Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Endeavor launch

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by SweetBooze73, Feb 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bentwookie

bentwookie Jan 13, 2008 Texas

I've never seen the 4/06 and I find 2/27 more frequently than the 3/16.
    I did find some nice 5/15/12 Deviant Dales earlier this week. Yum

2. dumptruck81

dumptruck81 Dec 28, 2011 Texas
    Beer Trader

I can't seem to find any more recent than 03/16

3. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Apr 26, 2007 Texas

Good retailers will rotate their stock. Gabriel's has the 4/06, but it won't be put on the shelf until the older batches are depleted.

4. LadyOfMuchBeer

LadyOfMuchBeer Apr 30, 2011 Texas

Unfortunately, just because someone sells craft beer does not mean they have knowledge. These people do not know how crucial it is for this beer to be fresh.

5. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Apr 26, 2007 Texas

As much as many retailers would love to make old beer magically vanish and be replaced with fresh stuff, this isn't always possible. In the case of Endeavour (in certain markets), it may happen at some point. Silver Eagle is pretty good about swapping out old product for new stuff. Though their definition of "fresh" isn't always the same as ours. Ben E Keith (the largest craft distributor in TX, and the carrier of Endeavor for markets north of us), on the other hand, doesn't swap out product, PERIOD. And retailers can't just pull old product and let it sit in the back. We have to sell it. That's why the freshest batch of Endeavour hasn't been spotted on shelves anywhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe