Equilibrium Mobile Can Release South Jersey Shore!

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by captainkrad, Jul 17, 2019.

1. captainkrad

captainkrad Disciple (357) Dec 14, 2014 New Jersey
    Trader

It’s going down!!! This Friday, July 19th @ 9:00 AM, (thanks to Thunderbolt Distributing) Equilibrium will be doing a mobile can release at Circle Liquor Store in Somers Point at the South Jersey Shore! This is a killer beer event for South Jersey, so get here early if you want some cans! Word has it that the Equilibrium crew is bringing 6 different cans and a collaboration bottle: MC2, Photon, Deviation, Energy Equals, MMM...OSA, Walk on the Sky, and Players (collaboration with Three Chiefs). Spread the word!

2. mumbles44

mumbles44 Aspirant (208) Jan 22, 2016 New Jersey
    Trader

lots of other parts of jersey that could have been hit on the way down.....

Mrstiffington and SammyJaxxxx like this.
  3. captainkrad

Trader

I think Equilibrium has several other NJ stops this weekend.

mumbles44 likes this.
  4. jesskidden

jesskidden Poo-Bah (1,850) Aug 10, 2005 New Jersey
    Society Trader

:rolling_eyes: A brewery's beer is sold at retail store, via the normal three tier system supplied by a third party distributor (or, in other cases, even self-distributed). Aren't all such common transaction by their very definition "mobile" ?
    How else does beer get from the brewery to the retailer?

5. mumbles44

mumbles44 Aspirant (208) Jan 22, 2016 New Jersey
    Trader

where?

Mrstiffington likes this.
  6. captainkrad

Trader

Not sure of exact locations.

7. jesskidden

jesskidden Poo-Bah (1,850) Aug 10, 2005 New Jersey
    Society Trader

The "Thunderbolt" Facebook page says:
    ...but I don't speak Facebookese, with all the @'s and #'s that link to nothing or just pictures, with no real info. Saying they'll be at "buyrite.wine" (no link) is pretty useless since there are dozens of Buy Rites in NJ. Maybe the JC one with this web address? https://www.buyritewines.com/

8. DrederickTatum

DrederickTatum Initiate (184) Dec 13, 2016 New Jersey
    Trader

It’s Hamilton Super BuyRite according to Equilibrium’s website.

9. Norexyet

Norexyet Initiate (161) Nov 23, 2015 New Jersey
    Trader

Circle liqour in Somers Point.

10. SammyJaxxxx

SammyJaxxxx Poo-Bah (2,324) Feb 23, 2012 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Never mind the beer. Will they have the brisket?????

11. tzieser

tzieser Meyvn (1,067) Nov 21, 2006 New Jersey

I picked up four packs of Proton, MC2, Mimosa and Walk On the Sky at Hamilton Super Buy Rite. They still had some of the Triple IPA left (Deviation?) but it’s too fucking hot out for 10% beer so I skipped out. Pretty chill situation at 11AM; walked in and grabbed whatever. I think there was one beer that sold out but I’m not gonna lose any sleep over it. I gotta say though, I gave out a hearty LOL when the cashier said there was a line around the building @ 9:00AM. I never cease to be amazed by beer release FOMO

12. tynian16

tynian16 Disciple (370) Oct 23, 2015 New York
    Society

I went a little after 11 and the Triple was sold out. Guy in the beer department told me about 100 people in line.

tzieser likes this.
  13. tzieser

LOL that's fucking ridiculous. If I saw that I would've turned around and gone home.

Yeah, there were 2 four packs of that TIPA left and I was thisclose to buying some but ~$80 was already plenty of money blown on four 4 packs as it was. Sounds like it got great reviews though.

This was my first time having Equilibrium and I gotta say, I really wasn't all that impressed. Walk On the Sky DIPA was pretty good but the flagships like MC2, Proton, MMM...Osa (not that the last one is a "flagship") were just slightly above average IMO. I'd be willing to argue that all of the beers I've had, Kane is just as good if not better. That's not to speak ill of Kane or Equilibrium for that matter. I just don't think the beers I had were not worthy of the hype at all. I wonder what I'm missing.

JackHorzempa likes this.
  14. tynian16

Society

In my opinion, Equilibrium is worth buying if you don't have to wait for it. They are hyped but no better than Kane or some others and I would take Other Half all day everyday over Equilibrium.

tzieser likes this.
  15. JackHorzempa

JackHorzempa Poo-Bah (4,152) Dec 15, 2005 Pennsylvania
    Society

FWIW, I am personally not too surprised to read this. Several folks posted that some Equilibrium beers were available in the Philly area as part of Philly Beer Week. I spoke to a couple of the managers of my local beer stores to see if they received any (they didn't). I did not make any further efforts since I suspected they would be good beers but nothing 'special' in comparison to beers I can purchase already.
    I would argue that you aren't missing a thing. Plenty of high quality beers already available for drinking.

On a related note 3 Floyds recently entered the Philly area market. My local Retail Beer Distributor (about a mile from me) currently has the three brands listed below. I have not purchased them (yet) and I would not be surprised that I won't buy them. Will they really be all that 'different' from other beers available for purchase?

Cheers!
    • Alpha King
    • Gumballhead
    • Lazer Snake

tzieser likes this.
  16. tzieser

I've only had the pleasure of trying OH a couple of times (one of the DDH Daydream beers, and Cabbage...I think) and they were spectacular. I'm lucky to be able to visit Tree House or Trillium every month or so when I visit home so I can relate to what your saying in that regard.

I'd even put Suarez above Equilibrium (only mentioning them because they're also up in that Hudson Valley area); mostly because their brewing philosophy falls more in line with what I'm looking for from a drinking perspective ("delicate, crispy little beers" or whatever their mantra is)

It was kind of a rhetorical question but I appreciate that I'm not alone in that viewpoint. Pretty sure Proton was like $16.99 or something....not worth that price at all, IMO. I'd take Kane Sneakbox any day for the same price (pretty sure it's closer to $14-15 actually)

Oh wow, that's great to hear that 3 Floyds is now available in PA. I've been wanting to try Zombie Dust for years and years now. Thanks for the info.

jonphisher and schteve like this.
  17. JackHorzempa

JackHorzempa Poo-Bah (4,152) Dec 15, 2005 Pennsylvania
    Society

Aw crap. Now I feel like I should buy this beer.:grimacing:

Cheers!

tzieser likes this.
  18. BikeChef

BikeChef Aspirant (254) Dec 27, 2007 District of Columbia

Having recently taken a road trip where I went out of my way to hit Equilibrium, I have to agree— a pretty big letdown. They’re quite a few steps below the level of OH, Tree House, Aslin, etc. The beers certainly weren’t bad, but I was scratching my head about the hype. The cramped tap room isn’t a great place to hang out either

tzieser likes this.
  19. digdug1810

digdug1810 Aspirant (231) Mar 1, 2011 New Jersey

equilibrium was great before they expanded... fluctuation used to rival any of the NE ipa's but then you know....things happen...oh well

tzieser likes this.
  20. Mineo

Mineo Disciple (373) Jul 7, 2010 New York

This talk of Equilibrium declining is news to me. Flux tasted the same as it always has.

Tap room is crowded, though no worse than HVB, and they’re opening up a bigger space soon anyway. Small crowded taprooms just seem typical in this area apart from Sloop’s big new facility.

21. tynian16

Society

I'm not saying they are declining. I just don't think they were ever in OH's league.

tzieser and SammyJaxxxx like this.
  22. rozzom

rozzom Champion (821) Jan 22, 2011 New York
    Trader

Still tops when it comes to brisket and hazebois line chugging skillz

tzieser, jonphisher and SammyJaxxxx like this.
  23. DrederickTatum

DrederickTatum Initiate (184) Dec 13, 2016 New Jersey
    Trader

+1 on being underwhelmed by EQ. I’ve had enough of their stuff that I can confidently say I don’t get the hype.

tzieser likes this.