Eclipse Party, and more...

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by Tashbrew, Oct 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulStoneAnchor

PaulStoneAnchor Initiate (0) May 30, 2009 California

Thanks for the info, Todd. I got confused on when they were going out, cause I just thought it was last Friday and Monday that they were only going out for pickup. I definitely appreciate you guys holding on to them so they don't freeze. :slight_smile: I am definitely excited to try this years variations! I think the only thing to do now is track down a PVW, Rum, HW Rye, and Vanilla. :slight_smile: Anyone wanna help a brotha out?? :grinning:

2. Tashbrew

Tashbrew Initiate (0) Dec 29, 2007 California

Good question... If there is no skiable snow on ground we are in a lull. When we started Eclipse we targeted post
    Thanksgiving but prior to Christmas. Christmas gifting was/is focus of time of year.

Though we can always expect it to be cold here in Truckee the sub zero was out of the ordinary.

3. Phobicsquirrel

Phobicsquirrel Initiate (0) Oct 1, 2013 Oregon

Probly a long shot, but anyone willing to do a portlander a solid? I'm looking to get 3 or 4 bottles of pappy, and I don't have the ability to drive to the pub. I'm sure we could work something out.

4. Piddmeista

Piddmeista Initiate (0) Apr 15, 2013 California

Assuming Java is one of the spirit aged Eclipses but with coffee added, I've been wondering which specific barrel eclipse Java is or if it is a blend of different eclipses with coffee added.

5. UCLABrewN84

UCLABrewN84 Initiate (0) Mar 18, 2010 California

This is what I heard. A blend of barrel aged variants with coffee added.

Piddmeista likes this.
  6. tyrsis

tyrsis Aspirant (216) Mar 13, 2009 California
    Trader

45% Imperial Eclipse Elijah Craig 12 (300 Day Aged Version)
    45% Totality Stout
    10% French Roast Cold Toddy from Wood Fire Roasted Coffee Co. Reno, NV.

7. huadog

huadog Aspirant (208) May 13, 2009 California

What are the details on the Vanilla? I was told at the party by the bartender that he thought it was a blend like grand cru with vanilla added.

8. thedankness

thedankness Initiate (0) Jan 14, 2013 California

Here is the label from my bottle. It is a blend of barrels with vanilla added like you said.
    [​IMG]

9. Tashbrew

This is the party bottle blend for 2012. 2013 involves several barrel types and a bigger Imperial Stout (Totality Squared) and a Specially roasted coffee/cold toddy from Wood Fire Roasted Coffee.

The Vanilla Eclipse was made from the blend prior to Cold Toddy addition.

There are 4 Roses, Rittenhouse Rye(2013 not offered but is in blend), HW Bourbon, Wild Turkey(2013 not offered but in blend). The RR and WT were so few in number barrels wise that we could not offer them for bottling.

Hope this helps.

10. Ahaley

Ahaley Initiate (0) Dec 24, 2009 Texas

If anyone hoarded any FF brewery only releases and is interested in a trade please hit me up. My cellar list isn't up to date but I have some more info online.

11. mdfb79

mdfb79 Poo-Bah (5,553) Jan 11, 2010 New York
    Society

Random question; there are two different versions of the High West Eclipse, right? I see entries on BA and RB for both a High West Bourbon and a High West Rye, but my Paypal invoice just names it as " '13 High West", so I wasn't sure which is coming.

12. beerific

beerific Initiate (0) Nov 8, 2010 California

Bourbon is the one that was available via futures.

mdfb79 likes this.
  13. hoserking

hoserking Initiate (0) Mar 28, 2010 California

What is bottle availability looking like at the pub? I am planning on being there January 2nd to pick up futures and would like to grab a few extras. Just curious what to expect.

14. mdfb79

mdfb79 Poo-Bah (5,553) Jan 11, 2010 New York
    Society

Awesome, thanks for the info!

15. Tashbrew

The next 12 days are the busiest of the year. Even though there isn't a ton of snow folks that have second or third homes here, or have ski leases for the holidays are either already in town or are on their way. So the reserve we have for Pub sales will diminish rather quickly. The Coffee Eclipse is sold out at the pub(it is in distribution so check your favorite bottle shop). There are a few remaining bottles of Pappy, and all other treatments available

Todd

16. hoserking

hoserking Initiate (0) Mar 28, 2010 California

Cool, Thanks Todd.

17. SHODriver

SHODriver Poo-Bah (2,524) Aug 13, 2010 North Carolina
    Society

and still no e-mail from alicia

18. m34josh

m34josh Initiate (76) Oct 19, 2009 California
    Trader

She told me No, so I wouldn't eagerly wait for her email