Fieldwork (2019)

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by jakecattleco, Jan 6, 2019.

1. jakecattleco

jakecattleco Poo-Bah (1,968) Sep 3, 2008 California
    Society Trader

All things Fieldwork for 2019. Appreciation, criticism, release details, etc.

vinylfiend1 likes this.
  2. IQBlue

IQBlue Initiate (120) Oct 2, 2014 California

I guess I’ll just ask my last question again. Anyone know when they tapped High Sea recently?

3. jakecattleco

Society Trader

Saw it in Sac last week

IQBlue likes this.
  4. KevSal

KevSal Savant (996) Oct 17, 2010 California
    Trader

first release of the year this weekend, Scream citra Scream and blackberry pairfait make a return

and a new beer in cans!

Ma9573 and bwelch21 like this.
  5. vinylfiend1

vinylfiend1 Initiate (65) Jun 8, 2013 California
    Trader

Anyone try c and c or citra scream? A buddy got me a couple of each

6. asong_net

asong_net Initiate (90) Jan 26, 2016 California
    Trader

Damn Viking’s Lament is dropping a few days before I get up to NorCal... guessing there’s no way it lasts till the 4th?

7. AndresR

AndresR Aspirant (201) Jul 19, 2009 California
    Trader

It won't last past the line when FW opens that morning. Might want to set up an IP trade as Your best chance. Last year's Viking's was fantastic!

8. ESB

ESB Initiate (40) Jun 17, 2017 California

Wow, DDH Pulp on the same day as Coconut Milk. I predict some really boozy SB parties…

9. Ma9573

Ma9573 Aspirant (243) Feb 21, 2017 California
    Society

DDH Pulp... Might have to brave the lines for that one...

KevSal likes this.
  10. jakecattleco

Society Trader

Any rumors on what was used for the DDH on Pulp?

11. atomicpunk5151

atomicpunk5151 Initiate (188) Jul 25, 2010 California

Agreed. I don't go down there on Saturday Releases......

But might for this one...

KevSal and Ma9573 like this.
  12. atomicpunk5151

No description yet. Can anyone read the fine print on the can?

Pulp, Pulp Free and Pulp Light only list CITRA Hops in their descriptions.

For DDH Pulp, Assuming more Citra? Something else?

KevSal, jakecattleco and Ma9573 like this.
  13. KevSal

Trader

im definitely avoiding Saturday now, ill try my luck on picking up a crowler of it later instead. people freak out around here for regular pulp i hate going to releases i want when pulp is tagged on, i can only imagine this one will be

TheBrewsky and atomicpunk5151 like this.
  14. atomicpunk5151

I sound like an old man talkin about the good old days....... but DAMN I miss the weekday releases from a few years back. Roll into the Sac tap room around lunch, no line, pick up cans. Would hit every release.

Now I rarely get cans. They are just spread to thin between the 6 taprooms. Even when I go for weekday lunch I rarely get crowlers.

15. Rustytacos

Rustytacos Initiate (112) Mar 19, 2018 California
    Trader

I miss the weekday releases as well. Fortunately there is a release on Friday Feb 1st, Vikings lament and destroyer of galaxies

atomicpunk5151 and KevSal like this.
  16. KevSal

Trader

i miss them too, which is why im sooo stoked for Feb 1st and no pulp lol. not hating on it but it just brings out he crazies. people line up to just to get pulp, when there are better beers that day being released, its bonkers

Rustytacos likes this.
  17. VitisVinifera

VitisVinifera Initiate (118) Feb 25, 2013 California

why are we avoiding Saturday releases? I was there for the Galaxy Sauce / Chocolate Thunder God Saturday release. I was there about 30 min early, got my full allotment. If you got there at opening you may have been SOL.

vinylfiend1 likes this.
  18. grilledsquid

grilledsquid Zealot (503) Jul 10, 2009 California
    Trader

How much time did you wait total?

19. grilledsquid

Trader

I really love Pulp so I might brave that Saturday crowd, though, I'd be just as happy with a growler fill.

KevSal, Ma9573 and jakecattleco like this.
  20. VitisVinifera

not long at all, I was there 30 min early, and when they opened up I was probably placing my order 5 min later, this in Sac

21. KevSal

Trader

exactly my point, if pulp had been at that release it would have been nuts

22. VitisVinifera

hm, I consider GS the best beer FW makes, and it's the only Saturday release I make the drive for.

23. jakecattleco

Society Trader

Agreed

I think many consider Pulp the closest recipe FW has to a flagship beer. While some batches may be a bit underwhelming, the good ones are some of the best hoppy stuff FW makes for my palate and preferences.

24. KevSal

Trader

shoot for me east motel is the best stuff they make, thanksfully people don’t flip it for it like pulp.

yea @jakecattleco hit it, it’s the closest to flagship they make, and when the batches are on it can be insane.

i also think that pulp is the most well know beer from fieldwork making it the most tradeable ipa which brings out a whole different crowd.

hopefully this ddh pulp rocks and makes it worth the wait in line, but shoot there are 3 people in this thread alone who i know for a fact hate lines that have mentioned maybe even making it for this one, makes me think it’s about to be a shitshow, the only hope is that fieldwork made a double batch!

Ma9573, grilledsquid and jakecattleco like this.
  25. jakecattleco

Society Trader

:zipper_mouth: that's how we keep it that way

KevSal likes this.
  26. atomicpunk5151

For me it is about the convenience of the weekday releases for the working office people. I am in Sacramento Monday-Friday for work. I am not got to drive 30+ minutes in from the suburbs on a Saturday(day off) also.

27. thuey

thuey Aspirant (255) Nov 13, 2015 California

Green Rest (Batch 1?) may have been my favorite Fieldwork beer but... I swear they've never made it taste the same again. I've been disappointed ever since.

KevSal likes this.
  28. Obuwan

Obuwan Initiate (42) May 12, 2017 California

I really do miss the weekday releases too, it was just to easy. I can't bring myself to stand in line for Fieldwork, especially since they're my local and I've been there from day one. Guess I'll hope for a crowler or two of DDH Pulp.

Rustytacos, Ma9573 and atomicpunk5151 like this.
  29. RMW66

RMW66 Devotee (441) Sep 18, 2016 Australia
    Society

Huge fan of Fieldwork beers since visiting a tap room in the Napa early last year. Hope we see more of their beers in Australia in the near future!

30. VitisVinifera

you mean more cans and crowlers in check-in luggage, or actual distribution?

vinylfiend1 likes this.
  31. atomicpunk5151

This one looks like a good collab. #CLEARBEER with Beachwood. Cans and draft.

TheBrewsky likes this.
  32. grilledsquid

Trader

I hope Beachwood rubs off on them because Fieldwork's West Coast IPAs need work IMO.

TheBrewsky, IQBlue, KevSal and 4 others like this.
  33. dcgunman

dcgunman Crusader (777) Jul 1, 2009 California
    Trader

:open_mouth:
    Agree, but their hazy's are pretty darn good. Well most of them.

Ma9573 and grilledsquid like this.
  34. BayAreaJoe

BayAreaJoe Champion (852) Nov 23, 2017 California
    Society Trader

2nd that, I picked up a couple of crowlers last weekend, Juicy Mane & Atomic Garden. Really enjoyed them both.

The first part that needs work is the price. I just can't come around to WCIPAs from places like Fieldwork and ASB because there are just vastly superior ones out here at a fraction of the price.

lucius10 likes this.
  35. atomicpunk5151

Not to get to far off track. But which local Norcal West Coast IPAs are your drinking right now? At a fraction of the price. Always looking for local WC that I might have missed or overlooked.

Rustytacos likes this.
  36. thuey

thuey Aspirant (255) Nov 13, 2015 California

I'm guessing he didn't mean specifically Bay Area-local, but for distributed stuff that's inexpensive and decent there's the Firestone Walkers, Lagunitases and heck through K&L you can get Beachwood Citraholic for $3.29/can, vs $5-6 at Fieldwork.

KevSal and BayAreaJoe like this.
  37. BayAreaJoe

BayAreaJoe Champion (852) Nov 23, 2017 California
    Society Trader

Not exactly local but close, I try to always have Revision's IPA & DIPA stocked ($10 & $11/6-pk) - pretty much swear by them and just can't get enough. Love all of the WCIPAs they periodically release too. Also really enjoy all the ones from Wildcard Brewing. Some other places that put out really good IPAs at "normal" prices are Knee Deep, Karl Strauss, and Alpine.

TheBrewsky, dcgunman and jakecattleco like this.
  38. VitisVinifera

This has been mentioned before but Revision's Mosaic Revenge is about as good a WC DIPA as I've had - a benchmark in my book.

BayAreaJoe, Ma9573 and jakecattleco like this.
  39. atomicpunk5151

Yeah, I have had (and enjoyed) all of those WC beers you mentioned (Rev, KN, Alpine, ect..)

I thought you had some new WC hookup to tell us about.... :grin:

#39 atomicpunk5151, Jan 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    BayAreaJoe likes this.
  40. IQBlue

IQBlue Initiate (120) Oct 2, 2014 California

Don’t really wanna go too far off topic but is Alpine back to normal? The Alpine that we used to love?