this.
  3. Billy_Bars

Billy_Bars Initiate (0) Jan 18, 2014 Illinois

ISO: this tunnel

4. asams10

asams10 Initiate (0) Mar 19, 2014 North Carolina

Is James Taylor confirmed for DLD or are you just spreading more rumors?

puftdank, ChiCubs78 and YoungLad like this.
  5. JohnnyHopps

JohnnyHopps Poo-Bah (2,486) Jun 15, 2010 Indiana
    Society Trader

All I can say at this time is that the concert schedule will be released soon.

ChiCubs78 and asams10 like this.
  6. EamonTheGreat

EamonTheGreat Initiate (0) Mar 13, 2014 Indiana

2012 is sickly sweet. My friends and I did an '04-'15 Dark Lord vert and 2012 was unanimously voted the worst vintage.

ChiCubs78 likes this.
  7. xxbassplayerxx

xxbassplayerxx Initiate (0) Mar 16, 2016 Kentucky

Of course it's the only one I've had besides 2016 lol

EamonTheGreat likes this.
  8. jkwuc89

jkwuc89 Initiate (0) Jul 4, 2009 Ohio

I've had 2009, 2010, 2014, 2015 and 2016. According to my Untapped comments/reviews at the time of the tasting, 2010 came in as the lowest rated but only slightly.

9. Warren2621

Warren2621 Zealot (580) Sep 26, 2014 Indiana

I've had 13, 14, 15, and 16. Definitely considered '14 the best of the group.

eppie82 likes this.
  10. eppie82

eppie82 Meyvn (1,411) Apr 19, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Completely agree. I've had 14-16 and 14 was my favorite.

texasalec and Warren2621 like this.
  11. Gambyt20

Gambyt20 Savant (939) Jan 14, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

Thanks for the info since I am in group E and likely getting vintage DLs. Hopefully 14 will be an option and now I know to avoid 12.

12. jkwuc89

jkwuc89 Initiate (0) Jul 4, 2009 Ohio

I'll be with you in group E. Hoping that there will be some variants left but I'm not counting on it.

13. Gambyt20

Gambyt20 Savant (939) Jan 14, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

Yeah not counting on it either and depending on the variants left in group E, I think I might even prefer vintage DL.

ChiCubs78 likes this.
  14. ChiCubs78

FFF is slacking more than usual this year. After receiving super early news regarding the date of the fest everything has really been dragging. Hell, they didn't announce that the variants wouldn't make it all the way through the groups until the day before tickets went on sale. We are 27 days from DLD and haven't received the "30 day" tickets are on their way e-mail yet. COME ON FFF! GAWD!
    Ok. I feel a bit better. It would be nice to have a little something new from them to talk/speculate about though.

midmichmatt likes this.
  15. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (8,479) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Society Trader

It's either shitty, or they really are dealing with some serious issues...

Everything is probably bottled at this point. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense for all the information to still be sat on considering it's not like they need to worry about drumming up hype for ticket sales.

ChiCubs78 likes this.
  16. -TK421-

-TK421- Initiate (0) Jun 4, 2016 Florida

what about the other events in Chicago that weekend. i've only heard of Pale Pauper (which is the same day and irrelevant to me since i'll be at DLD) but i'm pretty sure i saw in this thread Local Options does something the night before? any word on that? or anything else to do the Friday night?

17. mbockstruck30

mbockstruck30 Disciple (359) Dec 31, 2010 Illinois
    Trader

In the past, there have been times where they have not finished bottling until the week of DLD, so this isn't necessarily true.

ChiCubs78 and kodt like this.
  18. EamonTheGreat

I'm not concerned about the lack of info..... It's pretty much like this every year. Last year was different because of the news article that came out early.

The tickets are sold. There's really nothing for FFF to gain by releasing info. They're going to make that $$$ regardless.

TheKlevin and midmichmatt like this.
  19. Sabtos

Society Trader

By that logic, why ever release the info? Seems like a waste of effort to even take the website down every year. They could just leave the FAQ up indefinitely since that would be the only useful bit of info.

ChiCubs78 likes this.
  20. kodt

kodt Defender (625) Mar 6, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

Last year was the only year variants came out early, and it was only the week before the event I think?

Every other year, variants were not announced until the morning of.

Bands usually get announced a couple weeks out.

TheKlevin and ChiCubs78 like this.
  21. Sabtos

Society Trader

Maybe they will go full mystery bag :stuck_out_tongue:

YoDudeguy, ChiCubs78 and croush like this.
  22. Bbear

Bbear Initiate (147) Oct 26, 2016 Illinois

If that's been the case for years why would they put the disclaimer of, "Variant information coming soon," on their website? Just seems like a waste of effort on their part.

ChiCubs78 likes this.
  23. Runofthedill

Runofthedill Initiate (0) Oct 28, 2014 Ohio

can't wait for these posts again.

24. Runofthedill

Runofthedill Initiate (0) Oct 28, 2014 Ohio

Probably because FFF enjoys this thread just as much as we do and love shitting on people asking dumb questions.

25. croush

croush Crusader (798) Mar 20, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

You should e-mail them...I'm sure you'll get a prompt reply. :wink:

26. EamonTheGreat

How else are we supposed to get to 100 pages?

ChiCubs78 likes this.
  27. mbockstruck30

mbockstruck30 Disciple (359) Dec 31, 2010 Illinois
    Trader

Because "coming soon" implies...exactly that. Soon. And if the website goes live months before the event, there would be even more dumb questions/complaints. At this point, we all know when to expect an update regarding bands/variants. Its not like finding out a certain band is playing, or a certain variant will be available is going to change anyone's mind about attending. At worst, it may affect when you arrive/leave based on wanting to see a certain band. But as we have all heard on here, no one cares about the bands anyway.

Jaycase and GuyFawkes like this.
  28. ChWRoCk

ChWRoCk Initiate (44) Dec 9, 2013 Illinois

Right, no reason for them to rush anything, we also are not even two weeks out yet from the event. I wouldn't know what it takes to plan an event, but I'm sure there are still some logistical details they need to work out beyond the band and beer. I take it some of you also don't like to wait to open your Christmas presents until the day of huh? :stuck_out_tongue:

If I'm 3F, I'm reading this and releasing the official details at 8:59 AM the day of...

ChiCubs78 likes this.
  29. EamonTheGreat

Maybe the variants will be good this year....LOL

ChiCubs78 likes this.
  30. ChiCubs78

I'm not concerned either...I'd just like some more info.
    :grimacing:
    Exactly.
    I don't like to wait...but I do.
    Hey, I did get the thread moving along again.

31. ChiCubs78

You're asking a lot here :wink:

32. Ohiou84

Ohiou84 Initiate (132) May 6, 2014 Ohio

The nice thing about variants being released before the morning of the event is that it gives those in group A more time to decide what they want, and I would think makes things run a bit smoother at the pick up. As I recall, last year was almost a sprint through the brewery when picking up allotments.

Sabtos and ChiCubs78 like this.
  33. EamonTheGreat

From Local Option's FB Page... May 12 :The Day Before: "Our annual Day Before Dark Lord Day event. Full Draft List will come in due course. State you're attending or interested to receive relevant updates. You won't want to miss this one."

34. ChiCubs78

It was a sprint. I went through the line as fast as I could walk.

Sabtos likes this.
  35. ChiCubs78

Hopefully it'll be released sooner than the variants for DLD :sunglasses:

36. YoDudeguy

YoDudeguy Initiate (0) May 5, 2015 Illinois

Dang can you be by me?

-TK421- and ChiCubs78 like this.
  37. Zoomslowik

Zoomslowik Disciple (314) Mar 17, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

I'm amazed at people that can do shares or beer events the day before DLD. I don't have the tolerance level for that any more. If I tried to have a few pours at Local Option on the 12th (nevermind a real share), you would find my body amongst the empty bottles along the sidewalk well before the gates open.

JFresh21, JakeT469, eppie82 and 8 others like this.
  38. drac86

drac86 Initiate (104) Jan 28, 2014 Indiana
    Trader

Yep. Last year was my first year and I'd heard horror stories about how ridiculous the wait was to pick up allotments, but I was amazed at how easy it was - I literally didn't stop moving once I got in line. Based on what I've heard, this system is a vast improvement over the golden ticket system.

ChiCubs78 likes this.
  39. Sabtos

Society Trader

Drie Fonteinen has info for Dark Lord Day !?

Wish I would have known earlier, we're pen pals!

40. ChiCubs78

It's a far better system. It sucked being in a massive line that barely moved while the weather is just pouring down on you. You finally get to the door and they're handing out scratch off tickets. People are scavenging for something to scratch off their now wet golden tickets with and people are struggling to read the backwards Russian-esq "Yes" or "No" on their partially scratched off tickets. Once deciphered you would head over to the first tables where people fumbled with money and were deciding on buying 1-4 bottles of Dark Lord. You'd then scramble off to the next area where you'd give them $50 for whatever variants were there (depending on your group). So yeah, the new system is tons better.

EamonTheGreat, reefer_bob and drac86 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.