El Catador Club - Round 3

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by TampaRainman, Jan 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TampaRainman

TampaRainman Devotee (424) Feb 17, 2014 Florida
    Trader

Okay, so I don't have any real update here so sorry for the tease. :wink:

I just figured since ECC2 is dead and gone it might make sense to create a prospective thread for the forthcoming Round Three.

Let the conjecture, excitement, butt hurt and prayers for a barrel-aged Hunahpu begin.

To start the convo:

1. What would you like to carry over from Round 2? 10% tasting room discount was killer for locals. Teku was sweet. Getting first rights to Huna Day tix is awesome (though would have loved a +1). Lottery chances for El Cat beers and extra beers like Grandmule and Leon were great as well.

2. What's something new would you love to see? Members party at some point? Lottery for ECC members to have the chance to participate in a brewing new beer? Contest to name an El Cat release?

Let's get it started!

2. BKnarr

BKnarr Initiate (0) Sep 5, 2012 Florida
    Deactivated

Bring back the "whatever you want" growler in 32oz form. Please.

3. Thedrizzle

Thedrizzle Initiate (0) Sep 10, 2012 Florida

A 30 min pre entry at huna day ticket would be killer.....

4. TampaRainman

TampaRainman Devotee (424) Feb 17, 2014 Florida
    Trader

Yes. Almost forgot about that since the law changed. Skeleton Key growler was dope.

5. ahroun

ahroun Initiate (0) Aug 22, 2003 Florida

I was hoping that the extra this round would be 32oz growler to take the place of the 16oz El Cat growler. So that would be my vote for something I'd love to see.

jloomis likes this.
  6. The_FishermanJay

The_FishermanJay Aspirant (223) May 16, 2010 Florida
    Trader

So moved. All in favor?

7. Lapalou

Lapalou Disciple (322) Dec 21, 2014 Florida
    Trader

The prowler was a good money maker for them too. Plenty of extra pints purchased to go. Even if they just gave you the option to get 3 32oz fills of anything on tap.

The Huna day early entry idea would be awesome.

8. MacSon1982

MacSon1982 Initiate (0) Feb 22, 2015 Florida

Let me start off by saying I am not an El Cat member but definitely will be trying this "go around".

The beer brewed for the club should stay in the club (with exception to draught offerings at Huna day). The additional bottles should go to sale for the club members through a lottery style system.

The crowler should be upped to 32oz for every normal draught offering in the tap room and the 16oz should be solely for special and limited draughts (other breweries beers excluded).

Special El Cat events should be held throughout the year (maybe 3 excluding Huna day) where the draught list boasts tons of one-offs.

To be a member of an exclusive club should yield exclusive benefits. Why brew beer for the club then bottle it and sell the leftovers to the general public? I'm just as anxious as the next guy to get El Cat beers, but by selling the extras off to the general public really takes away from what the club should be.

I personally think CCB is going slightly in the wrong direction, but I'll be there in line, trying to jump aboard the crazy train.

9. BKnarr

Deactivated

By law, they are not allowed to fill 16oz growlers at all. That's why we had to stop using the original ones in the first place.

10. GameFreac

GameFreac Initiate (0) Apr 8, 2011 Georgia

What were all the round 2 beers? Trying to figure out what I haven't had.

11. Scope4Beer

Scope4Beer Initiate (139) Sep 28, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Rum BA Cafe Americano, Da Un Beso a la Botella, Sherry BA Zhukov, Endless Nameless, and Error Establishing Database Connection. Extras were Grandmule and Brandy BA Leon.

12. colt3ninja

colt3ninja Initiate (130) Sep 27, 2014 Florida
    Trader

I'd be happy with some exclusive taps.

13. atothesquiz

atothesquiz Initiate (0) May 2, 2011 New York

I'm curious why this is such a big deal for people.

rightcoast7 likes this.
  14. gjoker321

gjoker321 Initiate (0) Dec 26, 2007 Florida

From discussing this with people it's not a big deal except for a small, vocal sub-segment of the club. Vast majority of people are just happy not having to wait in lines during weird hours or take time away from their families and still get to try some fun CCB beers.

15. FATC1TY

FATC1TY Initiate (0) Feb 12, 2012 Georgia

Because majority of the clubs are like this with some beers going public.

See bruery reserve and hoarders societies

gjoker321 likes this.
  16. BKnarr

Deactivated

So we can stick our thumbs in our ears and wiggle our fingers while yelling "neener, neener, neener!" I'm just kidding. I'm a member and I absolutely don't care.

jloomis and gjoker321 like this.
  17. GameFreac

GameFreac Initiate (0) Apr 8, 2011 Georgia

Sweet...just realized I actually got to try all of them aside from the extras

18. The_FishermanJay

The_FishermanJay Aspirant (223) May 16, 2010 Florida
    Trader

The 10% discount at the brewery has been, by far, the best perk for me and the one I'd like to see continued.

Thedrizzle likes this.
  19. Bartos

Bartos Initiate (0) Mar 8, 2013 Florida

Good morning/ afternoon, evening/ whatever,

We are pleased to announce that membership renewal for El Catador Club Third Edition is ready to begin. All membership renewals will take place online. The renewal period begins now and will end on Monday, February 15th, at 1 pm Eastern time.

El Catador Club: Third Edition FAQ:

• How much does membership cost?
    • Membership for the duration of the third edition is $150.
    • What does membership include?
      • 1 bottle each of 5 different 750ml barrel-aged beers, selected by CCB.
    oEl Catador Club Spiegelau barrel-aged glass.

o10% discount on all CCB Tasting Room and CCB web store purchases.

• When do my membership benefits begin?
      • Benefits of membership begin on Monday, February 22nd.
    • When does membership end?
      • Membership has no set end date. Membership terminates 30 days after the fifth and final bottle release.
    • How long do I have to renew my membership?
      • Your opportunity to renew will end on Monday, February 15th at 11am Eastern time.
    • What happens if members don't renew?
      • Any open spots will be available to the public at a later date.
    • What is different about this edition of the club?
      • We have partnered with Nexternal to handle the web based portion of the club. Once you renew your membership online, you will have access to your personal El Catador Club account. This account allows you to stay up-to-date on which bottles are available, which of your bottles have been signed out (and by whom), purchase additional products, change your trustee, and update your personal information at any time. Checking out bottles in the tasting room has been simplified to an easy search of your name on a tablet. As soon as your bottle is signed out, it will be reflected on your personal account.
    • Can I Have a Trustee?
    • Yes. You can designate someone as a Trustee to pick-up your bottles in your place. To assign your Trustee, go to the My Account tab under your name on the top right hand side of the El Catador Club site after you have logged in to your account. You can designate your trustee under the Contact Information section. This is also where you can select for someone else to use you as a trustee.
    • Does my Trustee have to register themselves?
      • Yes. Your Trustee must create an account at store.cigarcitybrewing.com under the First Time Customer section. We are requiring registration for Trustees going forward so that we have contact information for everyone picking up bottles: not just members.
    • Can I give someone else my membership to renew in my place?
      • No. The name and membership must match our records. You cannot transfer your membership to someone else under any circumstances.
    If you do not intend to renew your membership, we are sorry to see you go! We would appreciate if you could please offer some feedback by taking a moment to respond to this email with a short description of your reasoning. Thanks

Once you have signed up for edition three, take a look around the new site to familiarize yourself with the new additions.

20. pisano

pisano Zealot (553) Sep 18, 2007 Massachusetts
    Trader

...and I am already having login issues.

Edit: if your zip begins with 0 do not enter 0 (use the last 4 digits only).

#20 pisano, Feb 1, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  21. Bartos

And cue bitching about service fees in 3...2...1...

22. Devman171

Devman171 Defender (602) May 16, 2013 Maryland
    Trader

10.50!! wtf!

looks like you can order a Da Un Beso now for pickup

23. EABbGD

EABbGD Initiate (124) Aug 8, 2014 Florida
    Trader

Renewed with no issues.

24. Kevinhcraig

Kevinhcraig Initiate (0) Jan 19, 2011 Florida

Were we charged sales tax last year?

25. Bartos

Same. Make sure to check out the website after you renew

EABbGD likes this.
  26. EABbGD

EABbGD Initiate (124) Aug 8, 2014 Florida
    Trader

*cough* Da Un Beso bottles *cough*

evilcatfish likes this.
  27. maximum12

maximum12 Poo-Bah (4,852) Jan 21, 2008 Minnesota
    Society Trader

Weird. I received the email but it's completely blank - no content.

pimpinmidget likes this.
  28. Lare453

Lare453 Meyvn (1,414) Feb 1, 2012 Florida
    Trader

page four of all other merchandise has bottles of da un beso, first come first serve.

And since i bitch about CCB fucking a lot up, i have to say this was a smooth process and worked out well. with a nice surprise at the end with the extra bottle.

29. Bartos

Or you can click on "Barrel Aged Beers" on the El Cat page after you renew and re-log in.

They also have extra Round 2 Tekus available (limit 1 per person)

30. Scope4Beer

Scope4Beer Initiate (139) Sep 28, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Renewed without problems. I like the little extra bonus. Botella is a great beer.

31. gjoker321

gjoker321 Initiate (0) Dec 26, 2007 Florida

Good catch! Totally missed these in my hurry to throw more cash at CCB!

valrxman and Devman171 like this.
  32. Devman171

Devman171 Defender (602) May 16, 2013 Maryland
    Trader

also, looks like the BA glass has the new El Cat design on it, pretty sweet!

valrxman and gjoker321 like this.
  33. mjmcdonough73

mjmcdonough73 Initiate (0) Feb 8, 2014 Florida

Renewed. Teku and Da un Beso in tow. Nice way to kick this off!

CaptainFleeker likes this.
  34. evilcatfish

evilcatfish Defender (611) May 11, 2012 Missouri
    Trader

Did anybody out of state notice that we get charged sales tax? I guess this is due to the fact that the bottles are still picked up in Florida and not shipped? Either way I'm looking forward to the beers!

35. rhsc15

rhsc15 Initiate (0) Apr 4, 2011 Illinois

They charged everyone sales tax. It's in the new T&C.

36. Lare453

Trader

ALL!!!!

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR BILLING ADDRESS IS CORRECT!

37. FrankenMiller

FrankenMiller Aspirant (203) Mar 5, 2014 Florida
    Trader

as in your CC and your address or your CC and the address on file with CCB?

38. Lare453

Trader

yes

39. yumbeer

yumbeer Initiate (0) May 20, 2014 Florida

Any idea when open slots will become available to the public? Will that be a sign-up in person at the brewery only kind of thing?

40. Thedrizzle

Thedrizzle Initiate (0) Sep 10, 2012 Florida

I'm guessing the 20th.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.