Enjoy By 9-2

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by encladd, Aug 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. encladd

encladd Initiate (0) Mar 27, 2015 California

As is customary, I went to pick up the new Enjoy By yesterday. Dude at my bottle shop said that this batch was smaller than usual. He didn't give a reason why, just that the rep expressed this to him. As a result, he was only able to get 2 cases. Anyone else hear anything similar?

2. albee_jay

albee_jay Initiate (0) Feb 6, 2014 California

I know my LBS has a limit of 1 case per customer but I don't know how many cases they actually got in total.

3. clayfu

clayfu Initiate (0) Apr 27, 2010 California

i think every batch size is different. Some see limited distro, some see nationwide distro. I think if you check their website it'll tell you how far reaching it is.

edit: Yeah this batch is tiny. Only in California. The last batch made it to almost every state.

pinkgrenade and encladd like this.
  4. HoppyLuckyGoGo

HoppyLuckyGoGo Initiate (0) Apr 2, 2012 California

Clayfu.. They have been scaling down on enjoy to make more of a demand for it...
    They went over board previous years so they decide to scale down..

5. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2013 California

What Hoppylyckygogo said. They do this every now and then to increase demand for it down the road since they seriously over saturate the market with this beer.

Even a smaller batch in terms of STONE foot print, that's still a lot of bottles floating around.

HoppyLuckyGoGo likes this.
  6. encladd

encladd Initiate (0) Mar 27, 2015 California

Glad to be living in Cali! This is a world class beer that I look forward to upon every release.

StoneBrewing likes this.
  7. Aztec_Chris

Aztec_Chris Initiate (54) May 7, 2015 California

Probably a smaller batch this time so when they release Stone Enjoy By Black IPA in a few months there will be a high demand.

joeyjoey104 likes this.
  8. Justinsosmart

Justinsosmart Initiate (0) May 14, 2013 California

It's been sitting on shelves lately so it's a good call by Stone. Especially since the "expiration" date is so prominent...

9. Earlycsquid

remember they were cranking out another enjoy by date when the previous one's date hasn't even come close and had a couple of weeks left. They really started cannibalizing their own sales.. I mean, more so than they normally do in the IPA market with so many releases of hopped up beers.

10. joeyjoey104

joeyjoey104 Initiate (0) Aug 2, 2014 California

I spoke with a bottle shop owner and he said the Enjoy By series sells out within a week - faster than any beer he ever gets beyond some special limited release. I hardly see it sitting on shelves past its best by date.

Is this Black Enjoy By IPA confirmed?

11. Earlycsquid

That may be your observation of it. But when they were cranking out overlapping Enjoy By dates, it was sitting on shelves of Trader Joe's.

12. skunkpuddle

skunkpuddle Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2011 California

Unacceptable that this thread has a born on date of almost 10 hours and nobody has come in here complaining that there is another Enjoy By thread. Come on people. Get your mind right.

13. LKFH

LKFH Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2007 California

Is it possible this batch is smaller in order to make room for anniversary? Brewing and bottling probably overlapped, and shelf space does not magically increase to accommodate a special release.

14. Alpha309

Alpha309 Initiate (0) Nov 13, 2014 California

I see it sitting on shelves at all the shops I go to that stock it. Never more than a day or two past the date, but what shop owner want "expired" product sitting on the shelves. They would just be taking up more space.

15. xraided81

xraided81 Initiate (0) Jan 9, 2008 California

It's one of the best enjoy by batches . I was pretty much done with buying stone beers but this one made me a fan again

16. Aztec_Chris

Stone Enjoy BY 11.27.15 Black IPA

17. dcgunman

dcgunman Savant (938) Jul 1, 2009 California
    Trader

Only black on this release? Or will they have the regular as well?

18. Aztec_Chris

Just saw the Black IPA image floating around Twitter today so I'm not sure about the regular.

dcgunman likes this.
  19. sittinggc

sittinggc Aspirant (224) Mar 2, 2015 California
    Trader

There will be a regular release of Enjoy by 10.31.15

dcgunman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.