Dismiss Notice
Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Join us December 9th in Los Angeles for the ultimate throwdown of craft beer creativity!

Learn more...
Dismiss Notice
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

FFF Teku Glasses Back In Stock

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by EseLocoSS, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tinypyramids

tinypyramids Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2012 Illinois

i'm actually set on furious. gonna see where the rest of my glasses get allocated and then i may post another offer later.

2. zrab11

zrab11 Crusader (753) Dec 25, 2010 Indiana
    Beer Trader

Okay just let me know what u want and I'll try to get it

3. Jagen

Jagen Initiate (0) Oct 1, 2012 Illinois

any still left at the brewpub?

4. nickMB

nickMB Disciple (310) Nov 17, 2009 Illinois

My brewdog and mikkeller teku's agree.

5. powz87

powz87 Initiate (0) Jan 18, 2012 Illinois

They are still in just got a case

Snowrs likes this.
  6. powz87

powz87 Initiate (0) Jan 18, 2012 Illinois

They had a bunch too. The lady tried to get me to buy more than one 6 pack of them, but I don't think I have 12 friends.

7. Walden97

Walden97 Initiate (137) Mar 31, 2011 Texas
    Beer Trader

You could have instantly had one more friend :slight_frown: :wink:

Seriously, if anyone has 2-3 extra, please let me know. Gracias.

8. marshmeli

marshmeli Devotee (420) Feb 14, 2012 New York
    Beer Trader

Really wish I was closer to FFF def want one of these glasses, but am on East Coast. If anyone has an extra they would be willing to send me for cost+shipping, etc. Also I could trade a Hill Farmstead stemware glass for one of these. BM me.

9. ravot

ravot Devotee (426) Mar 20, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

are they out?

10. mbockstruck30

mbockstruck30 Disciple (319) Dec 31, 2010 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I love the tekus for tasting, but not for a full pour. I prefer a standard tulip to enjoy a full glass of IPA. For me, the tekus work best when only poured to about the line created by the "bulge" (for lack of a better term) at the bottom of the glass. At least in my experience.

11. tinypyramids

my fff teku is now one of my favourite glasses. it has all the temperature control of a stemmed wine glass with the concentrated opening for getting all those aromas concentrated right under your nose.

i wouldn't use one for a stout (or really anything that can be drank at room temp) but i can see this glass getting a ton of usage.

12. Auracom

Auracom Zealot (573) Nov 5, 2010 Illinois
    Beer Trader

As of 3:30 pm today, they still were available. I stopped in for all of 5 minutes to get a few spares.

13. immobilisme

immobilisme Aspirant (231) Nov 8, 2005 Illinois

Sacrilege that I have one of these but I have never used it?

14. maximthegreat

maximthegreat Initiate (190) Feb 13, 2013 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I don't think so. I used mine for the first time last night though.

15. nickMB

nickMB Disciple (310) Nov 17, 2009 Illinois

I seriously put the two I bought in some sort of weird modern china cabinet I got and am yet to use them. I think they're next to some useless waterford crystal shit my mom bought me for my wedding. Hey mom, you could have saved a few hundred bucks and gotten me something I like if you visited Munster instead of Marshall Fields.

16. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2011 Michigan

I broke up with my girlfriend when she broke mine.

crushedvol, steebo777, ravot and 3 others like this.
  17. jplopez21

jplopez21 Initiate (0) Nov 14, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

No. They're fragile as fuck. I just broke mine the other day by barely tapping it against my cabinet door. You really have to be careful with them.

18. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2011 Michigan

As long as you treat me to a meal at Hot Doug's after, I'll be whatever you'd like.

gpawned and maximthegreat like this.
  19. maximthegreat

Beer Trader

That's a long line for a hot dog. Usually worth it though.

20. immobilisme

I think everyone missed my point. I haven't used it because I prefer other glasses, not because I am afraid to break it.

I haven't broken a glass in (five?) years. I am not some damned neanderthal.

Ferocious likes this.
  21. maximthegreat

Beer Trader

Not sure how you would know that you prefer other glasses if you haven't used it. If you're basing it on the fact that you don't like tekus, then why buy it in the first place?

22. immobilisme

Glass Walez, bro. As they say.

23. Coirm

Coirm Initiate (184) Dec 12, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

ETOL - You still looking for a Teku?

24. NYCBUCKEYE

NYCBUCKEYE Initiate (103) Jan 21, 2013 New York
    Beer Trader

Please let me know if anyone has an extra glass or two. Can pay or trade for beer. Thanks

25. HugePrnceFan1999

HugePrnceFan1999 Initiate (32) Nov 30, 2011 Indiana

Holy jeez - the things you write on the internet make me think you're a an overly confident guy.

26. mbockstruck30

Beer Trader

27. JakeT469

JakeT469 Disciple (345) Jan 13, 2012 Colorado
    Beer Trader

I have an xtra Teku if anyone wants it? $9 straight up. I work in Shorewood and live in Oswego and can't drive... legally. Would have to make arrangements to meet up in either Oswego or Shorewood. BM a brotha if interested.

ravot likes this.
  28. MegDuf32

MegDuf32 Initiate (156) Jan 12, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I'm at the pub now. Still in stock. And just put.up ZD for sale

29. mbockstruck30

Beer Trader

Every fucking Tuesday. God damn them.

MarcatGSB likes this.
  30. tinypyramids

i have three tekus up for grabs at my cost. will also trade for kuhnhenn bb4d 1:1. drop me a BM.

superjose and Benny3000 like this.
  31. zrab11

Beer Trader

Do you think these will still be in Stock by friday? I have a friend who is coming down from South Dakota and stopping and picking me up beer In MN and WI and then was going to stop by FFF on friday and get some Teku's for me and him. So do you think they will still be in stock on friday at 2:30?

32. dblab33

dblab33 Initiate (0) Dec 9, 2011 Michigan

Your guess is probably as good as anyone else's. Clearly people thought they'd already be sold out by now so I'm not sure how you'd expect anyone to guess what will be left come Friday.

33. zrab11

Beer Trader

OK. Thats fair.. I might try to set up a trade for someone who can pick some up today and meet me buddy on friday at 2:30pm to swap out for money or MN or WI beer.

34. mbockstruck30

Beer Trader

Recent Tuesday ZD releases have sold out by Thursday.

35. steebo777

steebo777 Zealot (511) Jun 30, 2009 Michigan

Keeping my fingers crossed it lasts till I get there friday night.

36. tinypyramids

sorry, meant to clarify: this is for IP chicago only. not willing to ship these glasses - they are quite fragile and i can see why FFF won't ship them either.

37. chanokokoro

chanokokoro Champion (835) Jan 31, 2012 Illinois

I've shipped several to trade partners and friends with no casualties. Deschutes and Lost Abbey haven't had a problem shipping them, either. For the record, I have no problem with FFF's decision not to ship them along with HF, HotD and several other breweries that don't ship glassware. It's their glasses and therefore their choice.

38. ChiTownPackFan

ChiTownPackFan Initiate (0) Jul 6, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Just as chanokokoro has said, I've shipped about 50 of these things to friends all over the country and haven't had one break. If you got someone with BB4D that wants em but you have to ship, they'll probably be fine, just pack them well just like you would beer.

39. llckeller03

llckeller03 Initiate (0) Jan 20, 2012 Illinois

Has anyone know if they still have these available still? I'm planning on taking a trip there tomorrow to grab a few. I tried calling the brew pub but no answer.

40. c64person

c64person Devotee (427) Mar 20, 2010 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

They had them when I was there on Thursday, got 3 of them myself, the are awesome glasses, hope you find some!

llckeller03 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.