Evil Twin Imperial Biscotti Trade Value

Discussion in 'Trade Talk' started by Headyman, May 9, 2013.

1. Headyman

Headyman Initiate (109) Mar 7, 2013 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

A local store has cases upon cases just sitting around for 19 bucks a bottle... Is it worth anything more than that?

2. phishphorce

phishphorce Initiate (0) Aug 4, 2011 Pennsylvania

Nope. But its tasty.

Rutager and BAstoutsNsours like this.
  3. SpdKilz

SpdKilz Meyvn (1,359) Jan 8, 2009 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Think that answers your question...In today's beer culture, if there is "anything worth buying" there will not be cases of it sitting around :slight_smile:

The first batch held some value, but this time around there is plenty of it. While it is highly rated, it is most likely not worth anything more than what you pay for it...and even then it is an expensive bomber of beer.

4. jaminjohnson

jaminjohnson Initiate (189) Jul 3, 2012 Yukon (Canada)

I bought some around my parts for like 14$ a bottle, not sure I'd drop 19 on one

smutty33 and sandman3479 like this.
  5. JulianB

JulianB Initiate (0) Feb 1, 2012 South Carolina

It's a great beer that's not especially hard to find or get. I have and will trade it at $4$ for good locals, also traded one (plus some other stuff to make up $4$) to a very generous trader for a FW XIII.

6. Headyman

Beer Trader

Awesome, thanks for the input... glad I didn't spend the 19 then.

7. mklever42

mklever42 Aspirant (200) Apr 28, 2012 Colorado
    Beer Trader

For me, I thought it was one of the tastiest NON BARREL AGED stouts I have had. Would I spend $19 on it if I saw it? If I was traveling and saw it, yes, because I don't have access to it. If you haven't had it, buy it. It is a fantastic beer.

8. MADPolo

MADPolo Initiate (0) Dec 19, 2012 Alabama

$19 seems rough, but its still a good beer to drink! Don't pass on it just because you can't trade it.

domtronzero likes this.
  9. evilcatfish

evilcatfish Defender (639) May 11, 2012 Missouri
    Beer Trader

I agree with everybody else, $19 is steep. In trading, I don't think it has much value but for drinking, priceless

10. Trevdawg

Trevdawg Initiate (0) Feb 9, 2012 New Hampshire

its very tasty. I used one recently to get a bottle of Old HLT+

11. yeahnatenelson

yeahnatenelson Meyvn (1,176) Feb 8, 2010 Illinois
    Beer Trader

There should be a Trade Value 101 thread to explain these kinds of things.

abecall98, SpdKilz and domtronzero like this.
  12. Headyman

Beer Trader

Not exactly diving in head first nor expecting anything... simply asking a question. Cheers.

13. yeahnatenelson

yeahnatenelson Meyvn (1,176) Feb 8, 2010 Illinois
    Beer Trader

My comment was by no means a knock against you. Learning to assess trade value is not an easy thing, and as of now one's only option is to constantly lurk the trade forum and hope to follow all of the unspoken rules.

I may tempt to get further in depth with this (maybe even a thread!) when I have the time, but an easy rule of thumb is to compare the Wants against Gots. This is by no means a perfect indicator, but if what you are thinking of trading has nearly as many or more gots than wants, it's not going to trade for much more than locals and other easily found beers.

domtronzero likes this.
  14. Headyman

Beer Trader

No problem, just a little stressed right now. I'll keep the wants and gots in mind, that's a good call. Thanks.

15. tinypyramids

tinypyramids Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2012 Illinois

batch 1 had some trade value until batch 2 came out. batches 2 and later are basically shelf beers - i can think of at least two different stores where i could go buy it right now within a 15 minute drive (and for less than 19 bucks).

further proof that just because a beer is good doesn't always mean it has trade value above its dollar cost.

16. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 Initiate (0) Mar 19, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I'd say it's worth about $10 + early onset diabeetus. Unfortunately most places sell it for $14 - $15. Luckily I got this one as an extra.

17. mikeincharleston

mikeincharleston Defender (643) May 1, 2009 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

We brew it for ET and its pretty much brewed regularly so it isn't hard to get.

18. mikeincharleston

Beer Trader

Just a note about batch 1. All the labels are the same so I don't know how you could tell if you had batch 1 or not

Edit: I was just saying this as a trading note. There is no way to differentiate between batches

19. tbadiuk

tbadiuk Aspirant (272) Feb 9, 2009 Manitoba (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Out of curiosity, are there any differences recipe-wise between b1 and the others?

20. tinypyramids

tinypyramids Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2012 Illinois

i'm not saying that batch 1 has more trade value *now* than previous batches - when this beer first hit it had people seeking it out quite a bit, but once it got more into circulation its trade value dropped quite a lot. then again, it could be all my perception - i didn't really know a whole lot about trading at the time.

21. mikeincharleston

Beer Trader

I realized what you meant, that's why I edited my post. Just letting people know.

22. mikeincharleston

Beer Trader

No difference in the recipes, the only difference is with the first batch we put the almonds and vanilla in the fermenter and it was a gigantic pain in the ass getting those bags out. From then on we put the spices in the brite tank when we moved the beer and then it ages there. Much much easier to do it that way

Lasering and tbadiuk like this.