Fetching Lab Brewery (Alvin, Tx)

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by Ford, Jun 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ford

Ford Initiate (0) Sep 8, 2012 Texas

They are having a tasting event at the brewery on June 6.

http://www.fetchinglabbrewery.com/

I've been out there once before and had a good time. Bring your own chairs. I believe its 15 bucks for three pints and glass, or you can buy pints for 5 bucks each.

Really good people as is usually the case in the craft beer world.

Set in the country a bit, not far off of Highway 6 in Alvin. You will certainly need to use GPS to get there! You'll actually be on a dirt road once you get to the brewery.

Cheers!

champ103 and HopAG like this.
  2. uhcougar

uhcougar Initiate (0) Mar 27, 2010 Texas

What kind of stuff are they brewing? They didn't have any beers listed on their website.

3. TTUJohn

TTUJohn Initiate (150) Nov 13, 2012 Texas

I went a month or so ago, I think they had a Wheat, an IPA, a Pale Ale and one other, maybe 2, others. I liked both the IPA and Pale, my wife and mom liked the Wheat beer a lot.

It's a nice small place, they have a bunch of outdoor games (washers, cornhole etc). Not a bad place at all

HopAG likes this.
  4. HopAG

HopAG Initiate (0) Sep 22, 2012 Texas

This is pretty close to where I live, i will def consider visiting

Ford likes this.
  5. Ford

They had a pale ale I really liked. The IPA was good and the wheat was really nice in my opinion. I believe they now have a chili stout of some type usually.

They have only been open for a few months. Really nice people. Really laid back atmosphere. Bring chairs and food if you want.

I wouldn't expect anything crazy at this time. They haven't sent any beer out to bars yet as far as I know. These tastings are helping them dial things in and get feedback on which beer they want to take forward.

6. Ford

It is about a 6 minute drive from my house.

Also I believe the head brewer came from O'Connor Brewing Company in Norfolk, Virginia. He started working there when he got out of the Navy. He is the cousin of one of the owners.

#6 Ford, Jun 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  7. greenspointexas

greenspointexas Savant (923) Jan 16, 2011 Texas

Was able to get out there yesterday.. had a great time. All of their beers were solid, at worst. Really dug the IPA and Wheat beer. Also had an Amber, Chile Chocolate Stout, and Pale Ale. Root beer was legit as well.

Worth a visit for sure, but its a nice little drive if you don't live on the south side of town

Ford likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.