FFF- Horny for Blood

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by Samjuan12, Sep 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infinite1

Infinite1 Initiate (0) Jul 2, 2010 Illinois

Damn it.. I want this beer

2. 77apm

77apm Devotee (478) Nov 10, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

There where still some there as of 1130 last night

3. DrunkAl

DrunkAl Initiate (0) Apr 22, 2014 Illinois

Still listed on their website, they are usually pretty good about updating.

4. jplopez21

jplopez21 Initiate (0) Nov 14, 2012 Illinois

Here right now. They still have some. And frickin zombie dust too. Long ass line. Oh and this just happened too while i was in line. Random as hell.

5. Irishace9

Irishace9 Devotee (432) Sep 7, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

How is it?

6. Irishace9

Trader

Any good?

7. cwehr13

cwehr13 Aspirant (256) Aug 4, 2011 Illinois

I liked it

Irishace9 likes this.
  8. sahd-1

sahd-1 Disciple (338) Jul 2, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

If that guy is a friend of yours, you need to find a new friend.

Brew33 likes this.
  9. JakeT469

JakeT469 Aspirant (277) Jan 13, 2012 Colorado

There's still bottles available as of now. Just saw some old dumb ass ask if there was ZD after they put up 2 BOLD signs on the door and chalkboard saying "NO ZOMBIE DUST". Never ceases to amaze me.

jplopez21 likes this.
  10. jplopez21

jplopez21 Initiate (0) Nov 14, 2012 Illinois

They're a couple guys on youtube who chug rare beers lol. Dont ask me why.

mpayne5 likes this.
  11. sbxx

sbxx Initiate (0) Mar 21, 2011 Illinois

I get what they're doing... beer culture can be way too serious and stupid.... but it doesn't change the fact that chugging a Dark Lord or a Horny4Blood is equally fucking stupid.

nicholasofcusa and egrace84 like this.
  12. nnutthowze09

nnutthowze09 Initiate (0) Mar 12, 2014 Illinois

...I'm shocked they didn't get booted for drinking in the parking lot...and yes, the intelligence level of this is questionable, but if you're looking for some real mind blowing action, just search them chugging a bottle of BCBS Rare

patrad likes this.
  13. stephenieman

stephenieman Initiate (0) Oct 14, 2011 Illinois

That is PK of Metropolitan Brewing and "Just Keep Tasting" is hilarious.

14. Skye1024

Skye1024 Initiate (0) Oct 3, 2009 Indiana

What's with the guy putting a straw in the bottle before chugging? I saw a video of a guy chugging a fifth of JD as well recently and he similarly used a straw. What am I missing?

15. Vav

Vav Aspirant (264) Jul 27, 2008 Illinois

FTFY

16. Vav

Proper airflow.

17. Jonnyhiggs

Jonnyhiggs Initiate (0) Dec 7, 2012 Illinois

I must have just missed this!!!!

18. DrunkAl

Physics. As liquid leaves the bottle, air has to enter. If that is all happening through the same hole at once it doesn't pour as fast. The straw gives another path for the air to enter.

Try it in your own sink, fill a bottle with water, dump it out up side down, then again with the straw. You'll be amazed at how much more quickly and smoothly it comes out.

19. Samjuan12

Samjuan12 Initiate (0) Jun 17, 2012 Illinois

@jplopez21 funny thing is that I thought about making a random trip to TG that day too, then I was heading out the door to go to FFF, called a late audible, made the 4.5 hr drive. :slight_smile:

jplopez21 likes this.
  20. FlssmrBrewAlum

FlssmrBrewAlum Initiate (0) Feb 25, 2009 Illinois

THIS.

PeeKay is a pretty great guy

21. Irishace9

Trader

Just let me know when you want to open that with me! :stuck_out_tongue:

Samjuan12 likes this.
  22. Metllica97

Metllica97 Initiate (146) Apr 27, 2014 Illinois

Not sure when it happened, but Horny for Blood is sold out...

communionofthesaints likes this.
  23. ColonelHopslam

ColonelHopslam Aspirant (265) Jan 22, 2014 Michigan

What's more amazing is that rue d Floyd also appears to be sold out

patrad and MasterPenguins like this.
  24. Metllica97

You mean Floyd D'Rue (Rue D'Floyd is the awesome one that's long sold out).

But yeah, holy shit! It's finally gone! I was just on there like 30 minutes ago, and it was still up, so this must have just happened.

25. Metllica97

Just checked, it was available at the end of June, so it took them over two months to sell through. Compare that to Rue D'Floyd, which took like two days. I honestly thought that Floyd D'Rue was the beer that was never going to die...

26. MasterPenguins

MasterPenguins Disciple (310) May 16, 2014 Indiana

Quoting myself from the "Bruery Rue D' Floyd and Floyd D' Rue" Thread so everyone here see it too. But there was at least a metric shit ton more of the Floyd d'Rue brewed (or atleast bottled).

27. Metllica97

You also have to factor in the fact that Rue D'Floyd was limit one per person whereas Floyd D'Rue was immediately two per person and then switched over to four per person shortly thereafter. I wonder how many people actually took advantage of that limit, or whether they would have even enforced it if someone asked for a case...

28. MasterPenguins

MasterPenguins Disciple (310) May 16, 2014 Indiana

I think they would enforce it no matter what. I have seen some people try to get more than the limit on some stuff that isn't super high demand (stuff like Deesko! limit 4), and it has always been met with a very stern "I can give you *insert limit here*."

I actually think in situations like that are the only times I've seen the typical to-go counter guy get mad. I usually chat with the guy (you'd think I'd know his name haha) when I am up there buying bottles, and he is really cool! But once I saw a guy after me in line be like "Can I get 6 bottles of Deesko!?" He was told that he can get four, to which he replied "Come on man, I came from a ways out, and no one will know." Lets just say the mood got super tense and high tailed it out of there.... He was probably hired partly on how well he can deny people like this.

29. DrunkAl

Well there were 600 RdF and 6000 FdR.

30. HugePrnceFan1999

HugePrnceFan1999 Initiate (49) Nov 30, 2011 Indiana

True American Heroes? Really? You think so? I think it's stupid to boast about chugging any beer, and I'd think you would be one to be bothered by the fact that Peekay is drinking in the parking lot where they make it very clear that drinking is illegal and not condoned. You wouldn't allow this in your parking lot, would you?

And really cool how Doug (owner of Metropolitan who Peekay works for) is also on this youtube "show" nearly puked when chugging a beer in a recent episode. Really cool stuff.

What type of humor is this supposed to be? I'm jaded by some of the beer geekery that exists, but I fail to see how this is awesome or funny. Enlighten me, please.

#70 HugePrnceFan1999, Sep 8, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  31. ColonelHopslam

ColonelHopslam Aspirant (265) Jan 22, 2014 Michigan

With all due respect HugePrinceFan1999, I think the true message of just keep tastin is that 'ITS JUST BEER', and Vav likely appreciates that. Sure Peekay was risking a civil infraction by doing it in the parking lot, but I don't think the setting is the reason some people appreciate the action.

While I would never chug a bomber of a BA stout, I appreciate that Peekay&Co. actually drinks the beer rather than punching the clown to them.

Farnswurth likes this.
  32. HugePrnceFan1999

HugePrnceFan1999 Initiate (49) Nov 30, 2011 Indiana

Sure, the collecting versus drinking thing can be discussed here, but chugging some of these beers is just odd. I guess I'm not much of a chugging fan no matter the beer. And if I brewed some of these beers I'd maybe even be offended by the practice. Weird to me to do something so potentially polarizing while representing the Metropolitan brand.

I liken this to going to a nice restaurant eating your food like a real a-hole

33. DrunkAl

Looks to me like he is on the sidewalk. Not in the parking lot.

In any case, the whole concept of the just keep tastin series is to make fun of people who are taking this way too seriously. And the breweries seem to be supporting them given the fact that 3 floyds tweeted out the youtube link and Perennial actually gave them two bottles of BA Abraxas for the show.

34. 1beardedbeerdrinker

1beardedbeerdrinker Initiate (0) Aug 5, 2014 Illinois

there were 4 bottles Saturday morning. 1st 4 guys in line got them. I was not one of them

35. Bay01

Bay01 Initiate (0) Nov 19, 2008 Illinois

Not nearly as stupid as waiting in line to buy beer though

jln83 likes this.
  36. Vav

^^^^^^that

37. BeerGreg

BeerGreg Disciple (366) May 17, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

Maybe just lighten up?

38. DrunkAl

Why? If I were a brewer I would be much more offended by people hoarding, selling, making ridiculous trade demands, bringing multiple mules after establishing limits, and any other of the crazy stuff most people around here are guilty of.

39. ratmoss

ratmoss Initiate (131) Sep 11, 2005 Illinois

It's more like performance art. Some art moves people, some art offends people, most art confuses people.

40. sbxx

sbxx Initiate (0) Mar 21, 2011 Illinois

They're his friends, so it's different. Obviously.

:rolling_eyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.