1. Looking to trade some beers? Check out How to Get Started with Beer Trading.
Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Deviation trade value

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk' started by CaseyK, Aug 25, 2013.

1. CaseyK

CaseyK Mar 30, 2008 New York
    Beer Trader

This beer is a very longtime want for me. Interested to know what people have traded or received for this beer recently.

2. csano

csano Sep 21, 2010 Washington

It's a white whale. It'll likely take similar caliber beers.

3. CaseyK

CaseyK Mar 30, 2008 New York
    Beer Trader

I know it's a whale, I'm looking to hear specific beers people have traded for it.

4. kscaldef

kscaldef Jun 11, 2010 Oregon
    Beer Trader

1) Fly to Seattle
    2) Hand $90 to nice man at Bottleworks
    3) Drink walez

leftyhyzer, Shmeal and claaark13 like this.
  5. kapkenobi

kapkenobi Nov 27, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

Our tasting group recently traded for one. It was a south hampton black raspberry and a apple brandy black magick for one

6. xnicknj

xnicknj May 25, 2009 Pennsylvania

$90? They're practically giving it away as far as RR wales go. T20 could still be had last summer at Toronado, but for the cool price of $250.

7. kscaldef

kscaldef Jun 11, 2010 Oregon
    Beer Trader

Clearly a worthless shelf turd.

xnicknj likes this.
  8. Shmeal

Shmeal Nov 9, 2009 Oregon
    Beer Trader

T20 isn't worth trying imo.

9. drgarage

drgarage Aug 19, 2008 California

T20 was sold for $100 to go at this year's anniversary party. And lasted a lot longer than Cable Car Kriek and regular, too.

Also, T20 is so far over the hill it isn't worth trying. Deviation is on the decline but is still very, very good.

10. stupac2

stupac2 Feb 22, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

I would've gone for it at $50 or something, but that beer is way too bad to be worth $100. And, more importantly, everyone knows it's bad so you can't even trade it for nice stuff any more.

GrumpyOldTroll and drgarage like this.
  11. drgarage

drgarage Aug 19, 2008 California

Yeah, the game was over once Dave Keene and Vinnie both talked at length about how T25 was designed to age well, unlike T20.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe