Dogfish Fruit-Full Fort

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by BeerGlassesCollector, Jan 7, 2018.

1. BeerGlassesCollector

BeerGlassesCollector Zealot (522) Nov 11, 2002 Cyprus
    Trader

I was looking at the Dogfish release calendar for 2018 and noticed this release for July:

- Fruit-Full Fort -> July - September
    An ageable Belgian-style ale fermented with a big ol’ bundle of fresh berry juices including boysenberry, blackberry, raspberry and elderberry.

Apparently it will be at 18%. Are there any dogfish fans out there anticipating this release?

2. Prep8611

Prep8611 Aspirant (250) Aug 22, 2014 New Jersey

Regular fort was horrific to my palate. Hard pass for me.

tobelerone likes this.
  3. TheGent

TheGent Meyvn (1,399) Jun 29, 2010 New Jersey
    Premium Trader

Yes. Highly anticipating this beer. I love Fort. I just hope this isn't a case of "if it ain't broke don't fix it."

We will find out.

VABA likes this.
  4. Jm5471

Jm5471 Initiate (38) Feb 19, 2017 New York

Yea I enjoy the 2015 fort as well I hope this tastes as good as the original

5. BrewsOverHoes

BrewsOverHoes Defender (611) Nov 17, 2013 Georgia
    Premium Trader

Had Fort and it was definitely interesting. I'll always give Dogfish's beers a shot. Ingredients dont usually stray me away; it's usually the price tag along with said ingredients.

ilikebeer03 likes this.
  6. BeerGlassesCollector

Trader

How much do you reckon will be the price on this one? I’ll have to think twice asking for one to be shipped overseas if it’s gonna cost me $50 a bottle with shipping

7. BrewsOverHoes

BrewsOverHoes Defender (611) Nov 17, 2013 Georgia
    Premium Trader

I want to say I paid somewhere in the $11-$12 mark for the original Fort when I bought a bottle in Virginia. Which is usually inline with their higher ABV stuff (120, WWS). I'm assuming this will be somewhere in that ball park, if not higher if there are more adjuncts?

8. BenHoppy

BenHoppy Zealot (520) Nov 15, 2017 Michigan

Looking forward to this one after it sits for 5 years

9. BeerGlassesCollector

Trader

I think you are right. It should be worth ageing...

BenHoppy likes this.
  10. BeerandLoathing

BeerandLoathing Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2011 Oregon

This is a common opinion of Fort drank fresh. Personally every time I've had Fort fresh I couldn't shake the cough medicine taste. BUT with an appropriate 4-5 years of age on Fort.... I can attest that it becomes a completely different beer. In fact it drinks like a delicious wine with the proper amount of age.

I'm intrigued in what it might taste like with bundles of other jammy berries added, but I guess I won't find out until 2022.

stevesbeer, rgordon, TheGent and 2 others like this.
  11. bgold86

bgold86 Savant (908) Apr 1, 2015 New York
    Premium Trader

Fort was pretty good, can’t wait for this one.

TheGent likes this.
  12. AZBeerDude72

AZBeerDude72 Meyvn (1,394) Jun 10, 2016 Arizona
    Premium Trader

I may get one to age but I am sort of burnt out with the ultra high ABV stuff. Maybe I am in the minority but I would rather have a very solid beer with average ABV any day.

HoppingMadMonk likes this.
  13. Jason1221

Jason1221 Devotee (403) Apr 7, 2015 Illinois
    Premium Trader

Fort really came into it's own after about a year. Became a strong raspberry ale and was a nice sipper. I didn't care for it fresh...and I do love all of the DFH strong singles so happy they have at least 1 this year.

TheGent likes this.
  14. rgordon

rgordon Champion (861) Apr 26, 2012 North Carolina

There isn't anyone brewing that pushes the boundaries better.

invertalon and chrismattlin like this.