David in North Georgia

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ATL6245, Nov 23, 2022.

1. ATL6245

ATL6245 Aug 16, 2018 Georgia
    Society

Hello fellow BA's!

My name is David, but I go by ATL6245. Been active since 2018 but a beer enthusiast for over 30 years. Very much a beer geek, as I have enjoyed exploring various beer styles and the history behind them. Even the short, but interesting history of beer brewing in Atlanta. My preferred beers are German styles, but I love a wide variety of styles. Due to restrictive brewery rules, Georgia has been late to the craft beer brewery party but 2017 changed all that. It's been a lot of fun to watch craft beer take off here in Georgia over the last 5 years. Hoping to see more BA's from GA become more active to help me keep up with all the new breweries and provide more local beer reviews. Cheers and keep reviewing those beers!

#1 ATL6245, Nov 23, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
  2. arizcards

arizcards Jun 11, 2003 North Carolina
    Society Trader

Hey David,

Great to "formally" meet you! We'll have to meet up for a pint or two sometime in the future. The wife is retiring early next year so i am sure we will be roaming the Southern Appalachians more often. I live near Hendersonville so hit me up if the mood strikes next time you are up here!
    Cheers!
    Tom

DrOfGolf, dcotom, Shanex and 5 others like this.
  3. DoctorZombies

DoctorZombies Feb 1, 2015 Florida
    Society Trader

Hey David! I’m David, too, and I live in St. Petersburg FL. I’m retired. What’s left of my my family is in the Charleston WV area, and my wife’s family is in the Charleston SC area, so we drive through GA all the time! Let’s meet up sometime! Cheers and thanks for posting!

DrOfGolf, dcotom, arizcards and 6 others like this.
  4. ATL6245

Society

Greetings Tom! Good to here from you. My aunt & uncle used to live in Highlands, NC. Not too far from Hendersonville. My uncle passed years ago and she lives in Ellijay, GA now. I don't find my way up there often, but I'll give you a shout if I'm ever up that way. Cheers!

5. ATL6245

Society

Good to hear from you David! My first career was in sales and I used to travel to Tampa/St. Pete a good deal (entire state of FL too). That was over 20 years ago. St. Pete to Charleston, WV is quite a haul! I'm still about 10 years or so from retirement, depending on the market gyrations. Maybe we can met for a pint sometime. Cheers!

DrOfGolf, dcotom, arizcards and 3 others like this.