Darklord Day 2017

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by Beanblossom, Oct 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jplachy

Jplachy Devotee (429) Feb 12, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

I kinda do. It was good and cheap.

2. kodt

kodt Defender (631) Mar 6, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

I don't remember seeing them last year either. They were there in 2014 and 2015, but sold out fairly early.

ChiCubs78 likes this.
  3. Jplachy

Trader

There were people making breakfast tacos at the north gate but I'm not sure they were affiliated with FFF. I think they just set up a stand on public property making tacos.

PrestigeWorldwide, kodt and ChiCubs78 like this.
  4. TheKlevin

TheKlevin Disciple (300) Aug 6, 2014 Michigan
    Trader

The last two years I didn't eat because it was pouring rain sideways. I was also black out drunk by 1pm. Hopefully I can actually partake in some of the fine foods this year. Bottle shares in food lines, who would have thought...

Zoomslowik and ChiCubs78 like this.
  5. ChiCubs78

ChiCubs78 Initiate (0) Jan 2, 2015 Illinois

I just checked the festival maps (www.darklordday.info) and for 2015 it showed the breakfast taco stands at the north gate line and the south gate line. For 2016 the breakfast taco stands weren't there.

6. EamonTheGreat

EamonTheGreat Initiate (0) Mar 13, 2014 Indiana

99 Pages..... I think we're going to do it.

I don't understand why they don't have more food vendors.... The main food line last year took roughly an hour to get through.

TheKlevin likes this.
  7. Gambyt20

Gambyt20 Savant (941) Jan 14, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

Food trucks would be sweet, though sometimes those lines takes forever.

texasalec likes this.
  8. texasalec

texasalec Initiate (0) Jul 18, 2013 Texas

I think Three Floyds is abandoning the food truck idea this year but damn I really want Dönermen to be there. The currywurst was perfect after a morning of adjunct stouts.

ChiCubs78 and TheKlevin like this.
  9. Jplachy

Trader

Here's something to chew on.....weather this weekend looks like shit. So mission accomplished Three Floyds did the right thing. But next weekend is looking like it might be beautiful outside. So if the weather is shit on the 13th we're gonna be complaining about why didn't they just push it back one week? Especially since they mucked up people's Mother's Day.

JulianC and ChiCubs78 like this.
  10. croush

croush Champion (800) Mar 20, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Come on guys, getting to 100 pages is equivalent to winning a first or second round series in the playoffs. We have bigger goals!

EamonTheGreat likes this.
  11. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (8,540) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Society Trader

[​IMG]

12. eppie82

eppie82 Meyvn (1,428) Apr 19, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

As long as this weekend is a mess, even if DLD is a mess as well, I'd be fine with that. If this Saturday was nice and then DLD turned out to be crap for weather, then I'd be butthurt.

13. EamonTheGreat

It's just random to try and pick a date that won't have shitty weather.... I respect them for at least trying to get a weekend with potentially better weather, but I'm guessing it was more about money than really caring about the attendees. The better the weather the longer people will stay and spend money. It's all about the $$$.

JFresh21, ChiCubs78 and eppie82 like this.
  14. ChiCubs78

Ask and you shall receive...
    http://www.donermen.com/calendar/

15. EamonTheGreat

texasalec and ChiCubs78 like this.
  16. Heisenbrew

Heisenbrew Initiate (154) Aug 21, 2016 Missouri
    Trader

You guys are getting off topic, get back to Dragon Abortion.

zach60614, Billy_Bars and Bugsmcl like this.
  17. ChiCubs78

#RealTalk

Bugsmcl likes this.
  18. ChiCubs78

Back to the food though...I'd really love to see more of it. A few food booths cannot keep up with thousands of hungry people. I seen't it (and experienced it). Early on it's not too bad. I think I was only in line for 10 minutes to get tacos shortly after entering the fest. As the day goes on and the peoples start getting hungry from all the beers the lines got really long. I think I waited at least 30 minutes for a burger.

#3938 ChiCubs78, Apr 27, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    Born_A_Jee and JFresh21 like this.
  19. midmichmatt

midmichmatt Initiate (0) Mar 22, 2015 Michigan

man i walk away from this thread for 5 days, and i'm lost as all get out.
    still iso that group A extra ticket tho

20. ChiCubs78

There's always the pub sale.

I'll see myself out.

21. kodt

Trader

Make your own sandwiches and bring them in. Seriously. It will do wonders. When you eat that sandwich and stare at the one hour food line you will feel so good.

22. boogerisu

boogerisu Devotee (474) Aug 19, 2014 Iowa

First time post in this cluster of a message board :slight_smile:

This will be my first DLD. I am attending with my wife and we are group C. After reading some comments about what time people are showing up I have a question. The website says Group C times are 1-3 PM. Does that mean I cannot get into the fest until that time or that's when I can actually go get my allotment? I'm sorry if that's an idiotic question but being my first time out there I want to know how this all plays out. Thanks in advance from a newbie.

23. ChiCubs78

I do bring stuff to munch on. It held me off anytime i needed to wait in line for food. I just can't help it...I need hot, delicious food when I'm buzzed.

24. kodt

Trader

No, you can enter at 9am as soon as the festival starts, and stay until it closes. The Group time is just when you have to line up to get your Dark Lord bottles.

ChiCubs78 likes this.
  25. ChiCubs78

You can enter the fest when the gates open at 9am. You can't get your allotment of Dark Lord until the time on your ticket, which is 1-3pm.

26. boogerisu

boogerisu Devotee (474) Aug 19, 2014 Iowa

Perfect! Thanks for the clarification! This DLD virgin was a little confused.

TheKlevin and ChiCubs78 like this.
  27. ChiCubs78

Also, plan on arriving a bit early as the lines to get into the fest take a bit.

boogerisu likes this.
  28. TheKlevin

Trader

29. gibson584

gibson584 Initiate (114) Dec 11, 2010 Kentucky
    Trader

I'm hoping they'll have Dark Lord Ice Cream again. I want to try it and have passed on it the last two years because it was just too damn cold and miserable for ice cream.

30. rabbott2

rabbott2 Zealot (512) Jan 14, 2015 Illinois

anyone staying at the Fairfield Hammond and have share details? If not, PM me and let's get something started. I checked through a decent amount of this and didn't find anything on it.

31. HouseofWortship

HouseofWortship Savant (927) May 3, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

The Dark Lord Fortune # 501,992,766

I scream, you scream, but don't be confused, none of us are screaming for Dark Lord ice cream- it's just the metal bands doing their sets.

Lazhal, Zoomslowik, drac86 and 6 others like this.
  32. HouseofWortship

HouseofWortship Savant (927) May 3, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

The Dark Lord Fortune #812,932,111

The shepherd that eats with his sheep dines on a handful of grass, the shepherd who eats while the sheep sleep eats sheep.

ChiCubs78 likes this.
  33. AughtSixHawk

AughtSixHawk Initiate (0) Apr 7, 2017 Illinois

On the subject of food, I'm pretty sure I had Dark Lord poutine--or something similar--last year. It was delicious.

reedmo and ChiCubs78 like this.
  34. ChiCubs78

I forgot about those poutine fries! I want to try those. They looked really good.

35. ChWRoCk

ChWRoCk Initiate (44) Dec 9, 2013 Illinois

36. sahd-1

sahd-1 Disciple (344) Jul 2, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

Not complaining, but when did They start allowing memes and gif's back on this forum?

37. kodt

Trader

You don't have to. They ask Group A to go to the North Gate to get them in faster and filter you straight into the bottle pickup line. At least one year they opened the South Gate around 30 minutes later than the North Gate.

But really if you want to hang out with South Gate peeps you can do that. Just like Group Es can get in the North Gate at 9am if they really want to.

38. Jplachy

Trader

I think we've determined that the answer is no.

39. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (8,540) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Society Trader

They didn't.

kreg02 likes this.
  40. TheKlevin

Trader

The North gate was such a mess last year, I was in that line and it was awful. People going in the South gate were getting in earlier and there a bunch of really mad group A people. We shall see if/how they remedy that this year...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.