Favorite YouTube beer show?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Admbmb92, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Admbmb92

Admbmb92 Initiate (0) Oct 6, 2013 Oregon

What's your favorite beer reviewer on YouTube? My favorite is beer geek nation but I also have like better beer authority and hop zines

2. MrDave

MrDave Devotee (466) Jan 23, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Like CSPAN, I always knew these videos existed, but I'm always blown away to learn someone actually watches.

dennis3951, JimKal, jdell15 and 16 others like this.
  3. tylerstravis

tylerstravis Meyvn (1,020) Feb 14, 2014 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Somel3uddy and moysauce like this.
  4. BH712

BH712 Initiate (0) Jan 29, 2014 District of Columbia

Definitely Beer Geek Nation, not exactly sure why he's considered over the top and annoying. I used to enjoy New Brew Thursday when it was on. Better Beer Authority and Real Ale Craft Beer go back and forth for me between fun and annoying.

Badfish and NonicPanic like this.
  5. priwen

priwen Initiate (0) Apr 1, 2007 Arkansas

I like Ronald Theriot's Louisiana Beer Reviews, Beer Geek Nation, TMOH, and Chad'z Beer Reviews

6. NAPO

NAPO Aspirant (259) Jan 7, 2014 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Greg Beers Reviews. He's a likeable guy.

7. Treyliff

Treyliff Poo-Bah (3,582) Aug 10, 2010 West Virginia
    Premium Member Beer Trader

Beer Geek Nation is the only one I watch.

Badfish, DaverCS and NonicPanic like this.
  8. Burkbom23

Burkbom23 Zealot (513) Mar 11, 2013 Connecticut

Beer Geek Nation and Gregs

9. aleigator

aleigator Poo-Bah (1,518) May 10, 2014 Germany
    Beer Trader

I enjoy the podcast from the beer temple a lot lately, as Chris Quinn really is both informative and entertaining. Also he is often referring to a whole beer style, its origins, and background, than just reviewing a single beer.

10. JohnnyMc

JohnnyMc Champion (889) Feb 14, 2012 Ohio
    Beer Trader

Better Beer Authority (new and old, doesn't hurt that I know the guys :stuck_out_tongue:).
    DJ's BrewTube (seriously go check out his videos. he is funny, but educational and informative).
    New Brew Thursday was always fun when it was around.
    Rich's World Beer Tour (very laid back and calm with a ton of great tasting notes).
    PABrewNews (especially if you like metal \m/).
    The Master of Hoppets (but who doesn't know who Peter is by now?).

And many others I watch too. Not a big Beer Geek Nation fan (only applies to Chris' reviews, I really enjoy Jamison, Ryan and Winton quite a bit). If I wanted a 3 minute description with 20-40 tasting notes that are pretty far out I would keep it on BeerAdvocate. :wink: (kidding!)

11. vshay

vshay Initiate (0) Jun 23, 2013 Pennsylvania

Greg's beer reviews and beer geek nation

12. raulstotle12

raulstotle12 Aspirant (218) Feb 19, 2014 California

Greg's Beer Review!

13. tmm313

tmm313 Zealot (575) Nov 6, 2011 Georgia
    Beer Trader

Greg's Beer Reviews is my favorite. Master of Hoppets and Beer Geek Nation are up there, too.

14. beardown2489

beardown2489 Disciple (382) Oct 5, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Proper Hops used to be awesome.

Ryan of Beer Geek is great.

But the best is certainly Chris Quinn of The Beer Temple in Chicago. He also makes all of his reviews available via podcast.

There are lots of good ones. Darwin, The group from Erie, Greg.

Badfish likes this.
  15. ScottK22

ScottK22 Aspirant (262) Dec 30, 2010 New York

Beer Geek Nation

Erie Better Beer Bureau

16. JohnFatAss

JohnFatAss Devotee (460) Jan 22, 2011 New Jersey

Louisiana Beer Reviews with Ronald Theriot.

17. threeviews

threeviews Zealot (581) Apr 18, 2011 Florida

Beer Geek Nation...Chris Steltz has matured rather well with his reviews...format, duration and observation. However, I find that (as his popularity grows) the beers he reviews are often "white whales" and otherwise beers hard to obtain (Mid-Atlantic) region. Greg is certainly informative, yet find his southern and otherwise laid-back style a bit ponderous. I do like Better Beer Authority, but find me watching (legacy episopdes) of them when researching a beer I have yet to try. Maybe I should start my own beer vlog?!

Badfish, dar482 and FearTheSpear14 like this.
  18. JFear

JFear Initiate (126) Jun 18, 2014 Virginia
    Beer Trader

I, and probably others, would say it's his voice that's annoying.

And he's not afraid to review Lime-A-Ritas and other macros!

19. SerialTicker

SerialTicker Poo-Bah (1,760) Jun 18, 2012 Michigan

For.me.it's.his.persona.He.is.way.over.the.top.and.is.borderline.intolerable.now.

Just.like.reading.my.posts.when.I.don't.have.a.working.space.bar.must.be!

20. WCKDVBZ

WCKDVBZ Savant (961) May 9, 2014 South Carolina
    Beer Trader

"Hi guys! Let's see what's in the fridge today!"

21. kevinlater

kevinlater Defender (674) Aug 9, 2013 Ontario (Canada)

dar by far because he doesn't do unnecessary greg-esque rambling @dar482

alexk307, jrnyc and dar482 like this.
  22. Beer_lover89

Beer_lover89 Disciple (347) Aug 9, 2013 Texas
    Beer Trader

Beer geek nation!

HopHunter19, Badfish and NonicPanic like this.
  23. Broanoke

Broanoke Initiate (0) Feb 23, 2013 Virginia

Darwin and Chris Quinn/Beer Temple. That is all you need to know.

nullvoid, tzach and dar482 like this.
  24. FearTheSpear14

FearTheSpear14 Initiate (0) Jun 3, 2014 Florida

It all started with Chad'z Beer Reviews. That dang intro gets stuck in my head every time! I am also a fan of VideoBeerReviews with Mark. He seems to be very thorough and doesn't shoot through a review in 2-3 mins like some others I have watched. He's also got a sweet backyard. Greg's has been a long time favorite of mine as well.

NonicPanic likes this.
  25. zookerman182

zookerman182 Defender (602) Oct 8, 2013 Alabama
    Beer Trader

Erie Better Beer Bureau has become my new favorite, Maury seems to know his stuff every time.

Greg's beer reviews are really great but his videos are too long and the one episode bugged me when he kept begging for people to send him another speedway stout. Otherwise I really love his videos, he tells it like it is.

DJ's brew tube is so good. Love his energy and KNOWLEDGE. I think him and I would get along. Genuine dude.

Beer geek nation is predictable and steltz must have a super palate and nose with all those millions of flavors and smells he picks up. I still enjoy watching though and like how he only does whales.

Peter master of hoppets is pretty much perfect. He keeps the reviews mostly short and sweet.

What cheers is friggin hilarious. The dude freaks out over every beer like he's touching a boob for the first time. His reviews are entertaining and I love the beers he's chosen to review but his reactions are just priceless.

In conclusion, I know way too much about YouTube beer reviews

26. BullDoza

BullDoza Aspirant (262) Apr 12, 2014 Texas
    Beer Trader

Greg all the way. He's normal, easy to like, and I appreciate his tangents.

BeerBobber, NonicPanic and JdoubleA like this.
  27. Hoppsbabo

Hoppsbabo Champion (825) Jan 29, 2012 United Kingdom (England)

Zak Avery used to do some great reviews.

BigMike likes this.
  28. Mojo

Mojo Champion (845) Jul 21, 2012 Alabama

Greg's Beer Reviews. He just seems like a real down to earth guy and I love the deal where he says "let's go see what's in the 'fridge." and then he shows a bunch of different bottles.

I didn't like it when he dyed his hair black though. The grey suits him so much better.

HermitDan, Badfish and NonicPanic like this.
  29. Farnswurth

Farnswurth Disciple (368) Sep 9, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Favorite is Peter, the Master of Hoppets (and of course Jacob the lord of malts)
    Nice, strait to the point reviews without a bunch of BS thrown in (im looking at you Beer geek nation). Also, most of the beers he reviews are of some interest to me.

Greg is great too, but I usually find my self getting bored with all the extra stuff thrown in (Pairings, glassware, going through beer advocate and ratebeer reviews).

Loved the old Better Beer Authority. Not a big fan of the new guys, and the production is a whole lot less polished, but it does seem to be the only place that does blind ratings which I do like.

New brew thursday was great. Sad to see it go

jae, sunnrider and JohnnyMc like this.
  30. joelwlcx

joelwlcx Initiate (198) Apr 23, 2007 Minnesota

I HATE better beer authority.

Greg's beer reviews has got to be my favorite as of late.

rhartogsq, AugustusRex and Hoppsbabo like this.
  31. hardy008

hardy008 Poo-Bah (1,969) Jan 12, 2008 Minnesota

Greg's Beer Reviews and Beer Geek Nation are my two favorites. I also like the WTOP Beer of the Week videos with Greg Engert and Brennan Haselton. I liked the original Better Beer Authority reviewers, but don't like the guys doing the show now.

NonicPanic likes this.
  32. cultclassic89

cultclassic89 Zealot (567) Oct 19, 2013 Texas
    Beer Trader

Not really a show per se, but I enjoy watching Peter (Master of Hoppets) review beers. When he tries something he loves, he's always so enthusiastic about it.

33. Kuaff

Kuaff Initiate (0) Mar 31, 2013 Alaska

Peter, that Dutch guy who calls himself "The Master of Hoppets," is definitely my favorite. Probably because his opinions of various beers almost ALWAYS mirror my own very closely. Plus, he's very good at describing the complexities which make a beer good (doesn't just say "duurrr, it's good"). And I also think it's adorable when he gets all euphoric and excited whilst reviewing something he really likes. I'm the same way, hehe.

JohnnyMc and dar482 like this.
  34. RBassSFHOPit2ME

RBassSFHOPit2ME Meyvn (1,126) Mar 1, 2009 California

I don't have this much time on my hands anymore to really chime in here. But when I did, there was no equal to Mark Starr and the Hopry. RIP.

Scotchboy, Broanoke, BigMike and 7 others like this.
  35. Janis_Hoplin

Janis_Hoplin Initiate (0) Oct 19, 2013 Colorado

I like Brewing TV a lot from the Northern Brewer guys

36. zenwatts

zenwatts Disciple (341) Oct 26, 2005 Minnesota

Peter - The Master of Hoppets!

JohnnyMc likes this.
  37. jae

jae Initiate (197) Feb 21, 2010 Washington
    Beer Trader

Chop & Brew

38. dar482

dar482 Poo-Bah (3,508) Mar 9, 2007 New York
    Beer Trader

Thanks a lot guys for the support.

I got into doing reviews because I enjoyed so many out there.

Beer Geek Nation, Chris Quinn from Beer Temple, Master of Hoppets, DJs BrewTube, What Cheers, Erik Wood, Maria Devan, Eerie Better Beer Bureau, Crafty Beer Reviews. And more.

Each and every one offers something different that I enjoy and I'm glad to see so many awesome reviewers out there!

39. ESCO138

ESCO138 Aspirant (232) Dec 10, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

The Beer King / YouTube Channel: Beer King / Something for us Latino folks / you're welcome.

GuidedbyBeers likes this.
  40. GoatmanBrewsMD

GoatmanBrewsMD Disciple (306) Dec 16, 2010 Maryland
    Beer Trader

Beer Reviews: Master of Hoppers, DJs Brew Tube, StumpyJoe (Ryan) and Beer Geek Nation.

Homebrew Channels: Chop N Brew (Chip Walton is just an awesome dude), Don Osborne's channel, and most of the folks who do Homebrew Wednesdays. All are pretty entertaining and informative for the most part.

robconoclast likes this.