DC Suggestions

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by wcrager, May 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wcrager

wcrager Initiate (51) Jan 31, 2018 Pennsylvania

Hey Guys,

Heading to DC next weekend - would love to hear some spots in town that you guys like. Cheers!

2. Nadtla

Nadtla Initiate (99) Oct 14, 2010 Pennsylvania
    Trader

SAVOR is happening this upcoming week so there are a lot great events throughout DC. Depends where you are staying but some favorable spots include churchkey, meridian pint, sovereign, pizza Paradiso, smoke and barrel, jack rose (especially if you like whiskey), lost and found. Check out http://www.dcbeer.com/calendar for a current list of events.

3. hoppytobehere

hoppytobehere Champion (802) Aug 10, 2012 District of Columbia

4. makalarch

makalarch Aspirant (206) Jul 31, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Trader

I'll be down there for the day on June 2nd picking up my Bruery stuff, any breweries worth stopping by for packaged goods to bring home? I don't see much forum wise on places like Bluejacket or Right Proper.

5. RKP1967

RKP1967 Aspirant (274) Sep 26, 2010 Virginia

Aslin is the place to go for packaged goods, if you can make it out to Herndon.

6. makalarch

makalarch Aspirant (206) Jul 31, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Yeah been there a bunch (I'm from nova) but I can't for this trip. Just staying in the district.

7. jjboesen

jjboesen Meyvn (1,244) Feb 1, 2002 Maryland

On weekdays, Churchkey opens at 4pm. It does get crowded - especially, during SAVOR.

8. RocketFrogDavid

RocketFrogDavid Zealot (596) Apr 29, 2010 Virginia
    Society Industry

With SAVOR Week in town, Craft Beer Sellers will have lots of out of market beers this weekend that is worth checking out.

9. midegrou

midegrou Initiate (68) Dec 14, 2013 New York
    Trader

Does DC Brau have On the Wings of Armageddon pretty consistently? Going to be in town this weekend for a wedding and would love to grab a sixer. I really miss that beer.

10. hoppytobehere

hoppytobehere Champion (802) Aug 10, 2012 District of Columbia

Looks like they might have it

https://untappd.com/v/dc-brau-brewing-co/67632

midegrou likes this.
  11. kapkenobi

kapkenobi Aspirant (213) Nov 27, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Trader

planning to go to the Bruery DC location next month. never been. do they offer drafts or crowler/growler fills for RS members? or is it just a bottle shop

12. Daniellobo

Daniellobo Poo-Bah (1,837) Jul 30, 2009 District of Columbia

Bottles and crowlers (somethings for RS members but plenty options available for non-members), no drink/tasting on the premises, though.

13. kapkenobi

kapkenobi Aspirant (213) Nov 27, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Trader

How long do the special taps last at the DC bruery location? how often do they put out new special taps? i saw they posted key lime pie black tuesday last week. Ill be there in a week and would love to try that or another neat variation.

14. coquet

coquet Initiate (103) Aug 31, 2014 Virginia
    Trader

Every interesting brew I've seen them list at the DC location has been reserved for their Society members. Their presence here has been pretty underwhelming unless you're willing to pay a special fee for the privilege of considering whether to buy their stuff.

hoppytobehere likes this.
  15. Saudade

Saudade Initiate (44) Nov 25, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Trader

The Partisian, and Sovereign have pretty killer tap lists also, and extensive bottle lists..........Both beer programs there are run by Greg Engert (also runs Churchkey's beer program) who is something like a beer god check out their lists

Sheppard and ArlVABeerGuy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.