Drinking Beer While Gaming

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by cmiller4642, Oct 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmiller4642

cmiller4642 Aug 17, 2013 West Virginia

Gaming and drinking craft beer is my happy zone. It’s my escape from the awfulness of this world these days.

2. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Mar 29, 2010 American Samoa
    Trader

Only way to play FIFA online

3. TrojanRB

TrojanRB Jul 27, 2013 Texas
    Society Trader

Yup. Usually RPG’s.....Skyrim, Fallout, Assassin’s Creed, etc...

Really looking forward to Red Dead Redemption 2. Although my gaming time is severely limited by two young daughters. I mostly play during naps or late at night.

4. cmiller4642

Preordered it the other day.

I work nights at my job 3 days a week (12 hour nights), so my better half is used to me staying up until 4am on my nights off. Gives me plenty of time to play my games.

I was playing Silent Hill 2 HD on PS Now last night while enjoying some 3 Floyds Zombie Dust :slight_smile:

#4 cmiller4642, Oct 4, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  5. Ten_SeventySix_Brewhouse

Ten_SeventySix_Brewhouse Jul 20, 2016 Indiana

I very rarely play video games, but when I do, there is always beer. Rockband is still my favorite. Say what you will.

Cracker666, hoptheology and Harrison8 like this.
  6. mkh012

mkh012 May 7, 2015 Colorado

Let's just say I'm going to lose a few weekends to Red Dead Redemption 2, and there will be beer in the mix.

7. CrimeDog

CrimeDog Dec 31, 2015 New York

Ummmm....no....Im over 40.....

Shanex, LOWFisherman, eppCOS and 5 others like this.
  8. HoppingMadMonk

HoppingMadMonk Mar 3, 2017 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Ummm...no..I'm over 50... to steal @CrimeDog line

9. Harrison8

Harrison8 Dec 6, 2015 Missouri
    Society Trader

I have my beer fridge within arms reach of my gaming computer at my new place, so there is nearly always something in my glass.

I never played the original Red Dead Redemption, but the sequel may be the first game I buy since Fallout 4. I have a bottle of Spaghetti Western that would make for an ideal start to my first Red Dead 2 session.

10. Greywulfken

Greywulfken Aug 25, 2010 New York
    Society Trader

Sure... The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, and Witcher series games have been the big three for me...

11. meefmoff

meefmoff Jul 6, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

Best to stick to serious middle aged pursuits like online beer forums :wink:

I haven't done so in a year or so actually, but a session of Civilization or XCom wouldn't be the same without beer.

tanis38, AirBob, 2ellas and 10 others like this.
  12. TongoRad

TongoRad Jun 3, 2004 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Well, pool, cards and darts are all games...

13. TrojanRB

TrojanRB Jul 27, 2013 Texas
    Society Trader

Age is just a number, man!

14. dennis3951

dennis3951 Mar 6, 2008 New Jersey

I play the horses on-line and drink often.

15. pbrian

pbrian Feb 8, 2001 Connecticut

Now we're talking, I never play any of those without a beer.

16. Alefflicted

Alefflicted Dec 2, 2017 Minnesota

Yes, I game quite a lot in my free time actually. And I always have a beer in front of me. I tend to prefer RPG's like Witcher, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Dragon Age, and Mass Effect. I also really enjoy action and shooters like Far Cry, Tomb Raider, and Battlefield. And as a few of you have said, I to have pre-ordered and am eagerly awaiting Red Dead Redemption 2.

17. Lahey

Lahey Nov 12, 2016 Michigan

Games usually slow my drinking down too much, I forget I have a beer and it gets warm. I don't play them much anymore. Still, when I do, I still open a beer. Shrug.

18. Domingo

Domingo Apr 23, 2005 Colorado
    Society

Most definitely. It's a lot easier with something slower paced (Elder Scrolls, Witcher, Fallout, Destiny, etc.) but I'm known to take sips between rounds of Street Fighter and Mario Kart.

DUI Mario Kart 64 was a staple of my college experience.

Harrison8, bret717, Jbuitron and 3 others like this.
  19. cmiller4642

Why would age matter? I'm 32

RaulMondesi, tanis38, LarryV and 3 others like this.
  20. Snowcrash000

Snowcrash000 Oct 4, 2017 Germany
    Moderator Society Trader

I don't game as much as I used to, but playing Baldur's Gate II right now, keeping it old school. I like to keep gaming and having some brews strictly separate though, to be honest.

MonkeyBread and Greywulfken like this.
  21. tzieser

tzieser Nov 21, 2006 New Jersey
    Trader

Absolutely. Mostly RPGs lately. Games I’m currently playing through:

• Persona 5
    • The Witcher 3
    • Yakuza series (I’m on Kiwami right now)
    • Final Fanatsy 7 (trying to get that platinum)
    Can’t wait for Red Dead Redemption 2. Also patiently waiting for Cyberpunk 2077 and Death Stranding.

22. hopsputin

hopsputin Apr 1, 2012 New Jersey
    Society

Logged tons of hours into Skyrim, Elder Scrolls Online, BF4, COD Zombies.

My gaming time has been severely cut in the past 2 years, but I played the shit out of Red Dead Redemption, so I'm hoping to grab RDR 2.

Hell, I actually logged a ton of hours into World War 2 Online back in the day on my PC as well.

23. deleted_user_1007501

deleted_user_1007501 Jun 30, 2015

When I lived on my own a handful of years ago, I didn’t have WiFi (because I’m stubborn, and was okay with just having my phone data), so I would love to drink plenty of beers playing Super Monkey Ball 2, various THPS games, Spyro 2, anything that really brought nostalgia. They were also fun to attempt at speedrunning, and trying out all the cuts and glitches was always fun.

I don’t really game anymore, so the lady and I play a lot of chess when we have a beer-filled night in.

Prep8611, 2ellas and BrewsOverHoes like this.
  24. TheBrewsky

TheBrewsky Apr 23, 2017 California

Of course. Can't wait for the new Red Dead to come out. I am saving some brews specifically for that! Might have to pick up the new Assassin's creed as well. I enjoyed Origins. Most likely play some Rainbow Six Siege online later this evening.
    Also, if you haven't played Goat simulator. I recommend you do so. It great sober, and even better multiple brews in.

25. thesherrybomber

thesherrybomber Jun 13, 2017 California
    Deactivated

I've gotten my highest scores drunk but also made irreversible fuck ups

Gambling is another story

26. Steve_Studnuts

Steve_Studnuts Apr 21, 2015 Pennsylvania

Me and some buddies like to get drunk and play Risk. Well, most of us get drunk. The one sober guy always seems to win.

tanis38, hoptheology, Glider and 4 others like this.
  27. Greywulfken

Greywulfken Aug 25, 2010 New York
    Society Trader

Baldur's Gate II???? That's so cool - loved that game...

MonkeyBread, meefmoff and tzieser like this.
  28. tzieser

tzieser Nov 21, 2006 New Jersey
    Trader

Oh man, I remember being so amped for this game when it first came out but the lag was so severe it was pretty much unplayable.

I never got big into MMOs. Anarchy Online was pretty cool and Star Wars Galaxies was amazing before they ruined it with a big patch.

Does anyone remember the MSN Gaming Zone? Back in the AOL dial-up days. Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear was my jam (along with Flight Simulator, Midtown Madness, Motorcross Madness), then Counter-Strike Beta 6 came into my life and my early teenage years were nearly ruined :grin:

@Greywulfken you can get the Baldur’s Gate and Icewind Dale games over on GOG.com along with a ton of classic PC games optimized for newer computers. One of my favorites sites/companies

#28 tzieser, Oct 5, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    Greywulfken and hopsputin like this.
  29. cheeseheadinMinneapolis

cheeseheadinMinneapolis Sep 20, 2017 Wisconsin

I do, Friday and Saturday late nights. i play UT 1999 version. one of the beer fridges is close to my gaming PC. I drink rockstar 240 or 300mg of caffeine to counter the beer.

Shroud0fdoom likes this.
  30. johnnybgood1999

johnnybgood1999 Oct 31, 2008 Virginia

On the computer I play medieval total war 2. When playing xbox it's halo 3, gta V, kingdom come deliverance (nothing like riding around medieval Bohemia drinking oktoberfests), fallout 4, or one of the dark souls series. I have red dead on preorder and will get fallout 76.

TrojanRB, Greywulfken and cmiller4642 like this.
  31. alucard6679

alucard6679 Jul 29, 2012 Arizona

I play a lot of games, it's what I do with most of my free time besides writing and I usually have beer (or spirits, or wine:wink:) to accompany whatever I'm playing. Kinda all over the spectrum, I love RPGs (story driven games of all kinds as long as theyre well written), shooters, platformers, survival horror, etc

Also, I've known people of just about every age group who game on a regular basis (including those well into their seventies), so not quite sure what a few of you are getting at. Anyways, cheers!

tanis38, Greywulfken and cmiller4642 like this.
  32. Ceddd99

Ceddd99 May 14, 2018 Michigan
    Trader

I haven't really played video games since my teens and a bit in my early 20s, so like a decade ago. But I recently downloaded a couple of emulators and I've been playing Ken Griffey Jr. Slugfest for the N64.

For some reason I always loved this game, it was one of my favorite N64 games when I was 14 and it's still fun to this day. I'm trying to hit .400. It's actually made me consider watching a little baseball again.

33. Casterbridge

Casterbridge Mar 26, 2010 Connecticut

Sometimes I'll play Devil's Triangle.

AirBob, MikeP64, meefmoff and 3 others like this.
  34. cmiller4642

I'm sure you're looking forward to the Rondo of Blood/Symphony of the Night re-release at the end of the month :slight_smile:

alucard6679 likes this.
  35. IPAExpert69

IPAExpert69 Aug 2, 2017 Pennsylvania

Ultimate Team with a few beers, tweaking my teams constantly is my happy place. Also Fallout, Red Dead, Fortnite and NBA 2K. But right now it's Fifa 19 all day!

36. hopsputin

hopsputin Apr 1, 2012 New Jersey
    Society

I'd like to say it got better, but it still had issues pretty consistently compared to today's online games. Those were the early days though, and I still had a lot of fun playing it.

tzieser likes this.
  37. Sabtos

Sabtos Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Society Trader

I finally understand why people liked the Witcher series so much--they were all drunk af!

Nah lol I drink while gaming as well, safer than drinking while driving your Sentinel rolling over pedestrians with a hooker in your trunk in the real world! :stuck_out_tongue:

But I really had trouble with the Witcher series man, and I stuck it out through all three too. Super cheesy despite it's desire to seem dark and serious, clunky controls all the way into the 3rd game, extremely slow paced, but at least the graphics were pretty...

However, grinding thru some Draugr in the new God of War while foisting some grog was a pleasure. SKÅL!

38. IPAExpert69

IPAExpert69 Aug 2, 2017 Pennsylvania

Witcher 3 was an objectively great story, although I agree wholeheartedly with the clunky mechanics on console (gaming computer probably would be seamless). The other Witcher games to me were unplayable, just leaps and bounds below the likes of Fallout or Elder Scrolls. I have a feeling we are both about to get yelled at :joy:

TrojanRB, Greywulfken and Harrison8 like this.
  39. Harrison8

Harrison8 Dec 6, 2015 Missouri
    Society Trader

I've set several records on Track and Field at the local arcade bar.

I fondly remember the day Goose Island did a tap takeover. I was drinking BCBS and playing Duck Hunt, Track & Field, and Time Crisis 3 for hours.

40. meefmoff

meefmoff Jul 6, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

Man that game was fun until you got to the stupid spinning shotput thing that absolutely refused to ever go straight.

Harrison8 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.