Eclipse Party, and more...

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by Tashbrew, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Tashbrew

Tashbrew Dec 29, 2007 California

11 Eclipses, 5 Barleywines, 2 Wee Heavy on draft tonight! The party bottle is.... not yet. Soon!

PaulStoneAnchor likes this.
  2. Rado

Rado Apr 17, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

At the event and looking tickets, I am the guy with the sign. Hit me up!!!

3. Catchy_Name

Catchy_Name Dec 21, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

The party bottle is...Vanilla Eclipse. And damn was it good! Other favorites included the Java, Iced BART and the High West Bourbon (believe it or not). All around awesome event, can't wait until next year. Thanks Andy, Alicia, and Todd!

4. HaveUSeenMyCellar

HaveUSeenMyCellar Aug 30, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

Anyone have a bottle list of any vintage bottles or brewery only releases for this morning?

5. theCoder

theCoder Oct 24, 2011 Minnesota
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Thank you FiftyFifty for an excellent party last night. Also a big thanks to everyone who shared some delicious beers with me. Now onto recovery and to head down to San Francisco for the weekend before I head back to the tundra.

jp7161 likes this.
  6. analogchainsaw

analogchainsaw Nov 21, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

An excellent event. Great food, great beer, and it was a pleasure to meet so many new people to enjoy the night with.

I'm Eclipsed-out for the weekend, but Vanilla, Coffee, and Pappy were personal favorites. By the end of the night we were blending pours of Java and Vanilla to make something delicious, but the decadence is doing a number on me this morning.

Thanks to everyone at FiftyFifty for putting together a great party, and to all those generous people sharing their bottles.

Rocket80 likes this.
  7. walterfredo

walterfredo Nov 22, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

how much were pappy bottles? Anyone know if they will be available at the brewery?

8. UCLABrewN84

UCLABrewN84 Mar 18, 2010 California

On Facebook I saw an order form with a price of $39.95 per bottle.

9. analogchainsaw

analogchainsaw Nov 21, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

Yeah, $40/ bottle for pappy. They'll most likely have them available at the brewery for a while.

10. PaulStoneAnchor

PaulStoneAnchor May 30, 2009 California

ISO: PVW '13, Rum, HW Rye, and Vanilla! If anyone is willing to trade an extra let me know! Or IF anyone is willing to trade a 3L from this year, Id be interested in any of the variations. :) I was unfortunately unable to attend and would love just to try these. :D

11. HaveUSeenMyCellar

Beer Trader

Can someone post a pic of the price list, please? :) or BM me if you are still there picking up bottles.

#91 HaveUSeenMyCellar, Dec 6, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  12. Tashbrew

Pappy will be gone by Monday if not earlier. The barrels we used Stitzel-Weller filled 12/30/1991 and were vetted by the Van Winkles have created an interest in the 'Bourbon Geek' community. If you want don't wait.

I'm not pimping but trying to convey information to thread readers to for their decision making process. Yes, I have an interest in the product. Over half of the bottling sold the night of the party.

Wowcoolman likes this.
  13. truckerock

truckerock Jan 19, 2011 Maryland

Are there limits on anything? I am trying to send a friend up from Tahoe for me.

14. Tashbrew

6 bottle limits on all but Rum and Pappy. Those may have been lifted today though. (In effect for release party advance purchase...pay at party pickup next day).

15. IPAFan521

IPAFan521 Jan 20, 2013 Illinois
    Beer Trader

ISO: Someone to #pickitupformebro!

Let me know!

16. Tashbrew

Hey, sorry to post but it's grating on me pretty bad. Yesterday, in the brewhouse and cellar I had several bottles gifted to me that very day or of my personal bottles at the brewery were rather unkindly 'liberated'. The one of mine was a bottle of Prairie Bomb, the others were a LA Track 4 and maybe Track 1. 3 other LA beers and Mother Earth beers too. It's one thing to get drunk and get sloppy its another to steal stuff. If you know who took them or maybe you did by accident I'd like them back or something of equal value. Beermail me please if you have any thoughts regarding this. Again, sorry to post but I wasn't excepting the theft either.

17. Tashbrew

OK, don't consider this final word but...I have been informed. Makers Mark, Java and Pappy are all sold out. I got word at 6:30pm

18. Tashbrew

At the brewery. Java and Makers are in distro so only Pappy is truly gone.

19. moonknight31

moonknight31 Aug 23, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

when do the shipments of eclipse for futures begin?

20. Tashbrew

Pappy not completely gone but there is not 'a lot'.

21. KANE3

KANE3 Jul 31, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

week of the 9th

22. moonknight31

Beer Trader

23. nckmllr916q

nckmllr916q Apr 30, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

I don't drive but would like to get my hands on a PVW, for anyone who went to the party and wants to do an IP trade in Sacramento. BM me. Thanks!

24. DOTU

DOTU Feb 11, 2011 California

Very sorry to hear about this Todd, but I BM'd you with some info I had about seeing at least some of those beers pretty late last evening. I hope this gets resolved quickly and you have not lost out on anything. :(

25. Tashbrew

I should have done a better job at securing my stuff. It was too cold to keep in car. Never thought that people would do such a thing. All that sharing, Eclipse on draft and you got to rip shit off too? That's some kinda strange...

26. PaulStoneAnchor

If anyone would like to trade for a PVW, HW Rye, Rum, or Vanilla, please BM me!!! :)

27. largadeer

largadeer Sep 24, 2006 California
    Beer Trader

Awesome party as usual. Vanilla might be my favorite Eclipse variant since 2008 Pappy.

KuhntPunch and huadog like this.
  28. Tashbrew

Vanilla...- This was a truly short run. 226 bottles. A tad of draft and that is it. Going forward the party bottle will be showcasing future variants that will go into commercial distribution.

There is no denying that this one was good and we are pleased with the results.

I cannot say with any certainty that the may be a little more around Thanksgiving. No promises...

29. PaulStoneAnchor

Sorry I meant, if anyone would be willing to trade any of their Vanilla, PVW, HW Rye, or Rum please BM me, because I would love to try these ones!

30. Rado

Rado Apr 17, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

This is terrible to hear, especially with all your hospitality for the two eclipse events, people suck.
    If this doesn't get resolved please let me know and maybe I can help to find some replacements. See you next Friday in LA!
    Thanks again for the awesome events Todd!!

31. Tashbrew

Christmas not Thanksgiving...

PaulStoneAnchor and huadog like this.
  32. nataku00

nataku00 Apr 5, 2010 California
    Beer Trader

Awesome, I am planning a snowboarding trip up at North Tahoe during Christmas and will look forward to trying that Vanilla on draft!

33. moonknight31

Beer Trader

i think he was saying that its unlikely itll be around still by christmas

34. Tashbrew

Yes, still a bit fuzzy thought wise. We didn't not produce a lot of Vanilla. Only 226 bottles and a few kegs. The word of mouth thing lit up the internet and we have lots of requests. Technically we are out. There might be 5 gallons of it but impossible to handle even 1-2 requests. I am going to check with the very little bit of Eclipse that remains and Base beer and see what might be done for a little more. If something comes up it would be around Christmas.

I hope that makes a little more sense.

Todd

PaulStoneAnchor likes this.
  35. SHODriver

SHODriver Aug 13, 2010 Louisiana
    Beer Trader

is there any way I can buy some bottles of the variants that weren't available for futures and have them shipped to a trustee? I'd drive up myself but I'm out of the country until February...

36. mkotsayfan

mkotsayfan Jul 27, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

Is it officially all gone now or are there a few stragglers?

37. Rau71

Rau71 Dec 12, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

Had some one steal my bottle of Cigar City Cucumber Saison too. It was super late and I didn't need to drink anymore but still weak.

38. HaveUSeenMyCellar

Beer Trader

Looks like they are out of Rum and Java last I called.....still some Pappy. :)

39. Catchy_Name

Catchy_Name Dec 21, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

It's really sad to see this happen at events more and more.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe