Evil Twin Brewing Aún Más Todo Jesús

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by FSUlaw-and-brew, Oct 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FSUlaw-and-brew

FSUlaw-and-brew Initiate (127) Jul 20, 2015 Florida

[​IMG]
    Haven't found any other information on this one. Anyone have any other details. Anyone already sold on it ?

2. KingEdward

KingEdward Initiate (0) Jan 6, 2010 North Carolina

Iso.. everybody making a cinnamon, coffee, chili pepper, cocoa nib, cinnamon imperial stout.. i do like the chili pepper/cinnamon combination!

chrismann65 likes this.
  3. beernuts

beernuts Disciple (334) Jan 23, 2014 Virginia
    Trader

I'd be more excited if it didn't have coffee, but I generally love these types of beers (minus the coffee)!

The_Snow_Bird, KingEdward and KevSal like this.
  4. Nicolay3535

Nicolay3535 Initiate (0) May 1, 2012 Florida

5. tylerstravis

tylerstravis Meyvn (1,036) Feb 14, 2014 Colorado

If Cafe Jesus and Chili Jesus are any indication, this will rise to the top of all of those hitting this trend.

beernuts likes this.
  6. elektrikjester

elektrikjester Aspirant (232) Nov 15, 2008 Georgia

It does sound like a cross between the two beers. Frankly, I think those are very good, but not excellent entries in the Jesus series. For whatever reason, the Cervesera del Montseny versions just don't resonate with me as much as the Westbrook versions (especially if you consider beers like From Amager with Love as extensions of EMJ).

7. tylerstravis

I found the Chili Jesus to be one of the best Chili Stouts I've ever had.

Friendlyfire and spoony like this.
  8. emount91

emount91 Devotee (426) Aug 28, 2015 Connecticut

anyone know why they label it as a Malt Beverage as opposed to a Stout (like they used to)?

9. FSUlaw-and-brew

FSUlaw-and-brew Initiate (127) Jul 20, 2015 Florida

Could be just the freshness of when I had it, but the Cafe that I had was well balanced but not a huge coffee bomb. Anyone else experience that or did I wait too long to drink mine ? With that being said hoping this version is as well balanced, but with more coffee

10. Celtics76

Celtics76 Defender (686) Sep 5, 2011 Rhode Island

Are Evil Twin beers worth the price? They seem to just collect dust at every bottle shop due to the high cost. I think I've had one of their beers and thought it was nothing special.

FarmerTed likes this.
  11. RLLER

RLLER Initiate (0) Feb 5, 2015 Florida

As with any brewery it's all subjective. Some of the beers are, some aren't. I would spend $40 to drink Pappy Jesus again at Tørst.

tylerstravis likes this.
  12. elektrikjester

They vary, but their stouts and porter are generally strong.

Imperial Biscotti Break and Even More Jesus stand tall within the lineup. I'm also partial to Lil B, I Love You with My Stout, and Christmas Eve in a NYC Hotel Room. Double Barrel Jesus and Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Biscotti Break are always worth their high cost of admission, IMO.

Opinions will vary on the variants like Imperial Doughnut Break and IBB Natale with a Cherry on Top, and the Café and Chili Jesus, but they're at least good, IMO. From Amager with Love is awesome, IMO.

Among non-stouts, opinions probably will vary more, but Molotov Lite does have its fans.

Razrback5 likes this.
  13. Celtics76

Celtics76 Defender (686) Sep 5, 2011 Rhode Island

Thanks. I will give them a shot. It's just easy to pass given all the affordable beers from heavy hitters like SN, Founders, etc.

14. elektrikjester

Evil Twin is far from what I'd call affordable beer, but its stouts are generally quality products. EMJ and IBB are brewed at Westbrook, and their fingerprints are all over these beers, if that's a thing to you. Ditto for Double Barrel Jesus, Cognac Jesus, and the Pappy's versions, which were barreled at the same time as WB Mexican Cake.

Some people think these details don't matter much, but I think otherwise.

The only point I will add is that IBB is better the fresher it is.

KingEdward and Celtics76 like this.
  15. floridadrift

floridadrift Initiate (0) Oct 24, 2014 Florida

I know someone who will get this just because... @flexmagli

flexmagli likes this.
  16. MosaicDrops

MosaicDrops Initiate (159) Jun 4, 2014 New York
    Trader

Not to thread jack, but they also just posted another new brew -- a 4.2% version of IBB

17. Vitamin_Hop

Vitamin_Hop Initiate (132) Mar 26, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Does anyone else think it's slightly tacky that most of the Jesus beers are 12% and also distributed by twelve percent. At first cute, now I'd like to see different (read: higher) ABVs

emount91 likes this.
  18. KevSal

KevSal Meyvn (1,004) Oct 17, 2010 California
    Trader

i agree! so this will be mroe like bomb.

theyhad me till i noticed no madagascar forged whole aged vanilla beans. damn its a pass with out that!

on a serious note, that really is all thats missing to making it an abraxas/mexi cake/hunah clone

adding coffee makes it like the little brother Bomb!

KingEdward likes this.
  19. beernuts

beernuts Disciple (334) Jan 23, 2014 Virginia
    Trader

I totally disagree, 12% is pushing too high abv for me. 10% is usually about the max I like drinking, and those Avery beers are just stupid imo.

20. Zazzi82

Zazzi82 Meyvn (1,124) Feb 21, 2015 Tennessee
    Trader

I bought a 12oz bottle today at a bottle shop in Nashville for $8.99. I really like the Aun Mas Chili Jesus so I figured I'd give this a shot & the store only had a couple left. Hope it's worth the cash.....

ShepOK likes this.
  21. McThulhu

McThulhu Initiate (0) Jun 30, 2014 Minnesota

Celtics76 10/28/15
    Are Evil Twin beers worth the price? They seem to just collect dust at every bottle shop due to the high cost. I think I've had one of their beers and thought it was nothing special.

Imo it's hit or miss as far as "worth the price" but if you pick wisely you find the gems. James Beer was amazing, the Molotov series is good as well.

22. McThulhu

McThulhu Initiate (0) Jun 30, 2014 Minnesota

tylerstravis 10/28/15

I found the Chili Jesus to be one of the best Chili Stouts I've ever had.

I found that one to be a miss imo, I hoped for much more chili heat, more on par with Central Waters' Space Ghost Chili Stout.

23. spoony

spoony Poo-Bah (2,160) Aug 1, 2012 Colorado
    Society

I'm right there with you; I loved the Chili Jesus.

I was a bit letdown by Coffee Jesus (perhaps I had too high of expectations because of my, um, heavenly experience with the Chili version).

tylerstravis likes this.
  24. JoshVelez

JoshVelez Initiate (0) Mar 23, 2015 New York

i'm right there with you, their stouts haven't blown me away like double negative or any of the speedway stout varieties. Idk if its cause Jeppe likes to overload his stouts with Domino sugar rather then malts. ( went to two roads and saw pounds upon pounds of sugar and asked what that was for, was told jeppe uses sugar as one of his main ingredients in his brews)

other then that i never understood the hype behind them, idk anyone who wants to drink a 17% ipa that burns more then anything.

Celtics76 likes this.
  25. gillagorilla

gillagorilla Initiate (0) Feb 27, 2013 Maryland

The Jesus beers are probably the closes to being "worth the price." I only had a taster worth of James Beer, which I thought was good. I don't think that beer is "worth the price," at like $14 for a bomber of a 3.5% berliner. I love berliner's but that one didn't do it for me.

Molotov Lite is brilliant, especially for the package (4-pack of 16 oz. cans). I grabbed a $20-22 bottle of Molotov Heavy, which I'm not sure is worth the price, but I hope it is. I likened it to the pricing of a bomber of 120 minute. I'm excited though. I don't know if I should treat it like 120 and age it for a few years.

Chili is one of my favorite spiced/"hot" stouts. Phenomenal.

spoony likes this.
  26. tylerstravis

Exactly, especially since I'm a huge coffee guy!

27. tylerstravis

It's probably an old bottle, I wrote that four months ago and had it even before that. I'm guessing a lot of the heat fell off.

As for CW, that uses ghost peppers, I would expect it to be hotter!

Give Ghost Face Killah a try :slight_smile:

Moose90 likes this.
  28. johnnybgood1999

johnnybgood1999 Disciple (332) Oct 31, 2008 Virginia

I had chili Jesus and thought it was just a bit lacking in the heat department. I was wondering if the chili was prone to falling off with age. After reading your post I'm guessing it is.

29. Moose90

Moose90 Meyvn (1,404) Nov 25, 2012 Washington

Haven't seen anyone else post the answer, but this beer is an amalgamation of all (Todo = All) the Jesús variants — Chili, Cafe, Aún Mas, etc. . . I'll post more once it comes in.

This one will be one of the most expensive single bottles (11.2 oz), and only available by the single bottle (at least in this market).

30. tylerstravis

Chilis fall off very fast.

johnnybgood1999 likes this.
  31. BradenMK

BradenMK Aspirant (269) Sep 24, 2012 Alaska

Good god. $8.99 actually sounds like a somewhat reasonable price for this brew if it's anything like it sounds (DELICIOUS). I'd love to pick up a couple at that price, yowsa!

RobNewton likes this.
  32. Uconnelmo

Uconnelmo Zealot (525) Jan 2, 2015 Connecticut
    Trader

I 've been mostly disappointed with their beers of late. Overpriced and overrated.

33. The_Snow_Bird

The_Snow_Bird Poo-Bah (1,533) May 7, 2015 Florida

Love me some of this.

34. steveheady

steveheady Initiate (135) Apr 2, 2013 South Carolina
    Trader

I wrote a review on this todo version. Just like people are saying, resembles bomb! But better. Lots of heat from the chilis. Def worth the price

35. tylerstravis

Has anyone seen this west of the east coast?

36. Betolito

Betolito Aspirant (253) May 20, 2012 Nevada

Love this one, I try to get it when I can since it's one of the very few beers my father, an avid budweiser drinker, actually asks for when he visits. Hope to see it now that I am in NV. Cheers!

37. Moose90

Moose90 Meyvn (1,404) Nov 25, 2012 Washington

I've seen it for preorder but I haven't seen any come in just yet.

tylerstravis likes this.
  38. WCKDVBZ

WCKDVBZ Initiate (0) May 9, 2014 South Carolina

Bought a bottle yesterday for $7.99.

39. RDMII

RDMII Disciple (385) Apr 11, 2010 Georgia

Atlanta got it last week, $6.99-7.99 retail. I'm tempted but after drain pouring four bottles of Cognac Jesus (all infected), I'm leery.

40. WCKDVBZ

WCKDVBZ Initiate (0) May 9, 2014 South Carolina

This is really great stuff. Don't worry about infection, it's not barrel-aged. And I would try contacting Evil Twin or Westbrook regarding Cognac Jesus. That's $100+

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.